mkawa

05 Apr 2012, 01:17

ffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!

mintberryminuscrunch

05 Apr 2012, 01:27

rofl

litster

05 Apr 2012, 04:34

As I said before, I don't mind if people get to buy acrylic cases for the cheap, $40 on taobao. Good for the Phantom project and future projects. If you guys can find it cheap, by all means, have at it.

What I am not happy is laggy-gaga lied to my face when he bought the cases from me and made me sent the cases to China for duplication myself. You duped me. And you feng, the more you say, the more I can see you are still lying to me and to the rest of the community. Before you say you are not lying, you should go back to re-read what you wrote.

This community is small. People bitch and yell at each other all the time for different opinions. But doing what you two (and whoever the third one is) did is pretty shady. Remember, you still want to deal with people in the community and you want to have a good reputation. Burning bridges like you guys did is not a good move. People in the community will remember this for years to come.

feng

05 Apr 2012, 04:53

No worries any more. MKC will make some changes. I don't wanna say anything against you litster, I knew you would be the winner anyway. I do regret I didn't check the copyright things before doing the group buy. I should have checked with you before. But the group buy was just a rush. It will never happen again. The reason I'm still keeping dealing with you in this case is because I respect you. I saw some of your contributions to this keyboard community. I really don't wanna say anything more to protect MKC, tired. I'm kinda a seller, I just sell things that I got from the others. I'm not the maker, and I'm not the person who bought your case and sent it to MKC. I just sell what MKC has. MKC is actually the person you really should talk to. Without me, people still would be able to find some way to buy his clear case from Taobao for a lower price than my gourp buy. Somehow I became the bad guy in this situation. I don't want this. As I said, I just simply bring something from China and sell them in US and the other countries. Now my group buy for the clear case is pending, until MKC works something out with a new design. Good luck anyway. Sorry about everything.
Last edited by feng on 05 Apr 2012, 05:42, edited 1 time in total.

webwit
Wild Duck

05 Apr 2012, 05:38

I bet if they had asked, litster would have been honored and I bet he's not even interested in copyright and stuff, although with these kind of events it unfortunately forces people to be so in the future. Bit of a cultural difference too, perhaps? If you copy without attribution or dealing with the source, it's not a good thing. In any case I find it unnecessary, whether I see a case, a controller or some specific keycap copied. You guys are so good in production and making things happen, and know when there's demand and money in things. Do you really need specific designs of others anymore? Surely you can innovate any of these items yourself, and people would love it. (I'm not addressing anyone in particular btw) This I don't understand.

guilleguillaume

05 Apr 2012, 09:43

I can't believe what I read :|

What a nasty move to dupe Litster work.

laggy-gaga

05 Apr 2012, 10:19

edited
Last edited by laggy-gaga on 06 Apr 2012, 05:59, edited 1 time in total.

laggy-gaga

05 Apr 2012, 11:32

edited
Last edited by laggy-gaga on 06 Apr 2012, 05:59, edited 1 time in total.

Topre Enthusiast

05 Apr 2012, 11:38

For some reason, I sang laggy's posts in my head as I read them.

Jim66

05 Apr 2012, 12:04

002 wrote:For some reason, I sang laggy's posts in my head as I read them.
I think that it reads more like a haiku.

Topre Enthusiast

05 Apr 2012, 12:16

Im sorry litster,
accept my apologize?,
it is all my fault.

laggy-gaga

05 Apr 2012, 12:39

Sry,
Bit pissed off and upset
My brain is not working ,

Btw, i posted a topic about the copyright of litster' case,
But the situation is a bit complex,
Mkc claims his case is not a copy,
I am asking him to post more detail about his case,
Photoes will be posted here later when i get home

laggy-gaga

05 Apr 2012, 12:52

pic of mkc shell
Attachments
WWE.jpg
WWE.jpg (109.19 KiB) Viewed 8507 times

laggy-gaga

05 Apr 2012, 13:21

here are two pics posted by mkc on 3 March
here is the link http://www.pcwaishe.cn/thread-301831-1-1.html
Attachments
2.jpg
2.jpg (85.79 KiB) Viewed 8499 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (90.65 KiB) Viewed 8499 times

laggy-gaga

05 Apr 2012, 13:46

i got two links
one is the GB organized by feng
he aldy claim mkc's cases will be diff from litster's design,
http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?29505-Pending
the other one is from kbdmania, posted on Aug 2011,
http://www.kbdmania.net/xe/index.php?mi ... rl=2886339

and I confirmed with the one borrowed my case,
he never gave it to MKC,
I guess all mkc got is taken from internet(I dont know this guy so I can only guess)

gimpster

05 Apr 2012, 16:23

Jim66 wrote:
002 wrote:For some reason, I sang laggy's posts in my head as I read them.
I think that it reads more like a haiku.
All your case are belong to us.

