[FS] IBM Model F62 "Kishsaver" 4704 - USB

Hey, at least it's something rare :lol: Guess I have to wait for the return of the Model MF project :cry:
hansichen

Unread post03 Dec 2018, 18:24

X
hansichen

Main keyboard: G80-2100
Main mouse: Deathadder
Favorite switch: Vintage Black
DT Pro Member: -

I'm not sure it's really a collector piece with that paint job and mismatched keycaps. Non-original paint takes away a lot of the value for me. Also, no offense, but as a seller you are being a bit sketchy; why haven't you taken more/better pics with a timestamp, why are you posting on an alternate account, and why haven't you done anything to verify that everything is in perfect working order? The last part is especially important because you bought a non-functioning board and claim to have gotten it working again. If it's working again why don't you prove it to us?
FXT
XT

Unread post03 Dec 2018, 19:42

X
FXT
XT

Main keyboard: F107/F122/XT/3278
Favorite switch: Buckling springs
DT Pro Member: 0204

Do you have a camera at home my guy?
green-squid

Unread post03 Dec 2018, 20:29

X
green-squid

Main keyboard: Lexmark Dell Model M
Main mouse: Lenovo Scrollpoint optical
Favorite switch: Buckling Spring

green-squid wrote:Do you have a camera at home my guy?

I think we need some cat pictures :)
JP!

Unread post03 Dec 2018, 20:30

X
JP!

Main keyboard: Currently a Model M
Main mouse: Steel Series Sensei
Favorite switch: Beam Spring
DT Pro Member: 0194

I know. Even a timestamp picture from a smartphone will suffice.
xxhellfirexx

Unread post03 Dec 2018, 20:31

X
xxhellfirexx

FXT wrote:I'm not sure it's really a collector piece with that paint job and mismatched keycaps. Non-original paint takes away a lot of the value for me. Also, no offense, but as a seller you are being a bit sketchy; why haven't you taken more/better pics with a timestamp, why are you posting on an alternate account, and why haven't you done anything to verify that everything is in perfect working order? The last part is especially important because you bought a non-functioning board and claim to have gotten it working again. If it's working again why don't you prove it to us?

Oy vey, to many questions. Off to the soup kitchen with you.

I will try to get my polaroid camera out and take a photo but they don't make any film anymore have to order is on Ebay.

Kids these days with their fancy phones. Geeez lewizzz
Nivlom_Drol-

Unread post03 Dec 2018, 20:35

X
Nivlom_Drol-

Main keyboard: IBM Unsaver

xxhellfirexx wrote:

Hellfire, you do not understand! Only those with REAL TASTE can understand the kishsaver. You must have the $$$ to even get to be in a 1 meter radius of one of these. And touching it? Pfff FORGET ABOUT IT MY DUDE, your oily fingers will literally disintegrate the keycaps, that's why I keep mine in a glass case, after all, that's why I spend a thousand dollars for a 30 plus year old input device, for the e-pingas increase u know!!!!

Also a real message to my man '100% Not Mr Duul: you really think we are jelly of your oil money huh? you really think your opinions are valid because we peasants just dont have the muulah. :mrgreen: epic.
green-squid

Unread post03 Dec 2018, 20:44

X
green-squid

I have 56 dollars in my Paypal account and can't buy any slightly nice keyboard from eBay and even I know you're full of shit
green-squid

Unread post03 Dec 2018, 20:48

X
green-squid

>oy vey
>soup kitchen
Best DT thread 2018 :lol:
Dingster

Unread post03 Dec 2018, 20:57

X
Dingster

Main keyboard: Model M
Main mouse: Kensington Exper Mouse
Favorite switch: Good switches

My goy duul sure is taking his time with the pictures
FXT
XT

Unread post03 Dec 2018, 21:04

X
FXT
XT

Extremly low effort from the seller for such a pricey item. Keyboard is repainted, discoloured and probably poorly repaired but the seller talks about it like it's the holy grail, just to squeeze every last cent out of the idiot who makes a "serious offer only".
Geroximo

Unread post03 Dec 2018, 21:21

X
Geroximo

Main keyboard: modded QFR, silenced Norbatouch
Main mouse: Zowie FK-1
Favorite switch: 65g vintage Blacks, 45g Topre

That idiot could have been me if the seller was actually motivated to sell. However, I refuse to deal with an arrogant seller who "knows what he has." Thanks, but no thanks. If I'm buying an OG Kishsaver it's going to be mostly original save for a USB conversion. In the condition the seller has shown, I'm much more comfortable not spending my money and buying a reproduction Kishsaver.
Last edited by FXT on 03 Dec 2018, 22:08, edited 1 time in total.
FXT
XT

Unread post03 Dec 2018, 21:38

X
FXT
XT

This guys's a joke. Don't even pay attention to him. Not worth it.
enrique.aliaga

Unread post03 Dec 2018, 21:46

X
enrique.aliaga

Main keyboard: Constantly switching
Main mouse: Apple Magic Mouse
Favorite switch: Topre 55g

