[GB] F62+F77 orders now open! New Kishsaver+Industrial Model F Keyboards

Yep sp33ls. Thanks everyone for the reference color recommendations.
Last edited by Ellipse on 16 Jan 2018, 14:16, edited 1 time in total.
Ellipse

Unread post13 Jan 2018, 01:11

X
Ellipse

Main keyboard: Brand New Model F F77 Keyboard
Club member: -

The very first one-piece keys just came out of the new injection molds!

Here is a video of the injection mold in action! Everything is so automated. All other keys also finished; will post photos later this week.

I will receive the samples from the factory later this month for evaluation.

Ellipse

Unread post16 Jan 2018, 14:12

X
Ellipse

Ellipse wrote:The very first one-piece keys just came out of the new injection molds!

Here is a video of the injection mold in action! Everything is so automated. All other keys also finished; will post photos later this week.

Had no idea that they are producing only 8 keys a shot. Not complaining in any way here but will they in fact produce enough in 3 to 4 months time?

We all have to look after our keys here because this won't happen again ever, once this whole manufacturing process finishes.
Elrick

Unread post19 Jan 2018, 09:24

X
Elrick

Main keyboard: WASD
Main mouse: G400
Favorite switch: Green MX, ALPs, Model-M

Elrick wrote:
Ellipse wrote:The very first one-piece keys just came out of the new injection molds!

Had no idea that they are producing only 8 keys a shot. Not complaining in any way here but will they in fact produce enough in 3 to 4 months time?

We all have to look after our keys here because this won't happen again ever, once this whole manufacturing process finishes.

No need to worry if the quality truly is as good as the original keycaps. My XTs caps still look brand new and that's a 33 year old board that saw heavy use.
FXT

Unread post19 Jan 2018, 09:34

X
FXT

Main keyboard: Model F XT
Main mouse: Steelseries Rival
Favorite switch: Buckling springs

Elrick wrote:We all have to look after our keys here because this won't happen again ever, once this whole manufacturing process finishes.

So you think they are going through the trouble of making stainless steel injection molds and then use them for a single production batch?

:lol:

That's a money printing machine!!!
Wodan
ISO Advocate

Unread post19 Jan 2018, 09:38

X
Wodan
ISO Advocate

Main keyboard: Random
Main mouse: Logitech G502
Favorite switch: ALL OF THEM

Sorry but I'm going to have to quote a fellow DT member here out of context:

Not gonna touch that one...even with someone else's twenty foot pole.
seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

Unread post19 Jan 2018, 09:41

X
seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

Main keyboard: Rotation
Main mouse: Steelseries Sensei
Favorite switch: IBM capacitive buckling spring
Club member: 0061

Is there still going to be a second order, or has everything merged into one large at this point? I still have the idea in my head that this is early bird round...

I wanted to wait to get my F60 before pulling the trigger on an F77 and compact cases, but is this too late?
segacontroller

Unread post19 Jan 2018, 13:20

X
segacontroller

Main keyboard: f660m/fc210tp/pok3r
Main mouse: Elecom M-XT1DRBK
Favorite switch: clicky tactile

I'm still operating on the assumption that there will be another round. I want to see user reviews of the boards and keycaps before I commit.
Techno Trousers
100,000,000 actuations

Unread post19 Jan 2018, 21:20

X
Techno Trousers
100,000,000 actuations

Main keyboard: IBM Model F-122
Main mouse: Mionix Naos
Favorite switch: Capacitive Buckling Spring (Model F)
Club member: 0159

Yeah, me too. I already ordered an F62. Waiting for next round to order an F77, if my F62 lives up to IBM’s Model F legend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
enrique.aliaga

Unread post19 Jan 2018, 21:27

X
enrique.aliaga

Main keyboard: Constantly switching
Main mouse: Apple Magic Mouse
Favorite switch: Topre 55g

IBM Model M 1390131 (06JAN87) | IBM Model M SSK (07-28-1992) | Apple Extended Keyboard M0115 | Apple Standard Keyboard M0116 | Northgate OmniKey Plus | SIIG MiniTouch | Happy Hacking Keyboard Professional 2 | Realforce 87UD55 10th Anniversary | Matias Mini Tactile Pro | Unicomp UNIX SpaceSaver | Unicomp Spacesaver M for Mac | CMStorm Quick Fire Rapid
Yep confirmed there will be one more round once the early bird round production is finished. We are still in the early bird round.

