Funsaver!

dorkvader

06 Jun 2015, 06:16

Redmaus wrote:
hammelgammler wrote: Wow $107. I would take that instantly. :)
You and everyone else. I can't get over how beautiful this backplate is. Doesn't really matter though, since its on the bottom :evil:

Now that I have my perfect dream keyboard, I need the dream trackball. A CH products DT-225. I have been looking for quite a while.

Once the summer rolls around I will open up the sandwich and begin the change in layout and possibly change the IBM beige to a stealth black look. Not sure yet.
You don't want a DT225. I've a small trackball collection and it doesn't perform any better than a decent penny&giles (now traxsys I think? USMicroProducts still makes these) module (check out Haata's SAIC branded one here: https://plus.google.com/photos/11384566 ... 0602625569 )

Anyway fear not: I am in the stages of planning a "trackball to end all trackballs" with those Avago ADNS9800 sensors and ball transfer units. I hope to at least get a prototype up by the end of 2015.

mr_a500

06 Jun 2015, 12:57

dorkvader wrote: Anyway fear not: I am in the stages of planning a "trackball to end all trackballs" with those Avago ADNS9800 sensors and ball transfer units. I hope to at least get a prototype up by the end of 2015.
Wow, that sounds interesting. I'll need at least 3 of those. I hope they'll be PS/2 compatible. I want to replace the broken Microspeed on my Amiga. (DT225 randomly goes berserk on Amiga)

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

06 Jun 2015, 16:57

mr_a500 wrote:
dorkvader wrote: Anyway fear not: I am in the stages of planning a "trackball to end all trackballs" with those Avago ADNS9800 sensors and ball transfer units. I hope to at least get a prototype up by the end of 2015.
Wow, that sounds interesting. I'll need at least 3 of those. I hope they'll be PS/2 compatible. I want to replace the broken Microspeed on my Amiga. (DT225 randomly goes berserk on Amiga)
Fear Not! :geek:

I have a vintage microspeed trackball in box that I could sell for 30$. I know you live in canada so we could maybe do price reduction for shipping.

I even has original floppy! :mrgreen:

@ dorkvader
The only thing I don't like about my CH products trackball pro is the cruddy click lock software and the flimsy buttons on which I have already found a way to fix with a spring. I love the look and feel of the ball but I just need the newer model in order to use one properly. Would you happen to have a DT-225?

Also, that penny trackball looks very awesome but I have no idea if it will be comfortable for my hand or as to which if I will like the placement of the buttons.

But your prototype sounds interesting. Keep us posted.

mr_a500

06 Jun 2015, 17:30

Your Microspeed is PC serial, isn't it? That's no good. I need PS/2. (or Amiga version, which I doubt you have)

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

06 Jun 2015, 18:47

mr_a500 wrote: Your Microspeed is PC serial, isn't it? That's no good. I need PS/2. (or Amiga version, which I doubt you have)
My Microspeed is adb. Could I see the connector on yours?

mr_a500

06 Jun 2015, 20:56

ADB doesn't work on Amiga. Besides, I already have 3 ADB trackballs (including one Microspeed) that I could use if it was possible... which it certainly isn't.

The Microspeed I was using on the Amiga was PS/2. (through PS/2 to Amiga adapter)

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

06 Jun 2015, 22:01

mr_a500 wrote: ADB doesn't work on Amiga. Besides, I already have 3 ADB trackballs (including one Microspeed) that I could use if it was possible... which it certainly isn't.

The Microspeed I was using on the Amiga was PS/2. (through PS/2 to Amiga adapter)
Yeah thats what I thought.

Oh well. I bought this so I could resell, guess I will have to wait a little more.

macmakkara

08 Jun 2015, 08:05

Redmaus wrote:
@ macmakkara
You might have the regular version of the unsaver. I would be very interested in seeing some in depth photos of yours. Everything, inside and out. We could compare backplates ;)
Yes mine is regular version that works with soarers converter :p but i changed in xwhatits cause my soarers is dodgy and didin't work at that time. Need to get some teensies some time.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

08 Jun 2015, 08:21

macmakkara wrote:
Redmaus wrote:
@ macmakkara
You might have the regular version of the unsaver. I would be very interested in seeing some in depth photos of yours. Everything, inside and out. We could compare backplates ;)
Yes mine is regular version that works with soarers converter :p but i changed in xwhatits cause my soarers is dodgy and didin't work at that time. Need to get some teensies some time.
Send PM with detail pics please ;)

Return to “Gallery”