Censorship

fossala
Elite +1

13 Jul 2012, 18:57

Is there being posts deleted by mods? I had one of mine gone "missing" last week. And 2 times in the last 2 days I have seen "risky" posts being deleted.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

13 Jul 2012, 19:07

It happened once to me that one of mine was "missing" as well, but then it was there again a little later. I blamed anything "network-esque" for it.

Just now I see a post in the spy, but when I try to open it (in another Firefox tab, so the spy is still unchanged) it returns an error ("The requested topic does not exist").
As I wouldn't say the text I can see in the spy is "risky", I suppose the poster deleted his post just after posting it.

Icarium

13 Jul 2012, 19:07

I assume the authors of the risky posts decided to do so themselves. Sometimes they also just edit the content away. You can usually watch it happen if you use the spy. ;)

kbdfr
The Tiproman

13 Jul 2012, 19:08

Icarium wrote:I assume the authors of the risky posts decided to do so themselves. Sometimes they also just edit the content away. You can usually watch it happen if you use the spy. ;)
I would say I posted just seconds before you did :lol:

mintberryminuscrunch

13 Jul 2012, 19:14

afaik if you report a post it either stays unchanged or gets demongolated or deleted.
so quite possible that posts of you got deleted if reported...

webwit
Wild Duck

13 Jul 2012, 19:45

No posts from fossala were deleted according to the moderator logs. Except people who delete their own posts, I only see some spam posts by ripster that have been deleted.

fossala
Elite +1

13 Jul 2012, 19:52

Hmmm, strange. I didn't think anything of it at the time, just rethought it when I saw the post yesterday and another one today go missing. Latest one being in a GH thread.
Wasn't accusing, was just curious.

Charlie_Brown_MX

13 Jul 2012, 20:11

Maybe the Demongolator took them?

TexasFlood

13 Jul 2012, 20:25

Some of mine got demongolated with a group of other posts recently to a flame thread.

mintberryminuscrunch

13 Jul 2012, 20:28

http://deskthority.net/off-topic-f10/th ... tml#p62728
you got several demongolated post, check there

Return to “Deskthority talk”