I plan on sending out some loaner units to professional tech reviewers after the first round production keyboards are done. If anyone has any contacts or recommendations that you haven't mentioned beforehand please PM me. From everyone who appreciates buckling spring keyboards, prof. or not, I'd like as many thorough reviews as possible!
Ellipse

Unread postYesterday, 05:24

X
Ellipse

I'm not a fan of LinusTechTips but it might make sense to send him a review unit for all the publicity. On the other hand I feel like his audience might not appreciate something as nice as a Model F because it's not "gamer" enough.
FXT

Unread postYesterday, 15:19

X
FXT

Main keyboard: Model F XT
Main mouse: Steelseries Rival
Favorite switch: Buckling springs

FXT wrote:I'm not a fan of LinusTechTips but it might make sense to send him a review unit for all the publicity. On the other hand I feel like his audience might not appreciate something as nice as a Model F because it's not "gamer" enough.

I wouldn't be so sure, Linus has mentioned his love for Model M's in a video before. He may appreciate a Model F even more so.
wobbled

Unread postYesterday, 15:22

X
wobbled

Main keyboard: IBM Model M Industrial SSK & HHKB
Main mouse: Master MX & Apple trackpad 2
Favorite switch: Capacitive Buckling Spring
Club member: 0192

Linus has a big audience but is more neutral on clicky mechanical keyboards. Personally I would think LGR would be the perfect person to send one to, he is big into model m keyboards and has a ton of old and new computer peripherals which he as reviewed.
codemonkeymike

Unread postYesterday, 16:06

X
codemonkeymike

Main keyboard: Ergodox
Main mouse: Razer Naga
Favorite switch: Cherry MX Brown

I'm sure Norm (and certainly Patrick) over on Tested would love a review unit, though I imagine that you'd have to pay a lot for an on-camera review / exposure.
Scarpia

Unread postYesterday, 16:45

X
Scarpia

Main keyboard: SSK / RK RC930-87
Main mouse: Logitech MX Anywhere 2
Favorite switch: Topre, Alps SKCM Brown

Yah, I second the idea of sending one to LGR. I think his audience is more likely to appreciate something as great as a Model F.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
enrique.aliaga

Unread postYesterday, 18:54

X
enrique.aliaga

Main keyboard: Constantly switching
Main mouse: Apple Magic Mouse
Favorite switch: Topre 55g

IBM Model M 1390131 (06JAN87) | IBM Model M SSK (07-28-1992) | Apple Extended Keyboard M0115 | Apple Standard Keyboard M0116 | Northgate OmniKey Plus | SIIG MiniTouch | Happy Hacking Keyboard Professional 2 | Realforce 87UD55 10th Anniversary | Matias Mini Tactile Pro | Unicomp UNIX SpaceSaver | Unicomp Spacesaver M for Mac | CMStorm Quick Fire Rapid
This is bit out of left field but, AvE might be worth considering. He is fanatical about high end injection moulding and tools made to last. If this gets uncle bumblefuck's blessing, you are going to get a whole new population of recruits...
consolation

Unread postToday, 04:42

X
consolation

Main keyboard: Norbatouch
Main mouse: deathadder 3.5g
Favorite switch: If I had to pick ONE switch only - orange Alps

Scarpia wrote:I'm sure Norm (and certainly Patrick) over on Tested would love a review unit, though I imagine that you'd have to pay a lot for an on-camera review / exposure.

No need to pay any felcher here, to review his keyboard.

Hate bludging parasites that want money to post reviews, that is where these sleeve-holes earn a living by being paid to promote anything, hence is it really worth wasting valuable money on what these turd-eaters think?

I say, NO way Jose :evil: .
Elrick

Unread postToday, 05:31

X
Elrick

Main keyboard: WASD
Main mouse: G400
Favorite switch: Green MX, ALPs, Model-M

Previous