DSA Dolch MOD YBP ISO ESC & NOR caps (SOLD OUT)

mangaeva

19 Sep 2015, 20:08

Aaand we are officially SOLD OUT! I do have an additional set for myself left which I plan to do some other project with in the future (side printing for ALT functions), so all the sets I was originally planning to sell are gone. I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone participating, no matter if you bought the keycaps or not. I was happy to create something that so many of you have enjoyed as well. :) Thank you for making this a success~

Dear all,

They say third time is the charm and this seems to be the case here.
After I have been properly enlightened about the price of the set which I wanted to make before, I had to make some changes to keep myself in the price bracket I set up for myself. First I went down to 5 keycaps but I really liked the Broken circle arrow key so I asked SP to give me a price that included this keycap as well.

This resulted in the following doubleshot keycaps to be included in the MOD:

-YBP color ESC key
-YBP color ~` key
-YBP color Broken circle arrow key
-GE color Å (Norwegian / Danish)
-GE color Ø (Norwegian / Danish)
-GE color Æ (Norwegian / Danish)

(I am really sorry my Swedish comrades)

PRICE AND SHIPPING

Even though production per set costs 18.3 USD, I am selling the sets with a 14.5 USD/set price.

I have asked SP if shipping to individual addresses would be possible, but sadly it's not an option.
The produced keycaps are going to be sent to Hungary (my parents are helping out in this. Love'em!) as shipping worldwide is cheaper from there.

Shipping cost for everyone, all around world, is 3,5 USD. It's going to be priority mail.

THE DEAL

My goal with this thread is to promote the set, gain potential buyers who are interested in hopping on the wagon with me, thus lightening the blow on my own wallet since the difference to other usual group buys is that I am paying for the full production upfront. No-one has to wait for the 23 people to be gathered for the set to be realized/go under production.

So incase you are interested, please let me know via a comment or PM and I am going to include you in the list below.
I am grateful for anyone who is willing to join. :) I would be happy if I could get together 8 people this time around as well.

SOLD OUT!

1. romevi (paid)(sent)
2. nobodyknowsmyname (paid)(sent)
3. t8c
5. esteban (geekhack) (paid)(sent)
5. bluesoul (paid)(sent)
6. rrrsss
7. lifeinvader (paid)(sent)
8. orcinus (geekhack) (paid)(sent)
9. bosper (paid)(sent)
10. jsxo (paid)(sent)
11. ocodo (paid)(sent)
12. kasajack (reddit) (paid)(sent)
13. xondat (reddit) (paid)(sent)
14. nicholasferber (reddit) (paid)(sent)
(and so on and so on :) )

PRODUCTION AND SHIPPING OF YOUR ORDER

Production is finished (Photo of the 6 keys is added below) and the caps are being shipped to Hungary on the 26th of October. Going to take ca. 1-2 weeks to arrive to my parents house and then my Mom (I love her to bits) going to help me to ship out the keycaps to you all.

Current status: Under Customs in Hungary

FUN FACTS

As it turns out even though Scandinavian legends and the Broken circle arrow symbol has been used on other sets before, Those were produced via another method so the molds for these characters are nonexistent right now. Hence the higher price per keycap. I found this interesting as one would have thought at least the Scandinavian keycaps molds exist.

(I have also updated the promo image a little bit)

PREVIOUSLY

You can read more about the previous set here which was sadly canceled due to the need to reduce the number of keycaps in the set:
http://deskthority.net/group-buys-f50/d ... t9648.html
DSA Dolch Mod yellow.png
DSA Dolch Mod yellow.png (412.02 KiB) Viewed 20656 times
IMG_20151128_122420.jpg
IMG_20151128_122420.jpg (178.03 KiB) Viewed 18001 times
IMG_20151128_122626.jpg
IMG_20151128_122626.jpg (238.71 KiB) Viewed 18001 times
IMG_20151128_123655.jpg
IMG_20151128_123655.jpg (223.88 KiB) Viewed 18001 times
IMG_20151128_131220.jpg
IMG_20151128_131220.jpg (385.96 KiB) Viewed 18001 times
rsz_dsc01556.jpg
rsz_dsc01556.jpg (318.16 KiB) Viewed 18193 times
Last edited by mangaeva on 03 Apr 2016, 11:39, edited 41 times in total.

