[GB] [IC] Paradigm ASK60 - a 60% Apple Standard Keyboard (M0116/M0118)

Let's revive the Apple Standard Keyboard... both the M0116 and M0118.

The ASK60 will be an M0116 and M0118 60% layout PCB. It will maintain the original Apple Standard Keyboard layout. Standard 60% case compatible. QMK compatible. Take the caps and stabs from the top of an Apple Standard Keyboard and plonk them on to your ASK60, no questions asked.

Choose your Alps switches, your case and your plate to make it your own.

At this stage, I'd like to gauge numbers and early interest. I'll revise and update accordingly.

Please forward this to anybody who you believe may be interested in this Alps project!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp...g/viewform
pizza_is_a_lie

Unread postYesterday, 00:06

X
pizza_is_a_lie

DT Pro Member: -

Stupid question: Isn't the ASK alpha section 0.5u shorter than a regular 60% keyboard and wouldn't you then have a 0.5u gap, if you just put it into a normal 60% case?
Nuum

Unread postYesterday, 08:41

X
Nuum

Main keyboard: FaceU 60% (60g Clears), Phantom (Nixdorf Blacks)
Main mouse: Steelseries Kana V2/Logitech G9
Favorite switch: 60g MX Clears/Brown Alps/Buckling spring
DT Pro Member: 0084

I responded to the reddit post but I’ll link here as well. I did a similar PCB that supports these layouts and a few more. It might be useful in your project.

workshop-f7/alps64-mini-t19077.html
snacksthecat
✶✶✶✶

Unread postYesterday, 14:19

X
snacksthecat
✶✶✶✶

Main keyboard: IBM SSK (typing) / Custom 75% Zealio (gaming)
Main mouse: BenQ ZOWIE EC1-A
Favorite switch: Dampened Cream Alps (minus dampeners)
DT Pro Member: 0205

Nuum wrote:Stupid question: Isn't the ASK alpha section 0.5u shorter than a regular 60% keyboard and wouldn't you then have a 0.5u gap, if you just put it into a normal 60% case?

Absolutely correct, there would be .25u on either side of the board. Options may include developing a 60% plate and PCB which would then see .25u of 'dead space' or spacing the caps further to get rid of the space. The latter, I'm not too keen.

It's early days and there's options; let me know what you think in the IC :mrgreen:
pizza_is_a_lie

Unread postYesterday, 17:37

X
pizza_is_a_lie

snacksthecat wrote:I responded to the reddit post but I’ll link here as well. I did a similar PCB that supports these layouts and a few more. It might be useful in your project.

workshop-f7/alps64-mini-t19077.html

I actually replied on Reddit as I checked that first. Feel free to PM me on there or reply, I think we need to talk more! :P
pizza_is_a_lie

Unread postYesterday, 17:37

X
pizza_is_a_lie