IBM Model M 1390131 (06JAN87) | IBM Model M SSK (07-28-1992) | Apple Extended Keyboard M0115 | Apple Standard Keyboard M0116 | Northgate OmniKey Plus | SIIG MiniTouch | Happy Hacking Keyboard Professional 2 | Realforce 87UD55 10th Anniversary | Matias Mini Tactile Pro | Unicomp UNIX SpaceSaver | Unicomp Spacesaver M for Mac | CMStorm Quick Fire Rapid
Ok, I'll bite (since no one else seems to have yet). Is no one else triggered by the fact that the PD1 and PD2 keys have been switched around? Or is it that the current user writes from right to left?
depletedvespene

Unread post03 Dec 2018, 21:50

X
depletedvespene

Main keyboard: IBM Model F122
Main mouse: Logitech G700s
Favorite switch: buckling spring

For what it's worth, the highest [unsolicited] offer I've received for mine is a one to one trade with an APL Unsaver. Highest cash offer was just over $1000.

That said, if mine were to be ever sold, the new owner would be given the nittiest, grittiest details of the board's history all the way from the events that transpired during The Incident that led to the eventual complete restoration of the board to the transplanted NOS FXT switches. They new switches significantly increased the typing quality of the board, but someone who wants originality might not like that change.

If this seller is genuine about selling this board, I highly recommend taking detailed photos and cooperating with prospective buyers. Take photos of the approach, getaway, the northwest corner, the southwest corner (not to mention the aerial photography). Ehem... I mean the front, back, corners and preferably insides as well noting condition of the plate, proof of new foam, etc, etc. Unnecessary paint on the backplate could reduce value, but a good job on the top plate could increase the value over a corroded plate. Also when someone asks a question, answer cleanly. Giving a smart response to a legitimate question or criticism will result in reactions like FXT and can push out potentially serious buyers willing to pay a hefty penny.

For instance, the keys are not all original.
The Erase EOF key never was featured on a Kishsaver
It's been ANSI modded so the left shift and enter keys are incorrect
The "{[" and "}]" keys appear to be a different Shade than the other keys
But instead of allowing yourself to be corrected, you criticize the person who posted a photo that they thought would be an okay reference to an original board (although it has a couple non-original caps as well, but not the point).
Last edited by Aer Fixus on 04 Dec 2018, 20:56, edited 1 time in total.
Aer Fixus

Unread post03 Dec 2018, 22:21

X
Aer Fixus

depletedvespene wrote:Ok, I'll bite (since no one else seems to have yet). Is no one else triggered by the fact that the PD1 and PD2 keys have been switched around? Or is it that the current user writes from right to left?

In traditional Chinese you do write the other way round ;) Though you start at the top right and write in columns and not in rows.
hansichen

Unread post03 Dec 2018, 22:22

X
hansichen

Main keyboard: G80-2100
Main mouse: Deathadder
Favorite switch: Vintage Black

Muirium wrote:Sadly, there is no ping award this year. You know, just in case that’s what you’re going for here…

#DTA2019
depletedvespene

Unread post03 Dec 2018, 23:13

X
depletedvespene

Nivlom_Drol- wrote:I see stars buddy. My kishsaver is a superstar.

I'm interested. Excuse me for a minute while I set up a flexible funding IndieGogo project. Meanwhile, be a guy and mod the keyboard so it'll have a 2×2U Enter key, will ya?
depletedvespene

Unread post03 Dec 2018, 23:33

X
depletedvespene

Lest I forget...

og-eyes.png
OG eye set. No replacements!
depletedvespene

Unread post03 Dec 2018, 23:44

X
depletedvespene

Aer Fixus wrote:For what it's worth, the highest [unsolicited] offer I've received for mine is a one to one trade with an APL Unsaver. Highest cash offer was just over $1000.

That said, if mine were to be ever sold, the new owner would be given the nittiest, grittiest details of the board's history all the way from the events that transpired during The Incident that led to the eventual complete restoration of the board to the transplanted NOS FXT switches. They new switches significantly increased the typing quality of the board, but someone who wants originality might not like that change.

If this seller is genuine about selling this board, I highly recommend taking detailed photos and cooperating with prospective buyers. Take photos of the approach, getaway, the northwest corner, the southwest corner (not to mention the aerial photography). Ehem... I mean the front, back, corners and preferably insides as well noting condition of the plate, proof of new foam, etc, etc. Unnecessary paint on the Zinc backplate could reduce value, but a good job on the top plate could increase the value over a corroded plate. Also when someone asks a question, answer cleanly. Giving a smart response to a legitimate question or criticism will result in reactions like FXT and can push out potentially serious buyers willing to pay a hefty penny.

For instance, the keys are not all original.
The Erase EOF key never was featured on a Kishsaver
It's been ANSI modded so the left shift and enter keys are incorrect
The "{[" and "}]" keys appear to be a different Shade than the other keys
But instead of allowing yourself to be corrected, you criticize the person who posted a photo that they thought would be an okay reference to an original board (although it has a couple non-original caps as well, but not the point).

