Round 5 and Round 6 kits for sale!

caligo

28 Jan 2018, 10:36

mecano wrote:
caligo wrote: armchair quarterbacking handballing
Fixed :mrgreen:
I don't really watch any sports except the ones where you're allowed to punch people in the face, so I wouldn't know. :D

But the proper metaphor would probably be armchair 7bot-ing, if we're really going down that road:

mecano

28 Jan 2018, 14:50

And I thought they were kidding with Goldorak Grendizer!

Compgeke

28 Jan 2018, 21:20

7bit wrote: Packing the next orders will go faster as stocks shrink down.
:-)
Ooooh, maybe Secret Santa will be included soon! :)

LastBrat

29 Jan 2018, 21:02

Compgeke wrote: Ooooh, maybe Secret Santa will be included soon! :)
Christmas 2018... hopefully :|

Luna
Alt255

29 Jan 2018, 21:04

Hi everyone!
I just joined the forum and was looking for a new member thread to introduce myself but haven't found any (yet).
So I'll keep my mini-introduction brief here. I have a decades long history with computers and have always been picky with keyboards and layouts even when I wasn't a collector. Then I started to try out some more keyboards and sold them to buy new ones. Now I am collecting them as well as mice.
I have a few RGB ones at the moment which I know won't bee too popular around here: (Topre Realforce RGB, K95 Platinum, K63 wireless, G810 and G-Pro and even a silly K830.
What's more intesting is that I have quite a few incoming, some I ordered a long time ago through kickstarters and the likes, others recently from around the web: Ultimate Hacking Keyboard (clears), F77 HHKB layout, FC660CW, 3ACE (blacks) and POK3R (reds). Yep, expensive but I recently had to quit another hobby due to a hernia problem and selling all that stuff gave me some cash for a new hobby.

So for some of these new keyboards I will be looking for some modifications of course. In the beginning that will be reconfiguring the layout with software and new keycaps. Which is why I am posting in this thread, I have identified the keycaps in the picture below as Round 5s and would like to know where I can still find Round 5s or 6s that with a similar shape, profile and color scheme.

The picture is from @ryanjun on this forum. I hope someone can point me to where I can still find something similar, be it a shop, forum sale or still some set from the group buy here.

Thank you for reading!

23017.jpg
23017.jpg (364.35 KiB) Viewed 5244 times

zslane

29 Jan 2018, 22:05

According to the wiki, the white alphas are apparently still available as Round 6 leftovers. However, I believe everything else that it takes to fill out that board as shown is all sold out at the moment. There may be some more kits available in the future though, after all the initial orders are fulfilled and 7bit is able to determine how many of his extra kits he no longer needs to fix people's orders and can be freed up as new leftovers.

Luna
Alt255

29 Jan 2018, 22:19

zslane wrote: According to the wiki, the white alphas are apparently still available as Round 6 leftovers. However, I believe everything else that it takes to fill out that board as shown is all sold out at the moment. There may be some more kits available in the future though, after all the initial orders are fulfilled and 7bit is able to determine how many of his extra kits he no longer needs to fix people's orders and can be freed up as new leftovers.

That’s fantastic info, thank you zslane!
How would I go about signing up for a chance at a leftover full kit?
Can’t help but admire everything about this set.

Menuhin

29 Jan 2018, 23:07

Luna wrote:
zslane wrote: According to the wiki, the white alphas are apparently still available as Round 6 leftovers. However, I believe everything else that it takes to fill out that board as shown is all sold out at the moment. There may be some more kits available in the future though, after all the initial orders are fulfilled and 7bit is able to determine how many of his extra kits he no longer needs to fix people's orders and can be freed up as new leftovers.

That’s fantastic info, thank you zslane!
How would I go about signing up for a chance at a leftover full kit?
Can’t help but admire everything about this set.
There is nothing like "signing up".

Here is how to order.
wiki/Round_5#How_to_order
Basically it is looking through the available kits and then sending messages to "7bot" on this forum so you will receive an invoice that you need to fulfil.

These are available and ready to ship:
wiki/R6_leftovers
wiki/R5_leftovers

This is the future - Round 7, but it is not communicated that it is definitely going to be manufactured yet. Perhaps in 2019 or 2020 after most people paid:
http://www.7bit.info/algol/index.html

After you've paid for the invoice the bot, i.e. 7bot has sent you. Then you wait.
That is it.
Ordering from the leftovers guarantees you the shortest waiting time - compared to most of us.

Anything that is not on the leftover lists or on the Round 7 list are not available and you cannot order anything related to that.
Last edited by Menuhin on 29 Jan 2018, 23:09, edited 1 time in total.

zslane

29 Jan 2018, 23:08

Unfortunately, you have to just keep checking the leftovers wiki wiki/R6_leftovers periodically to see if any of the kits you need appear again. Watching this thread is another good thing to do since 7bit will sometimes tell us when he has updated the wiki with newly available leftovers.

