deskthority - Suggestions and Changelog

alh84001
v.001

26 Mar 2017, 03:14

I asked about this before, but there was just tumbleweed, so here it goes again. Could we make it possible to "remove" yourself from a thread? Let me clarify. When a user posts into a thread, if there are subsequent replies to that thread, than that thread would jump to the top of the "view your posts" page. Could we do something so that the user can remove this thread from there?

And could forum spy be customised so that user can pick subforums that are of interest? E.g. removing offtopic subforum comes to mind :P

Topre Enthusiast

26 Mar 2017, 03:22

Now why would you want to remove Off-topic...it is such a bastion of rational, level-headed discussion ;)
In addition to your suggestion, 'View your posts' could be improved to have the option to sort by when *you* made your last post. It would be so much more useful if you could do that.

webwit
Wild Duck

26 Mar 2017, 03:32

We're currently on a dead and outdated branch of phpBB, don't expect any new work there - we're planning to move to more modern software this year, probably the refactored and new phpBB. All our current mods will not be compatible though without reprogramming. Matt3o is heading this project. But remember, we're all into the keyboard hobby, not forum software, so realistically, if this happens, this year or at all, all you can hope for is some stock forum software combined with mods and patches by people who had an itch, which may or may not correspondent with your itches. We should put the new software into github or something so everyone could have a go and provide patches for their particular requirements.

Topre Enthusiast

26 Mar 2017, 03:34

That would be really cool (github). Would love to have a crack at it myself.

alh84001
v.001

26 Mar 2017, 20:09

Ditto.

For sure i was not thinking to get some new dev work done on the current software we have, but rather hoping that there's a config switch which already does what i want. Oh well, I'll just be more patient then.

Return to “Deskthority talk”