|This article is a stub. You can help Deskthority by expanding it.|
|Keyswitches||Alps CM, Alps clone|
|Interface||XT, AT, PS/2|
|Introduced||1988 (FCC registration)|
Focus FK-2001 is a family of Alps CM and Alps clone keyboards from Focus Electronic for IBM PCs and compatibles. The original FK-2001 keyboard was XT/AT switchable, and used complicated blue (clicky) Alps CM switches. The keyboard protocol is selected via a DIP switch concealed below the badge.
Later FK-2001 keyboards included the Windows key, and various switches were used during the keyboard's lifetime.
There are at least three layouts:
- Japanese-style short right shift, with backslash right of shift
- Blank key between left ctrl and alt, and backslash between right ctrl and alt
- With Windows and menu keys
All three versions feature a bigass enter key.
The FK-2001 shipped with a number of different switches over its lifetime. The following list may not be complete.
Without Windows keys
- Blue Alps CM
- White Alps CM (complicated)
- Counterfeit white Alps CM
- Simplified Alps Type IV switch
- Omron Alps-style switches