|This article is a stub. You can help Deskthority by expanding it.|
Using the wiki
Editing the wiki
- Use singular (when possible) phrase style titles for page titles and headings, not titles with each word capitalized. So it's Buckling spring not Buckling Springs, and Keyboards with Cherry switches, not Keyboards with Cherry Switches (same as wikipedia).
- Don't put articles in categories which are a parent or grandparent of the deepest category the article is part of. So Cherry MX Blue is in category Cherry MX, which is in category Cherry switches. But Cherry MX Blue shouldn't be in Cherry switches.. In some cases a 'List of all ...' category can be made to which all deepest children can be added.
- Use Alps, not ALPS.
- Use keycap, not key cap (same as wikipedia).
- Use Space-cadet keyboard, not Space Cadet keyboard (same as wikipedia).
See the forum wiki topic for more.
Images uploaded to the wiki should be done within accordance of the copyright terms for the image. The following sources are authorised for image uploads, with appropriate credit given:
- ClickyKeyboards — under the terms "If anyone would like to add photos from clickykeyboards.com to the DT wiki (or to any other keyboard tech resource), we don't have a problem as long as correct attribution is given to the original source."
- Sandy's a little bit of keyboards — permission to use images is given on the website in Japanese
- MouseFan — permission obtained through Sandy: "He allowed you and DeskThority to use his images within Deskthority as far as Deskthority will keep being public, and will not tend to commercial activity earning money using his pictures as advertisement for selling goods. But please keep in mind he will not respond to emails or any inquiries from foreigners to his BBS, or request for trade/buying keyboards … Preferably, please put a note something like "great thanks to Mousefan providing pictures and information ..." or such somewhere in wiki page or any appropriate space."
- Alps.tw — under the terms "如果你詳細註明來源與出處及原始來源網頁,引用至WiKi~~這是可以的" translated in context as "If you attribute and credit the origin of the source of the web page, you may use them in your wiki."
Source (e.g. URL) and copyright terms should be included in the image description to indicate that image is used with permission and not stolen. Template:Imagedesc should be used to caption the image, and it has ready-made fields for source and copyright.
References and external links to pages containing the images should be used instead of uploading the images directly, in cases where permission to use the image has not been obtained.
- ↑ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Article_titles#Article_title_format
- ↑ http://deskthority.net/deskthority-related-f17/the-wiki-thread-t70-390.html#p41541
- ↑ http://deskthority.net/deskthority-related-f17/the-wiki-thread-t70-120.html#p3789
- ↑ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keycap
- ↑ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space-cadet_keyboard
- ↑ Deskthority — 1988 Industrial Model M - NIB !! (post ID 115555)
- ↑ KBTalking — ㊣ALPS軸類零組件比較㊣ (page 2)