No cherry for old men

scottc

14 Oct 2014, 16:56

If you ever give up on that SGI, Mu, myself and wheybags have a bunch of compatible computers that we'd be more than happy to use an ALPS board on.

Muirium
µ

14 Oct 2014, 23:15

I'll try not to get too nasty with it. Any idea what they look like inside? (I want a detachable controller, as always.) And, ever heard of anyone convert SGI's keyboard protocol?

Wishful thinking of mine…

scottc

14 Oct 2014, 23:34

I've got no idea - never had one. The internals are likely similar to a Dell AT101 and other "Bigfoot"-style boards - so a PCB-integrated controller.

I've never heard of a converter, either. Hopefully there is one!

andrewjoy

15 Oct 2014, 01:01

It will be the same pcb as the dell , the controller is between F11/F12 and backspace ( i have one on the wall :P)

Muirium
µ

15 Oct 2014, 01:22

The best place for it, eh? The wall, I mean, although there are worse places for a controller. Like above the numpad. You know, for those who dare to chop

Some pictures of yours, its caps and its insides, would be most useful, Andy. For my own devious (and unlikely) plans as well as keyboarding posterity!

andrewjoy

15 Oct 2014, 10:01

will sort it out when i can will be busy with new job stuff this afternoon so may be tomorrow ,

it was the plan to mod the pcb with decent switches but then i discovered SGI and there sweet sweet caps

DiodeHead

29 Oct 2014, 21:25

at last, here they are

Now to find some 1mm material in wich to make a provisional plate to see if everything lines up correctly.

Nuum

29 Oct 2014, 21:31

Cardboard works quite nice for that.

DiodeHead

29 Oct 2014, 21:43

interesting, that is a great idea indeed, thanks you just gave me the idea on where to look :)

DiodeHead

01 Nov 2014, 21:38

well i found some 1mm cardboard, but after a lot of cuts cardboard warps up itself easily so it´s dificult to know if measurements are correct.

now is when it would be awsome to have a cnc T_T

Return to “Workshop”