Small batch PCBs

elecplus

14 Apr 2015, 15:35

This company in China will do small batch PCBs. I have never worked with them.
Dear Customer,

I'm Roger.We produce PCB,our factory has passed the certifications for UL,TS16949,RoHS,etc.
Looking forward to receiving your RFQs soon.

Thanks.
Best regards
Roger
pcb Factory
Weiyuanda Industrial Co., Limited
Tel: +86-755-29951751
Email: roger@chinapcb123.com
------------------

scottc

14 Apr 2015, 15:37

That's great, really good to know. Sounds like something I'd be interested in for sure. Their website doesn't seem to resolve for me though.

Touch_It

14 Apr 2015, 20:36

Wonder about pricing. This could be really good for xwhatsit controllers.

Muirium
µ

14 Apr 2015, 20:38

What's the turnaround? I hear China is great but the big problem is queue skipping. The smaller the order, the closer to infinity it takes. Money talks.

LLRnR
\m/

14 Apr 2015, 20:43

I don't know, it looks fishy. E-mail domain that doesn't resolve to a website, the guy recommending himself simply as "Roger"... I don't find that very credible. It could be OK, though, but I'd be wary.

elecplus

14 Apr 2015, 20:47

I don't know, just got the email this morning. Most Chinese adopt an English name to make it easier for us.
Try sending him an email, see if you get an answer?
If you pay by PayPal, then you can always get your money back within 90 days if you don't receive the items.

scottc

14 Apr 2015, 20:54

It's weird, the whois info for chinapcb123.com doesn't show either the registered phone number or "Weiyuanda" mentioned above.

Mal-2

15 Apr 2015, 01:28

LLRnR wrote: I don't know, it looks fishy. E-mail domain that doesn't resolve to a website, the guy recommending himself simply as "Roger"... I don't find that very credible. It could be OK, though, but I'd be wary.
It's also not uncommon for a joint venture to have a native English-speaker at the helm.

scottc

15 Apr 2015, 01:30

I don't know, the message in the OP doesn't read like it was written by a native speaker to me.

xwhatsit

15 Apr 2015, 06:48

PCBs are one thing, PCBA is another. Plenty of places do small-quantity PCBs (OSHPark, Seee(eeeee?)d Studio, PCBWay etc. Small-scale PCBA is a bit different, there are a few popping up now but they tend to cost rather a lot the smaller the batch is unfortunately.

Muirium
µ

15 Apr 2015, 06:53

PCBA?

xwhatsit

15 Apr 2015, 06:59

PCB Assembly. PCBs are just the bare boards, no components, nothing soldered. Very important of course but not a lot of use on their own :) PCBA is the full board with components soldered on, sometimes tested etc.

Mal-2

15 Apr 2015, 07:00

scottc wrote: I don't know, the message in the OP doesn't read like it was written by a native speaker to me.
I'd be inclined to agree with this (it does sound like Chinglish or Taiwanglais), but there are plenty of native English speakers who write that awkwardly. They just generally aren't leading circuit board manufacturing companies.

Now if he was European and an English-as-an-auxiliary-language speaker, I'd expect his written English to be nearly perfect, but for his occasional mistake to be a real head-scratcher for a native to figure out, likely being a literal translation of local slang.

xwhatsit

15 Apr 2015, 07:02

I wouldn't be freaking out too much, (China-based) PCBWay write English like these guys but they've delivered all my (small-quantity) boards on time and haven't scammed me yet :)

elecplus

16 Apr 2015, 17:25

I sent Roger an email, asking why his website is not reachable.
This is what he answered.

Hello,

Kindly let me introduce our factory as below,
We are middle PCB and PCBA manufacturer in Guangdong and we have several years experience of pcb manufacturer.
So it is correct action if you can choose us,since we have advantages as below,
1.UL certificate,and for one layer with CTI-2 certificate and ISO certificate
2.Low cost,since our factory is in SHENZHEN,so the labour and other cost will be lower......
3.We have over 20 engineers who can in charge of designing PCBs...
4.Kindly enter our website www.microstar-pcb.com

Best Regards,
Roger
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Weiyuanda Industrial Co., Limited
Tel: +86-755-27757072 Fax:+86-755-29951751
Mobile:+86-18688836780
Email: roger@microstar-pcb.cn
postal code:518104

Mal-2

16 Apr 2015, 22:23

elecplus wrote: I sent Roger an email, asking why his website is not reachable.
This is what he answered.
This is either a failure of reading comprehension, or a canned answer to hold you over until they actually get around to reading your email. Either way, you know what to expect in terms of customer service.

twiddle

25 May 2015, 12:45

On the topic of small prototyping batches, I have nothing but good words to say about Smart-Prototyping, who I found through PCBShopper. 6mil (6/1000 inch) trace and spacing capability, 10 boards 5x5cm for 10 bucks. Here's the result of my first order through them (design and gerbers done with Diptrace):

As a reference for scale - that square for the STM micro is 7mm on a side.

Language barrier was less of a problem than I've come to expect when interacting with these Shenzen-based outfits (I think I read someplace SmartProto was actually run by German expats).

Might be worth getting other people to post their results from whichever fabs they've found are affordable yet still good to deal with.

idollar
i$

25 May 2015, 12:51

Thanks.
It is noted !

ivorbiggun

25 Sep 2015, 18:21

PUZZLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I keep receiving emails from Roger, Rose or Kiki - they either do not understand English or are thick having replied over 10 times that - I do NOT have any business or personal interest in PCB, PCBAs and they should stop sending emails!

Does anyone know if these are real people, if yes, how I can get them to understand?

Good day, Friend,

I'm Rose.We produce PCB & PCBA,our produce has passed the certifications for UL,TS16949、RoHS、etc.

P.C.B Manufacture
We manufactures P.C.B prototypes and large-volume orders at affordable costs while still maintaining the highest possible quality.

P.C.B Assembly
We can build anything from simple P.C.B assemblies right through to complex finished products ready for direct shipment.

We look forward to discussing your printed circuit board requirements with you.

Tks & br

Rose
Micro Precise pcb
Tel: +86-755-29951751
Email: Rose@chinapcb123.com

Return to “Workshop”