Apple M2454 & Introduction

Reddog9287

03 Apr 2012, 00:28

Hello guys, first I'd like to say that I've found this forum quite interesting so I've decided to join. This is my first post as a member. :D

I thought that I would do a little tour of my daily use keyboard to show to you.
What I have is an Apple M2454 which came bundled with a G4 PowerMac from 1999

I removed the keys to do a little cleaning

The switches appear to be (not switches at all) but little rubber domes with a small radius which makes them feel better than conventional (wider radius) rubber domes.

If I remember correctly the actuation force was 64g

Thanks guys!!
~Reddog9287

ripster

03 Apr 2012, 00:35

Excellent first post, nickels are banned here so the use of quarters was clever.

Sent From Brother Ripster's iPad

Reddog9287

03 Apr 2012, 01:02

Thanks! I did not know about the nickel rule, is there some sort of grudge against the third president of the United States? My favorite is Washington anyway.
~Reddog9287

sixty
Gasbag Guru

03 Apr 2012, 02:58

Interestingly I found this to be one of the most acceptable rubber dome boards I ever used. Most people seem to disagree, but it lasted quite long and still felt okay after a decade.

Reddog9287

03 Apr 2012, 21:45

Got the keyboard about a year ago in very good condition. $80 for the Apple G4 with the keyboard I have no regrets! I do like the feel of it, however, it pales in comparison with mechanical boards. I would say that it is my favorite rubber dome board.

Charlie_Brown_MX

03 Apr 2012, 22:15

As far as rubber domes go, I’ve always found Apple’s to be amongst the best. They’re pretty pleasant to type on as these things go. I beat the hell out of several and they keep on going just fine. Not one of them compares to the Extended II, but they’re preferable to nearly every other rubber dome I’ve used.

bhtooefr

04 Apr 2012, 03:15

The problem is, that argument breaks down as soon as you remember that the AppleDesign exists. ;)

Charlie_Brown_MX

04 Apr 2012, 08:07

bhtooefr wrote:The problem is, that argument breaks down as soon as you remember that the AppleDesign exists. ;)
Thankfully that was before my time. I do remember using the small Apple Keyboard II in high school, but don’t have any strong strong memories about its feel, which I’m taking to mean it was neither fantastic nor dreadful.

gore

10 Apr 2012, 16:18

Best rubber dome I have used is still the Gateway AnyKey

Return to “Keyboards”