litster

06 Apr 2012, 03:44

laggy, I can't really make out what you are trying to say in your last few posts due to incomprehensible sentences. I get the part that you said you didn't do it on purpose, you apologized, and then later on you said MKC never had access to the case that I sent for you to China, implying MKC didn't copy my design. You also included a link to kbdmania's KMAC and noted the original date when those kbdmania pictures were posted, that I take it as you imply there is prior art. Unfortunately I see no resemblance to my design or MKC's design.

In any case, I think we can drop this. We have said enough.

laggy-gaga

06 Apr 2012, 04:51

yes, here is the whole story from very beginning,
I read the new from my iphone yesterday at 5pm,
with a poor internet speed and shit browser,and lack of communication,
At first I thought MKC copied the case from u, that case is the one u sent to China,
but after I got home and talked to my frd at 8pm,
he did ask MKC whether MKC may make a couple for him,
but he never gave the case to MKC,
then I contacted MKC around 10pm,
he sent me some images of his prototype he developed 2 months ago,
and also some links from korean,
http://www.kbdmania.net/xe/index.php?mi ... rl=2886339
which implys there was similar design on the web long time ago,
be honestly, he doesn't need Specification of ur case at all

anyhow,
I will buy 7 cases and send them out as samples,
I dont know MKC personally,
but I am still trying to prove that I did not use ur case for copying purpose.

"What I am not happy is laggy-gaga lied to my face when he bought the cases from me and made me sent the cases to China for duplication myself. You duped me."

laggy-gaga

06 Apr 2012, 05:04

I have said enough,
those people who will receive cases will write some review
all we want is awesome keyboard

webwit
Wild Duck

06 Apr 2012, 05:13

Damn. Now I want a..uhm..sample, but I don't have the litster case to uhm scientifically compare it to. :mrgreen: I better leave this to others.

But seriously, why not just send a case to litster? If it is inspired only, he can choose to still hate it or like it as having been an inspiration, but there's nothing he can do but enjoy one of those emotions. With the case and maybe some attribution somewhere ("partly inspired by litster's case etc.") you can try to push him to the second emotion.

laggy-gaga

06 Apr 2012, 05:23

I aldy asked him,
but he turned it down, I know he is still angry
to webwit, as can be seen in my early post,
I thought the same thing, at least MKC would claim his design was inspired by litster,
but after he sent me some pics,
I really dont think its possible,

the only problem is timing,

litster

06 Apr 2012, 05:39

Guys, I am not mad or angry. This whole thing just sounded goofy. A lot of back and forth, flip-flopping. What feng said and what laggy said don't match up. Who know what the 3rd person who was involved might say. It is actually pretty amusing and comical. Whatever happened, I really don't care. I said it a few times before, if cheaper cases can be had for everyone, great, go for it. I can't make it that cheap. I did consider releasing my drawings, but now I am going to at least wait. A few other people I work with might want to do something with the drawings.

I don't need another acrylic case. I have plenty of my own. And I really don't want my name to be associated with something that I played no part in.

laggy-gaga

06 Apr 2012, 05:53

"What I am not happy is laggy-gaga lied to my face when he bought the cases from me and made me sent the cases to China for duplication myself. You duped me."

I barely talk to feng,
so I dont know his story,
I am just telling mine

nfc

06 Apr 2012, 09:11

litster,
I was contemplating your pics in the first post of this topic...

I cannot just describe those setups, you presented, with a single adjective:
The "White/Blue with Gray/Pebble Caps"? Clean, Sober, Traditional. Remembers to me the SpaceSaver but with a trend note.
The "Black/Red with Black/RGB Caps"? Tradition and Nostalgia (Amstrad CPC).
The "Black/Red case"? Simply EVIL.

And I find that YOUR acrylic case "White/Blue with Gray/Brown keycaps + red ESC" is simply... PERTURBING!
A blend of 80's retro and modern style with a current fashion color choices (seems that brown is returning directly from 70's). I like those exagon black screw heads.

