First unread post link broken

Acanthophis

29 Nov 2012, 18:04

Continuation from this post: http://deskthority.net/deskthority-rela ... tml#p49819

When click on the "First unread post" link in any thread which still is one page long, it just redirects me to board index.
I assume, since I am on the page where the unread post is the forum software thinks I read it already, so when I click the link it redirects me back to index.
It's far more comfortable to click on the link than to scroll down and search for the last post I read and determine where the new posts start.
Is this fixable?

Also a suggestion:
Could the file size limit for avatar pics be set higher? I resized a pic to 64x64px via Photoshop but can't save that damn thing in under 20kB, even if I select quality 0...
Last edited by Acanthophis on 30 Nov 2012, 00:49, edited 1 time in total.

webwit
Wild Duck

29 Nov 2012, 22:52

If I export a complex jpeg at quality 100 and 64x64px, it is just over 8k. I think you're doing it wrong? Is it really 64x64?

Acanthophis

30 Nov 2012, 00:48

Yeah, I did it right. Just checked again.

Ok... yeah, you are right.
I didn't proceed the jpg saving process fully. When PS asks you about the jpg options it shows the size. But either it is not the actual file size or some other info I don't know about. After actually saving the pic it only had 12kB.
Maybe it's the binary vs. decimal thing. Like an advertised 500GB external drive doesn't have actual 500GB in windows.

So yeah, my bad ;)

webwit
Wild Duck

30 Nov 2012, 00:53

The max size is just a counter measure for animated gifs ;) And to keep pages loading quick if there are a lot of different posters.

Acanthophis

30 Nov 2012, 00:57

So, what about my initial report about the broken first unread post link?

webwit
Wild Duck

30 Nov 2012, 02:38

I haven't looked into it yet. Maybe over the weekend.

Acanthophis

30 Nov 2012, 02:45

Fair enough.

xbb

30 Nov 2012, 20:50

Acanthophis wrote:So, what about my initial report about the broken first unread post link?
I can't reproduce this.
Do you mean clicking on the "View first unread post" icon on left of the topic title?

Return to “Deskthority talk”