Old Triumph Adler Keyboard

Daniel Beardsmore

10 Apr 2014, 00:30

I've posted it here: [wiki]Cherry catalogues[/wiki].

Hint: there's another new switch inside. Please note, it's nearly 50 MB in size, as it's scanned at very high resolution!

Daniel Beardsmore

10 Apr 2014, 01:40

7bit wrote:Well, indeed the stem goes in 2 ways, but thre is no difference in tactile feel (I've tested this), but there is room for a 2nd contect mechanism to do what an MX can't do: close contact in 2 different circuits!!!
How does yours compare with this?

http://deskthority.net/wiki/File:20131015_085014.jpg

Notice that the ramp on one side is a different shape to the ramp on the other side. While it's true that it supports DPST, that is not a DPST slider. It looks like a two-stage design to me, where one side actuates before the other, possibly a double-action switch.

The fact that the contacts close suddenly with the slider reversed, could potentially make it tactile — I am not sure.

Yours may have a standard DPST-capable slider. (The M8s I just from you/Muirium are clearly DPST-capable, with even the holes in the base for the second set of terminals, and the slider has two identical ramps.)

Chuckster_In_Jax

30 Nov 2014, 23:46

Last week I bought some vintage computer items off of Craigslist. 2 items were a keyboard identical to the one in your photo and a printer. From what I have found, the printer and keyboard together are an electronic typewriter sold by Triumph-Adler.
It is temporarily in storage. When I have time, I will take some pictures and post them here.

Daniel Beardsmore

09 Mar 2015, 00:26

7bit wrote: Ta-Daaa!
:-)
Do you have any photos of exactly what came out of that box, especially disassembled?

M51-0131 should be tee mount, not cross mount — if what you have definitely is the grey switches that various people have, then it would be fair to officially refer to them as M51-0131. The tee mount in the design drawing may refer to M51-0129, which is given as a previous part number on that sheet.

Oddly, Sandy's new-style switches (with modern branding) have the same hollow rectangular stationary contacts as the grey slider switches — it will take a real genius to figure out M5/6/7.

terrycherry

15 Dec 2015, 03:53

It seems like the T mount of Cherry M5(Series M7) on Cherry B70-4753 keyboard for Teletypewriter. Is it right?
04.png
04.png (266.5 KiB) Viewed 1082 times
Series M7 switch.png
Series M7 switch.png (294.62 KiB) Viewed 1079 times

Return to “Gallery”