Luna
Alt255

29 Jan 2018, 23:38

Quite the list!
I'll have to wade through and see what I can use. Going to be a nice project. :)

But how would one get notified of a full leftover set of round 6? A post in this thread?
And the same for getting news about the start of round 7?
I like the idea of dark gray on cream/cream on drak gray I must say.

Menuhin

29 Jan 2018, 23:52

Luna wrote: Quite the list!
I'll have to wade through and see what I can use. Going to be a nice project. :)

But how would one get notified of a full leftover set of round 6? A post in this thread?
And the same for getting news about the start of round 7?
I like the idea of dark gray on cream/cream on drak gray I must say.
The runner of this GB - 7bit is famous for running the longest GB in this universe.

There is only 2 ways to get a perfect set that you want:
1. Money - post a WTB / classified post in DT/GH/MM with a lucrative offer. There are collectors who have them just sitting in their drawers.
2. Patience - ordering from the beginning of a round, and then waiting for it to materialize and then eventually be delivered. Or checking every day and waiting for a classified post with such a set to eventually pop-up, there is definitely a >0% chance such will eventually appear, actually there sets like that appeared at least 2-3 times last year with a higher but still reasonable price.

News about Round 7 will eventually be announced here on this forum, I expect some time after most of the businesses related to Round 6 have been finished.

Luna
Alt255

30 Jan 2018, 00:03

Thank you for the info zslane and Menuhin!

I think I'll try option 1 when I get my keyboards. I'll wade through the available options first and see if there are different profiles as well. It would be to use with the 3ACE although I see in round 7 there are RGB sets mentioned as well that could be used with the POK3R.

It'll cost more than the keyboard I see. I saw prices of $250 for a full set of round 7 if I'm correct.
Ah well, a bit at a time! ;)

m0ka

30 Jan 2018, 01:20

it's possible that a cadet alphas set appear on the leftovers or i'm dreaming too much?

zslane

30 Jan 2018, 01:52

There is no truly reliable notification mechanism for the leftovers wiki. 7bit does not always announce (in this thread) when he has updated it. You pretty much have to watch it like a hawk yourself.

There is a whole other thread dedicated to Round 7. I suggest keeping track of that thread if you are interested in Round 7 keycaps.

Luna
Alt255

30 Jan 2018, 03:34

Thanks!
Found the thread and subscribed. Will dig in to what I need tomorrow. Will be some mix and match for what I want.
As far as I can see they are all the same profile set?

Griffy

30 Jan 2018, 13:09

Could be important information that if r7 will be made - you might have to wait until 2021 to get the caps.
Last edited by Griffy on 30 Jan 2018, 13:53, edited 1 time in total.

andrewjoy

30 Jan 2018, 13:14

https://imgur.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/yx1SP i am guessing this is not a kit and there are not enough leftovers to make it :(

Luna
Alt255

30 Jan 2018, 13:15

It is important indeed and it was mentiond before whih puzzles me a bit since the thread for Round 7 says the deadline was 2017-05-31. How does that come? Have there already been unexpected delays?
And should I figure out what to order already if it's not coming for so long? Or are stocks going to be sold out long before that?

Or indeed post a WTB for a Round 5. What I would need is actually the keys for a Race3, white or beige alphas, gray modifiers and maybe a red escape, blue return and violet arrows. Hard to find this configuration?

Griffy

30 Jan 2018, 13:56

Luna wrote: It is important indeed and it was mentiond before whih puzzles me a bit since the thread for Round 7 says the deadline was 2017-05-31. How does that come? Have there already been unexpected delays?
And should I figure out what to order already if it's not coming for so long? Or are stocks going to be sold out long before that?

Or indeed post a WTB for a Round 5. What I would need is actually the keys for a Race3, white or beige alphas, gray modifiers and maybe a red escape, blue return and violet arrows. Hard to find this configuration?
There was a major delay for r6 and that kinda obliterated all dates for r7 and put it into limbo. I guess there is no update since there is no gameplan other then that 7bit and alot others really want it, so i think just checking in from time to time is the best course of action now.

Luna
Alt255

30 Jan 2018, 13:58

Thanks, will do so!
Meanwhile I made a WTB post.

lukenukum

30 Jan 2018, 14:02

Luna wrote: Thanks!
Found the thread and subscribed. Will dig in to what I need tomorrow. Will be some mix and match for what I want.
As far as I can see they are all the same profile set?
ESCAPE WHILE YOU STILL CAN! don't go down the rabbit hole! :shock:

Menuhin

30 Jan 2018, 14:03

Luna wrote: It is important indeed and it was mentiond before whih puzzles me a bit since the thread for Round 7 says the deadline was 2017-05-31. How does that come? Have there already been unexpected delays?

Round 7 has not yet materialized: not enough buyers cumulated yet, and extra funding has to deal with Round 6 now that has some funding issue to ship orders out.
Some people joint Round 6 have been waiting for more than 2 years, and some of the prolonged waiting is unexpected.
There is a chance the fixed number of certain popular kits be raised just before production in SP and some people can place their order again right before the production.

