First complete mod - Ducky YYY custom

fart_toast

18 Apr 2014, 00:26

http://imgur.com/a/OtPDW

Hi all,
here is my most recent build. Decided I needed a new work board. I didn't go stock this time. Put pieces together that I acquired over the recent months. This board really feels great to type on. My new favourite!

Started out with a stock MX Blue Ducky Shine 3 YYY edition TKL in UK PBT engraved. Re-vamped it with 62g gold korean springed, krytox lubed, stickered, and PCB mounted switches.

Donor board Cherry G80-1851LPMDE I acquired from Germany. The Cherry MX black switch tops. bottoms, and sliders were taken from this. Therefore extra sturdy construction here with the solid orange Ducky plate and also PCB mounted switches...they're not going anywhere!

Blue switch stickers from Originative USA.

Krytox 105 lube and 62g gold coated springs from Sprit's Geekhack group buy - Korea. (Thanks to Sprit and LechnerDE here for all their hard work!)

Alphas are a Vortex poker ABS at the moment to allow the Ducky Shine 3 lighting modes to be seen...I like the reactive mode where a trail of light shows where you have typed.

Ducky WASD red keycaps ABS. Yellow keycaps are the thick PBT Ducky type.

Space bar switch is a stock Cherry MX red plate mount lubed with Krytox 105 - I like my spacebars lighter than the rest of the keys for gaming spammability. I also turn my spacebar keycap upside down.

Arrow cluster switches are vintage blacks, modded in the same way as the rest of the switches, kindly given to me by the owner of the G80 donor board for testing purposes...they made the final build instead!

LEDs are all stock Ducky gold/yellow except the WASD, fn key, enter key, and arrow cluster which have green LEDs.

(Watch out for the coming months where I will be loading my poker 2 with a titanium plate and 62g, krytox, stickered ergo clears, and ABS double shot spherical keycaps etc...).
-Fart_Toast

Return to “Workshop”