That is mah boi. this is a man of high tastes.
Nivlom_Drol-

Unread post04 Dec 2018, 00:42

X
Nivlom_Drol-

depletedvespene wrote:Lest I forget...

og-eyes.png

Is that a fox?
Nivlom_Drol-

Unread post04 Dec 2018, 00:43

X
Nivlom_Drol-

FXT wrote:That idiot could have been me if the seller was actually motivated to sell. However, I refuse to deal with an arrogant seller who "knows what he has." Thanks, but no thanks. If I'm buying an OG Kishsaver it's going to be mostly original save for a USB conversion. In the condition the seller has shown, I'm much more comfortable not spending my money and buying a reproduction Kishsaver.

I am thinking of starting the bid on my ebay auction at $5,000 for the lulz. Hoping to get $10,000 - $20,000. :twisted: :lol:
Nivlom_Drol-

Unread post04 Dec 2018, 00:44

X
Nivlom_Drol-

Dingster wrote:>oy vey
>soup kitchen
Best DT thread 2018 :lol:

You are best waifu :D
Nivlom_Drol-

Unread post04 Dec 2018, 00:45

X
Nivlom_Drol-

green-squid wrote:
xxhellfirexx wrote:

Hellfire, you do not understand! Only those with REAL TASTE can understand the kishsaver. You must have the $$$ to even get to be in a 1 meter radius of one of these. And touching it? Pfff FORGET ABOUT IT MY DUDE, your oily fingers will literally disintegrate the keycaps, that's why I keep mine in a glass case, after all, that's why I spend a thousand dollars for a 30 plus year old input device, for the e-pingas increase u know!!!!

Also a real message to my man '100% Not Mr Duul: you really think we are jelly of your oil money huh? you really think your opinions are valid because we peasants just dont have the muulah. :mrgreen: epic.

This guy gets it.
Nivlom_Drol-

Unread post04 Dec 2018, 00:45

X
Nivlom_Drol-

Does DT not have a required minimum number of posts before one is permitted to use the forum to sell an item? If not, perhaps it should. Joining up for the immediate purpose of selling would seem to run counter to the spirit of the forum.
Hypersphere

Unread post04 Dec 2018, 00:46

X
Hypersphere

Main keyboard: Silenced & Lubed HHKB (Black)
Main mouse: Logitech G403
Favorite switch: Topre 45/55g Silenced; Various Alps; IBM Model F
DT Pro Member: 0038

Nivlom_Drol- wrote:
green-squid wrote:Also a real message to my man '100% Not Mr Duul: you really think we are jelly of your oil money huh? you really think your opinions are valid because we peasants just dont have the muulah. :mrgreen: epic.

This guy gets it.

Indeed.
Hypersphere wrote:Does DT not have a required minimum number of posts before one is permitted to use the forum to sell an item? If not, perhaps it should. Joining up for the immediate purpose of selling would seem to run counter to the spirit of the forum.

I am in favor of a minimum post requirement!
//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

Unread post04 Dec 2018, 01:00

X
//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

Main keyboard: some kind of alps keyboard
Favorite switch: clk: SKCM blue, lin: SKCL cream, tac: SKCM cream
DT Pro Member: 0188

I was actually shocked myself there was no post requirement, I mean Geekhack has one
Nivlom_Drol-

Unread post04 Dec 2018, 01:03

X
Nivlom_Drol-

Nivlom_Drol- wrote:I was actually shocked myself there was no post requirement, I mean Geekhack has one

And therefore you decided to shamelessly take advantage of the system’s flaws to shadily promote your items. You, sir, are a douchebag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
enrique.aliaga

Unread post04 Dec 2018, 01:09

X
enrique.aliaga

Main keyboard: Constantly switching
Main mouse: Apple Magic Mouse
Favorite switch: Topre 55g

IBM Model M 1390131 (06JAN87) | IBM Model M SSK (07-28-1992) | Apple Extended Keyboard M0115 | Apple Standard Keyboard M0116 | Northgate OmniKey Plus | SIIG MiniTouch | Happy Hacking Keyboard Professional 2 | Realforce 87UD55 10th Anniversary | Matias Mini Tactile Pro | Unicomp UNIX SpaceSaver | Unicomp Spacesaver M for Mac | CMStorm Quick Fire Rapid
Nivlom_Drol- wrote:
depletedvespene wrote:Lest I forget...

The attachment og-eyes.png is no longer available

Is that a fox?

fox.png
Wise fox sporting the “Kindly leave the premises.” look.
depletedvespene

Unread post04 Dec 2018, 01:19

X
depletedvespene

enrique.aliaga wrote:
Nivlom_Drol- wrote:I was actually shocked myself there was no post requirement, I mean Geekhack has one

And therefore you decided to shamelessly take advantage of the system’s flaws to shadily promote your items. You, sir, are a douchebag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

u sir are a gai boi

you don't even know that it's a system flaw your just assuming. it's probably done on purpose to promote sellers of rare items like mine. unlike you who has no kishsaver.

i also don't like your hat.
Last edited by Nivlom_Drol- on 04 Dec 2018, 01:41, edited 2 times in total.
Nivlom_Drol-

Unread post04 Dec 2018, 01:38

X
Nivlom_Drol-

PreviousNext