When you post WTB, the offer in the post should be like you don't care about money and just want the cap, and pop the eyes of the keycap sets owners. Otherwise, many of them are indeed themselves not caring too much about money and would rather hang onto their collection.

You can take a look at the Cappening threads to see how people get creative with limited caps availability:
photos-f62/round-6-the-cappening-t15386.html
photos-f62/round-5-the-cappening-t10938.html

Luna
Alt255

30 Jan 2018, 14:40

Yeah, I know how it works. I'm a big fan of Kickstarter, Crowd Supply, Massdrop and other preorders. My patience has been trained. ;)

Thanks for the links to the cappening threads. Might get some ideas or even more lust. :)

Luna
Alt255

30 Jan 2018, 14:43

Actually, what is the brand of that 68 board by @ryanjun I posted a pic of?

taek

30 Jan 2018, 15:51

:evilgeek:
SHIPNOW
SHIPNOW
SHIPNOW.JPG (97.93 KiB) Viewed 4954 times

NMassa

31 Jan 2018, 13:51

Luna wrote: Hi everyone!
I just joined the forum and was looking for a new member thread to introduce myself but haven't found any (yet).
So I'll keep my mini-introduction brief here. I have a decades long history with computers and have always been picky with keyboards and layouts even when I wasn't a collector. Then I started to try out some more keyboards and sold them to buy new ones. Now I am collecting them as well as mice.
I have a few RGB ones at the moment which I know won't bee too popular around here: (Topre Realforce RGB, K95 Platinum, K63 wireless, G810 and G-Pro and even a silly K830.
What's more intesting is that I have quite a few incoming, some I ordered a long time ago through kickstarters and the likes, others recently from around the web: Ultimate Hacking Keyboard (clears), F77 HHKB layout, FC660CW, 3ACE (blacks) and POK3R (reds). Yep, expensive but I recently had to quit another hobby due to a hernia problem and selling all that stuff gave me some cash for a new hobby.

So for some of these new keyboards I will be looking for some modifications of course. In the beginning that will be reconfiguring the layout with software and new keycaps. Which is why I am posting in this thread, I have identified the keycaps in the picture below as Round 5s and would like to know where I can still find Round 5s or 6s that with a similar shape, profile and color scheme.

The picture is from @ryanjun on this forum. I hope someone can point me to where I can still find something similar, be it a shop, forum sale or still some set from the group buy here.

Thank you for reading!

23017.jpg
If you don't stick to SP, I recommend Maxkey Ashen.
It is realistic alternative to get a full kit.
They are out of stock right now, I think It will be in stock in the near future.

Menuhin

31 Jan 2018, 14:09

NMassa wrote: ...
If you don't stick to SP, I recommend Maxkey Ashen.
+1

Many of the people in the community are collectors or alike, and are not willing to part with their collections.

Imagine you wait for 9 months and then eventually found a post, but you're just half a day, or a few hours, or even just a few minutes late to send your message to the poster, and then it is gone.

If you are wealthy or willing to sell your kidneys, perhaps a WTB post like $700 or $1000 for the set will then start to attract a bit of attention, with $2000 perhaps you can get it in about 2 weeks. It's normal that the set is already in the 300€ range or probably even more range. Because it is made only in a few productions and perhaps there is no further production between the German-American romance between 7bit and Melissa of Signature Plastic turned sour a little bit in 2016 and could not yet result in a nice baby.

Luna
Alt255

31 Jan 2018, 15:38

NMassa wrote: If you don't stick to SP, I recommend Maxkey Ashen.
It is realistic alternative to get a full kit.
They are out of stock right now, I think It will be in stock in the near future.
Sorry guys but I'm rather new at this. Hence a few questions.
What exactly is the difference between SP and SA? I thought SP was a company and SA a profile.
Nice tip, these look awesome. I gave my email for notification. Thanks!
Menuhin wrote: Many of the people in the community are collectors or alike, and are not willing to part with their collections.
Imagine you wait for 9 months and then eventually found a post, but you're just half a day, or a few hours, or even just a few minutes late to send your message to the poster, and then it is gone.
If you are wealthy or willing to sell your kidneys, perhaps a WTB post like $700 or $1000 for the set will then start to attract a bit of attention, with $2000 perhaps you can get it in about 2 weeks. It's normal that the set is already in the 300€ range or probably even more range. Because it is made only in a few productions and perhaps there is no further production between the German-American romance between 7bit and Melissa of Signature Plastic turned sour a little bit in 2016 and could not yet result in a nice baby.
I understand about collectors and collectibles can indeed increase quite a bit in value over time.
But 2K isn't really what I had in mind for these beautiful keycaps. Kidneys it is then. Not mine but how many does it take? Do they need to be fresh or is a bit of decay fine as well? :mrgreen:

Menuhin

31 Jan 2018, 16:41

Kidneys, from
the U.S. - $262,900
China –$ 62,000
India – $15,000
These should be black market prices. So better find a buyer in the U.S. for the future of your keyboard hobby. :ugeek:

Luna
Alt255

31 Jan 2018, 16:47

I’m thinking of making it a group buy, US only. ;)

Return to “Group buys”