zslane

19 Sep 2015, 20:27

Those yellow caps are tasty, but it was the 1.75u FN key that sealed the deal for me last time. So bummed. Oh well, good luck mangaeva!

mangaeva

19 Sep 2015, 20:32

zslane wrote: Those yellow caps are tasty, but it was the 1.75u FN key that sealed the deal for me last time. So bummed. Oh well, good luck mangaeva!
Thank you very much and I am sorry! It's a bumm indeed. I am going to buy some different colored blank keys for my FN keys instead, to keep it uniform. :)

t8c

20 Sep 2015, 13:40

No chance for the 7 and 8 number keys?

mangaeva

20 Sep 2015, 13:50

t8c wrote: No chance for the 7 and 8 number keys?
Sadly no. The set is already above the price I originally planned with. That's the highest I can go without making it more expensive for everyone. I am sorry :(

t8c

20 Sep 2015, 15:27

mangaeva wrote:
Sadly no. The set is already above the price I originally planned with. That's the highest I can go without making it more expensive for everyone. I am sorry :(
Damn it. I wish we could learn to make ABS/PBT caps on our own!!

mangaeva

20 Sep 2015, 15:30

t8c wrote:
mangaeva wrote:
Damn it. I wish we could learn to make ABS/PBT caps on our own!!
I think the equipment would probably be still quite expensive. I have seen some DIY keycaps on the net somewhere but they didn't come close to the quality SP delivers. One day maybe~

nobodyknowsmyname

21 Sep 2015, 11:13

I'm in. Where do I send payment?

mangaeva

21 Sep 2015, 11:24

nobodyknowsmyname wrote: I'm in. Where do I send payment?
Hey "nobodyknowsmyname" (that's a long one). Thank you so much! I have sent the order request to SP yesterday. They going to come back to me today and I am also going to call them up. Once I receive a confirmed production date and I payed for it too, I am going to PM you with my Paypal address. Does this sound OK? I also don't mind waiting with the payments until we are closer to the production actually being finished. :) Regarding shipment, I am going to ask SP if they can ship to customers directly, but in case they can't, I am shipping everything (I pay for that) to Hungary to my parents (Have already discussed my plans with them) since sending mail worldwide from there is so much cheaper compared to Norway. It's going to be the same or might even be cheaper than what SP would ask for shipping. :) I hope this was sufficient info for now~

nobodyknowsmyname

22 Sep 2015, 07:11

Sounds good.

mangaeva

22 Sep 2015, 08:28

GOOD NEWS AND UPDATES

Good News everyone! The production has been paid for. Expected lead time 6 weeks.
The keycaps has to be shipped to Hungary first as individual shipping is not possible to everyone from SP, however since shipping is cheaper from Hungary than Norway, the shipping cost for everyone all around the World is 3,5 USD.

I have updated the "PRICE AND SHIPPING" and "PRODUCTION AND SHIPPING OF YOUR ORDER" sections at the beginning of the thread. You can find more information there.

If you have any questions, don't hold yourself back. :)

mangaeva

23 Sep 2015, 08:03

Updated the title with the date when the production is hopefully finished. Man it's hard to get everything into the character limit :)

kbdfr
The Tiproman

23 Sep 2015, 08:16

mangaeva wrote: Updated the title with the date when the production is hopefully finished. Man it's hard to get everything into the character limit :)
That's quite a full line indeed:
DSA Dolch MOD YBP ESC and NOR keycaps (Looking for 6)(prod:02.11.2015)
How about replacing and with & or + and keycaps with caps to start with? :mrgreen:

mangaeva

23 Sep 2015, 08:19

kbdfr wrote: That's quite a full line indeed:
DSA Dolch MOD YBP ESC and NOR keycaps (Looking for 6)(prod:02.11.2015)
How about replacing and with & or + and keycaps with caps to start with? :mrgreen:
Genius~ Thank you! So simple, yet it didn't even cross my mind! this allows me to add "ISO" to the title. :D

t8c

23 Sep 2015, 09:44

Okey I'm in!

