Omron Factory Tour

Topre Enthusiast

06 Jul 2015, 12:17

Hey guys,

Stumbled on this just now. I've heard that the Romer-G switch is not much chop, but some of you might find the video interesting regardless :)

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

06 Jul 2015, 12:21

Thanks for posting this. Each switch is a super hero. That's japanese alright. I need to get one of those Omron kimono's. 8-)

andrewjoy

06 Jul 2015, 13:36

I would like to try this switch , its interesting as we dont get many new switches now.

I think its funny how they think there is loads of metal in the switch :P and its super high quality.

Take them back in time to the beamspring contraction line :P or the hall effect one :)

acolombo

06 Jul 2015, 14:24

There is also the Cherry Factory tour also from Linus

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

06 Jul 2015, 14:30

The Cherry factory tour is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu1gP4PfqCQ

CeeSA

06 Jul 2015, 15:24

we need a video for Omron's mice switches Omron D2F-01F / D2FC-F-7N.
If the Romer-G switch is the same low quality as D2FC-F-7N I wouldn't recommend it.

I hate the attitude of these kindergarten clowns. (but who would be surprise by this)

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

06 Jul 2015, 19:31

CeeSA wrote: I hate the attitude of these kindergarten clowns. (but who would be surprise by this)
Oh I agree. I like people like Marques Brownlee more than Linus because they don't waste time on crap like "lubrication" and get to the point.

wlhlm
~

06 Jul 2015, 19:34

Omron Romer-G production line, no commentary, no music, no bullshit:

Ace
§

12 Jul 2015, 13:07

Redmaus wrote:
CeeSA wrote: I hate the attitude of these kindergarten clowns. (but who would be surprise by this)
Oh I agree. I like people like Marques Brownlee more than Linus because they don't waste time on crap like "lubrication" and get to the point.
I've been watching MKBHD for half a decade and Linus for only a year. Marques definitly wins out.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

12 Jul 2015, 18:11

Ace wrote:
Redmaus wrote:
I've been watching MKBHD for half a decade and Linus for only a year. Marques definitly wins out.
Same Here. Oh and where have you been Ace? Haven't seen you here for awhile.

squizzler

25 Jan 2020, 21:54

In recent months a rather better video than provided by the OP has been produced. Here we are introduced to the low profile switches Omron have developed for laptops.

Elrick

26 Jan 2020, 03:39

wlhlm wrote:
06 Jul 2015, 19:34
Omron Romer-G production line, no commentary, no music, no bullshit:
Makes me want to buy another Logitech G910 keyboard.

Ugly design but those switches are unique despite failing upon their earlier releases. They've got the tactility just right with spring application.

Also they have the worlds best RGB system setup, every legend is fully lit without failure. Hoping indeed their quality issues have finally been conquered.

squizzler

26 Jan 2020, 07:46

Elrick wrote:
26 Jan 2020, 03:39
Ugly design but those switches are unique despite failing upon their earlier releases. They've got the tactility just right with spring application.
I'm not sure how you define 'failing'. I would be willing to bet that Logitech and Daskeyboard each sell orders of magnitude more of these (simply by virtue of being in every computer retailer) than Mr. Groupbuy does of his custom built Yellow and Purple stripes switches, even if the latter leads to longer threads here on DT.
Also they have the worlds best RGB system setup, every legend is fully lit without failure. Hoping indeed their quality issues have finally been conquered.
These factory tour videos are excellent PR for Omron; speaking personally the B3K (to give it its official name) has gone up in my estimation from watching the amount of care that goes into its design and production. Omron have apparently been willing to return to first principles to develop their RGB switches as a complete system rather than just evolve the MX design enough to satisfy their customer and we should celebrate that. Although I am intrigued as to a comment that they should have developed a click one first, and what the B3K could have been if it had followed that development path.

Elrick

26 Jan 2020, 10:42

squizzler wrote:
These factory tour videos are excellent PR for Omron; speaking personally the B3K (to give it its official name) has gone up in my estimation from watching the amount of care that goes into its design and production.
Exactly, showing REAL footage helps to establish what is going on inside these normally very sheltered areas. This is where they want to show the world how it's produced and it helps define their product line further, good on them.
squizzler wrote:
Omron have apparently been willing to return to first principles to develop their RGB switches as a complete system rather than just evolve the MX design enough to satisfy their customer and we should celebrate that.
For myself, it had always been Logitech that first used these switches hence I can only make comparisons with their own models over a period of three years. Bought the very first edition G810 and G910 keyboards both were dodgy with their so-called tactility but I bought another batch again last year and they both exhibited a substantial change with clicky feels. Not a robust feeling like Royal Purples but a more defined BOX Browns.
squizzler wrote:
Although I am intrigued as to a comment that they should have developed a click one first, and what the B3K could have been if it had followed that development path.
'Click' was the establishment of a positive interaction, between the user and the input required to receive a result on our screen's. All we are doing today is mimicking what was first done with Typewriters, a hundred years ago.

Hoping that Omron still maintains that very same type feel for the 21st Century and beyond. I can't live without a firm Click in my Life.

Return to “Keyboards”