SCM Profile

livingspeedbump
Not what they seem

30 Jul 2015, 01:53

I am late to the convo, but once I know who to throw my money at, all of it, I will do just that.

livingspeedbump
Not what they seem

30 Jul 2015, 01:58

Muirium wrote: So long as Topre's included!
Yes please. These for my HHKB's would be glorious.

vinnycordeiro

08 Oct 2015, 17:29

Is this project dead? :(

potatowire

08 Oct 2015, 19:12

vinnycordeiro wrote: Is this project dead? :(
Probably just sleeping.

Muirium
µ

08 Oct 2015, 19:58

Hopefully.

I'll get in touch with rsbseb and ask. Last I heard, he had to take some time off for medical reasons. Hopefully he's over that now. Was some months ago.

vinnycordeiro

08 Oct 2015, 20:00

Muirium wrote: Hopefully.

I'll get in touch with rsbseb and ask. Last I heard, he had to take some time off for medical reasons. Hopefully he's over that now. Was some months ago.
Yeah, I remember that. Let's hope everything is alright now.

Techno Trousers
100,000,000 actuations

08 Oct 2015, 20:37

I hope everything's all right as well. I was really looking forward to some new buckling spring caps to go along with the Model F revival project.

Crazy Canadian XXIV

09 Oct 2015, 13:23

Man, you people and your wacky keyboard layouts :lol: I've been using bogstandard QWERTY 101 and 104-key keyboards for my entire life and had no problems.

Anywho, on topic: is Rsbseb kill?

vinnycordeiro

09 Oct 2015, 14:57

Crazy Canadian XXIV wrote: Man, you people and your wacky keyboard layouts :lol: I've been using bogstandard QWERTY 101 and 104-key keyboards for my entire life and had no problems.

Anywho, on topic: is Rsbseb kill?
I don't care about all those exotic layouts discussed on this topic, just the keycaps. Having alternatives to look for is always a good thing. Just hoping those will also come with Cherry MX mounts. Or ALPS.

Muirium
µ

09 Oct 2015, 15:25

There is no such thing as qwerty 101 and 104. That's what people who haven't heard of ANSI call ANSI.

I'm all in favour of dumping other layouts too. But nomenclature!

rsbseb
-Horned Rabbit-

12 Oct 2015, 05:05

Yes SCM is in hibernation for now. It's not dead, I just cant let it be the death of me. I am still dealing with some heath related issues that limit my capacity right now. SCM will have to wait until spring for further development.

As for the Alps adapters and IBM sphericals, they will come first (tooling for the adapters is complete and the IBM's have already been protyped) just not as quickly as I had planned earlier this year. I have other business commitments that need to come first right now and I am not in condition to burn the candle at both ends. Please be patient I am still a committed keyboard enthusiast and have not gone away.

Techno Trousers
100,000,000 actuations

12 Oct 2015, 06:41

Really looking forward to seeing what you bring to the IBMs. Take care of yourself!

vinnycordeiro

12 Oct 2015, 18:04

rsbseb wrote: Yes SCM is in hibernation for now. It's not dead, I just cant let it be the death of me. I am still dealing with some heath related issues that limit my capacity right now. SCM will have to wait until spring for further development.

As for the Alps adapters and IBM sphericals, they will come first (tooling for the adapters is complete and the IBM's have already been protyped) just not as quickly as I had planned earlier this year. I have other business commitments that need to come first right now and I am not in condition to burn the candle at both ends. Please be patient I am still a committed keyboard enthusiast and have not gone away.
Good to hear about you. Take your time, we will be waiting for you here.

Muirium
µ

12 Oct 2015, 18:27

Indeed. We'll still be here. Let's make sure you are too!

jbondeson

12 Oct 2015, 18:28

rsbseb wrote: Yes SCM is in hibernation for now. It's not dead, I just cant let it be the death of me. I am still dealing with some heath related issues that limit my capacity right now. SCM will have to wait until spring for further development.

Health is one thing you definitely don't mess with, especially not for bits of plastic (even if some of us are really enthusiastic about those pieces of plastic).

Hope you're on the road to recovery!

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

12 Oct 2015, 18:54

Thanks for the update! Sometimes pushing back on projects is the correct choice. I hope everything works out okay for you.