mangaeva

23 Sep 2015, 09:47

t8c wrote: Okey I'm in!
Thank you so much t8c! I am adding you to the list :) I was thinking of asking payments only after the production is actually finished, just to be entirely sure you are paying for something that actually exists. So you don't have to worry about that for now. Is that ok with you?

t8c

23 Sep 2015, 09:52

Sounds great!

mangaeva

24 Sep 2015, 21:00

Just bought the TEX Aluminum CNC 60% Keyboard Case from Massdrop in Silver. It's going to look sooooo amazing. Last investment is going to be some brown braided USB cable and then my keyboard is complete. :)

guk
1896 Vintage Reds

24 Sep 2015, 21:31

The profit MD is drawing with those is admireable. They're like 50$ on taobao before quantity discounts.

mangaeva

24 Sep 2015, 22:02

guk wrote: The profit MD is drawing with those is admireable. They're like 50$ on taobao before quantity discounts.
No doubt they are making profit on these things. Noone works for free, hence making custom keycaps isn't cheap either. Another thing is that I don't understand Chinese so my options in finding deals are limited. :) I rather think about "How awesome is that I was able to get my hands on this." instead of "How dare them make a lot of money!". I always try to find the best deal I am able to find. That's how much one can do in saving some money~

mangaeva

28 Sep 2015, 19:01

Anyone else interested? :)

wbwwbw1

02 Oct 2015, 09:02

I think if you can offer some keys with nice pattern as a theme set, it will be better shipping fee is very good, if the keycaps are more interesting, i must buy!

mangaeva

02 Oct 2015, 09:08

wbwwbw1 wrote: I think if you can offer some keys with nice pattern as a theme set, it will be better shipping fee is very good, if the keycaps are more interesting, i must buy!
I am sorry wbwwbw1 but this was all I could do :( . 6 keycaps were already over my planned budget. I was starting this project with high hopes because of a miscommunication of price back in January from SP. I had to readjust my plans accordingly, so 6 keycaps were the ones I had to work with. The production is already paid for (as stated in the title and introduction text) so what you see is what you get. Not to mention if there were more keys, the price would be even higher. Because of the doubleshot process, each new symbol they have to make a mold for costs a lot. In this set, 4 out of the 6 needed new molds to be made.

bluesoul

04 Oct 2015, 11:29

i'm interested, how could i get those pretty?

mangaeva

04 Oct 2015, 11:39

bluesoul wrote: i'm interested, how could i get those pretty?
Hei bluesoul~ Thank you so much for the interest! I add you to my list in the thread, however i didn't ask anyone to pay yet as I want to make sure production is done first, which is going to be finished on the 2nd of November. Once you the keycaps arrive to Hungary and you have paid for them, they going to be on their way to you. :) Does this sound OK?

bluesoul

04 Oct 2015, 12:13

mangaeva wrote:
Hei bluesoul~ Thank you so much for the interest! I add you to my list in the thread, however i didn't ask anyone to pay yet as I want to make sure production is done first, which is going to be finished on the 2nd of November. Once you the keycaps arrive to Hungary and you have paid for them, they going to be on their way to you. :) Does this sound OK?
wow, sounds great! :lol:

mangaeva

04 Oct 2015, 12:16

bluesoul wrote:
mangaeva wrote:
wow, sounds great! :lol:
Thank you~ I am going to let you know once there is news from SP :D

mangaeva

11 Oct 2015, 12:44

3 more people to reach my personal goal. Anyone else interested? :)

romevi

16 Oct 2015, 08:26

Is this still going?

mangaeva

16 Oct 2015, 08:30

romevi wrote: Is this still going?
Of course~ I just don't want to spam :) Not much news until production is finished, so I just sometimes pop a comment saying how many people I wish would be in, but it has nothing to do with the keycaps actually being produced and sent to you. That's going to happen no matter what.

Return to “Group buys”