Even if I know I'll never afford it, I'm so tempted.

Do not care about "interferences" please just go on, make it for all the other people that receive joy from your work.

Bravo!

litster

06 Apr 2012, 10:45

Sorry I can't help myself. This is kind of fun:

http://www.pcwaishe.cn/forum.php?mod=vi ... 402&page=1

过后几个礼拜河马问我规格,想自己山寨
我说要么你借我朋友那套吧
很好
过后几天mkc"研发"了透明外壳
问过河马,他说他的确告诉过mkc尺寸规格

Translation:
After a few weeks, Hippo asked me about the measurements, thinking to make copies.
I said if you want you can borrow the case from my friend
very well
a few days later, mkc "developed" a new clear acrylic case
I asked Hippo, he said he did indeed told mkc the measurements and specifications

好了,大疯同学搞了个团购,原创者一看这必须是我干的
我本意的确是想弄个便宜的透明外壳,
河马也肯定是这么打算
但是我不知mkc是怎么个考虑
尺寸到手直接考虑量产?

More translation:
So, 大疯(feng?) started a group buy, original creator immediately realized it must be caused by me
My original idea really was to create a cheap transparent case
Hippo also for sure is thinking about to do the same
but I don't know what mkc is planning to do
with measurement in hand, maybe thinking to mass produce?

laggy-gaga

06 Apr 2012, 11:03

actually it is the truth of the story,
remember feng said sth about three people want to make clear cases for themselves,
and I was confused by ur:"three people have my cases so that is for sure one of these three gave the case to MKC so MKC can copy it"

after I talked to feng and figure out:
these three people are: me, feng, hippo,
and there is only one case which is from me.
hippo borrowed it from my frd, and wanted to make two clear cases, but I didnot know that feng is also involved,
that is why he said: three people want to make clear cases for themselves,
and he didnot know hippo asked MKC to make them,
that is why when MKC asked him to organize a groub buy and he said yes,
u really think if feng knows that from beginning, is he that stupid to organize that group buy?
then hold that groub buy after he read this topic?

so b4 I can contact feng and hippo, I thought MKC must get the specification from hippo so he can mass produce.
that is why I asked for ur forgiviness, because it is my fault that let MKC get those data, even I didnot know anything about it.

and that is also why feng apologized to u and hold that group buy, because he thought Hippo gave the case to MKC,and MKC's product is just a copy of ur design

to make it clear,
I gave the case to hippo,
but I didnot know he asked MKC to make some,I thought he can do that by himself,
I didnot know feng wanted a copy as well,
most important, hippo never gave the case to MKC

after all, u should translate the whole topic on pcwaishe and get that:
MKC launched his case project since February,
and MKC doesnot need ur case specification for manufacturing,
yes, the bottom makes u think he copied ur work,
but actually it is the only way to accommodate cable,
should MKC say sorry about it?
Last edited by laggy-gaga on 06 Apr 2012, 11:49, edited 1 time in total.

laggy-gaga

06 Apr 2012, 11:30

check the timeline
I post it via iphone at 5pm
未命名.jpg
未命名.jpg (42.13 KiB) Viewed 8347 times
then I edited and closed it around 9pm as soon as I know the truth, and also apologized to MKC even without his reply
本帖最后由 强大的t-back 于 2012-4-5 21:06 编辑
本主题由 ququfeijian 于 2012-4-5 21:03 关闭

u can use google tranlator to read the whole topic

I did everthing I can do to claim ur honor,
but u r still saying that :
What I am not happy is laggy-gaga lied to my face when he bought the cases from me and made me sent the cases to China for duplication myself. You duped me. And you feng, the more you say, the more I can see you are still lying to me and to the rest of the community. Before you say you are not lying, you should go back to re-read what you wrote.

go to read mine and feng's reply

u will know everything
but r u srsly saying that MKC is just copying ur work with this pic?
WWE.jpg
WWE.jpg (109.19 KiB) Viewed 8347 times
Attachments
2.jpg
2.jpg (129.79 KiB) Viewed 8347 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (79.15 KiB) Viewed 8347 times

laggy-gaga

06 Apr 2012, 11:34

its 2am in USA,
go back to sleep,
litster, I aldy cancelled my easter trip last night so I got plenty of time to deal with it

Return to “Group buys”