Touch_It

12 Oct 2015, 20:26

Get better before catering to us wolves, lol. Excited to see the end products though.

Cheers!

rsbseb
-Horned Rabbit-

13 Oct 2015, 02:22

Thanks for all the well wishes. I have for the most part recovered. However I have some new limitations to live with. My capacity for work will probably increase over time but may always be compromised, I'm just not getting younger and can't fix that. I just have to work at an appropriate pace to get things done and do a better job of saying no as well as recognizing when it's time to call it a day.

Crazy Canadian XXIV

13 Oct 2015, 04:11

Good on ya. Don't push yourself farther than you can handle if you can help it. I'm perfectly content to wait as long as is necessary for everything to get sorted.

rsbseb
-Horned Rabbit-

14 Apr 2017, 05:47

It's time for SCM to come out of hibernation. From the time I got the key cap bug over two years ago and decided to produce a new profile, SCM was my baby and my passion. It's a major project that as already had thousands of dollars and countless hours of R+D work done. Since I have revived Spherical Buckling Spring project I have had a number of requests to move forward with SCM as well.

My thought had been to get SBS to production and see how things go before messing around with SCM again. Well I just got off the phone with my son and he feels we can run development side by side with these two projects. I've been bit by the bug again and SCM is truly my passion. I even have a prototype key displayed on a shelf in my new office.

SBS production will still come first but development on SCM will advance alongside SBS simultaneously. The goal will be to produce industrial quality caps with as many options for customization as possible. The tooling library for this project is going to be huge and some features or mounts may have to be phased in over a little time, but we'll get there.

livingspeedbump
Not what they seem

12 May 2017, 17:59

Thanks for the update! Glad this is still happening! There is so much about this project to be excited about.

rsbseb
-Horned Rabbit-

12 May 2017, 22:29

livingspeedbump wrote: Thanks for the update! Glad this is still happening! There is so much about this project to be excited about.
You bet it's exciting. However it's also a bit overwhelming. Progress is a little slow with SCM at the moment but should pick up again in a couple of months. We are actively working on SBS and another yet to be announced project of personal interest.

livingspeedbump
Not what they seem

12 May 2017, 22:48

rsbseb wrote:
livingspeedbump wrote: Thanks for the update! Glad this is still happening! There is so much about this project to be excited about.
You bet it's exciting. However it's also a bit overwhelming. Progress is a little slow with SCM at the moment but should pick up again in a couple of months. We are actively working on SBS and another yet to be announced project of personal interest.
You shouldn't rush, or feel the need to rush. It sounds like you are very excited and passionate about the project, go at a slow enough pace that you can enjoy the process and not burn yourself out :)

theillumedpanda

03 Jul 2017, 10:12

rsbseb wrote: It's time for SCM to come out of hibernation. From the time I got the key cap bug over two years ago and decided to produce a new profile, SCM was my baby and my passion. It's a major project that as already had thousands of dollars and countless hours of R+D work done. Since I have revived Spherical Buckling Spring project I have had a number of requests to move forward with SCM as well.

My thought had been to get SBS to production and see how things go before messing around with SCM again. Well I just got off the phone with my son and he feels we can run development side by side with these two projects. I've been bit by the bug again and SCM is truly my passion. I even have a prototype key displayed on a shelf in my new office.

SBS production will still come first but development on SCM will advance alongside SBS simultaneously. The goal will be to produce industrial quality caps with as many options for customization as possible. The tooling library for this project is going to be huge and some features or mounts may have to be phased in over a little time, but we'll get there.
Just registered to say that I'm glad this project is not dead. Don't feel stressed that you have to push yourself even further. I think we'd be all happy if this projects reaches its final stage at some point, it doesn't have to be tomorrow.

Is Alps support still under development?

rsbseb
-Horned Rabbit-

03 Jul 2017, 15:30

theillumedpanda wrote: Just registered to say that I'm glad this project is not dead. Don't feel stressed that you have to push yourself even further. I think we'd be all happy if this projects reaches its final stage at some point, it doesn't have to be tomorrow.

Is Alps support still under development?
Yes, Alps support is still a part of the plan. ;)

Lbibass

26 Mar 2019, 15:11

This is a heck of a necro, but are there any more updates on this? Fascinating profile, but this project appears to be dead.

Return to “Workshop”