Cherry M84A-0100 (moar lame photos)

Daniel Beardsmore

10 Apr 2014, 03:25

I got my complimentary 5 × M84A-0100 from Muirium yesterday. While my photos suck balls, I did just take a set of these switches:

[wiki]Cherry M8[/wiki]

As with MX, the terminals are fitted extremely tightly, but there's even less to grip to get them out, and the slider has to be prised out hard as it's designed not to be removed. The angle of the movable contact may be wrong, as I bent it trying to get it out (and it stopped closing when the slider was depressed), and I've bent it back to an approximate shape. The stationary terminal leg bent right over when I was trying to force it up out of the switch, so I've bent that back several times now.

I've not updated the infobox image, as really that should show a selection of at least two types (open and closed) if not three (open, closed, Hirose).

Obviously, if anyone here can actually take proper photos, feel free to throw mine away and replace them with something half decent. That goes for all of my photos. As mentioned previously — if anyone is willing and able to redo all my photos properly, I'll gladly send them most of my switches (I'll save myself one of each where possible). (I still have Tai-Hao APC and SMK linear/lock left to do, as well as the SMK clones I got recently, which I need to compare with "real" SMK linear.)

Return to “Gallery”