Guy finds rare Alps SKCC Radio Shack TRS-III keyboard unit



Any info on this? (not my find)
green-squid
User avatar

Unread post17 Apr 2018, 18:01

User avatar
X
green-squid
 
Posts: 842
Joined: 07 Oct 2017, 11:19
Location: Hungary
Main keyboard: Lexmark Dell Model M
Main mouse: Intellimouse 1.3A PS/2
Favorite switch: Alps SKCL Green
DT Pro Member: -
 
Image
Image
Image

it took 2 searches ...
Myoth
User avatar

Unread post17 Apr 2018, 18:05

User avatar
X
Myoth
 
Posts: 648
Joined: 21 Feb 2017, 09:19
Location: France
Main keyboard: IBM F107
Main mouse: EC1-A
Favorite switch: Cap BS
DT Pro Member: -
 
Myoth wrote:Image
Image
Image

it took 2 searches ...

that was fast hahaha
Dingster
User avatar

Unread post17 Apr 2018, 18:06

User avatar
X
Dingster
 
Posts: 196
Joined: 07 Jan 2018, 13:51
Location: Slovenia
Main keyboard: IBM Model M or Magicforce 68
Main mouse: Logitech M500
Favorite switch: Good linears
DT Pro Member: -
 
thanks bro! Looks like it's not so rare after all, but apparenty still better than the one it originally came with.
green-squid
User avatar

Unread post17 Apr 2018, 18:10

User avatar
X
green-squid
 
Posts: 842
Joined: 07 Oct 2017, 11:19
Location: Hungary
Main keyboard: Lexmark Dell Model M
Main mouse: Intellimouse 1.3A PS/2
Favorite switch: Alps SKCL Green
DT Pro Member: -
 
Nice find, I never "find" stuff like this. Ever. :x
seebart
User avatar
Offtopicthority Instigator

Unread post17 Apr 2018, 18:13

User avatar
X
seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator
 
Posts: 11406
Joined: 22 Nov 2013, 20:20
Location: Germany
Main keyboard: Rotation
Main mouse: Steelseries Sensei
Favorite switch: IBM capacitive buckling spring
DT Pro Member: 0061
 
Hello hello! Forgot to double check Myoth's google-fu, and the OP notified me about this:

I’m not sure why they are being so smart about it. They posted links to a model 1, my TRS-80 is a model 3 with an integrated keyboard. It’s not the same as the model I and it’s not in the pictures they posted.
green-squid
User avatar

Unread post17 Apr 2018, 18:18

User avatar
X
green-squid
 
Posts: 842
Joined: 07 Oct 2017, 11:19
Location: Hungary
Main keyboard: Lexmark Dell Model M
Main mouse: Intellimouse 1.3A PS/2
Favorite switch: Alps SKCL Green
DT Pro Member: -
 
No it's not really rare in the world of vintage keyboards but who cares, you found it for free after all.
seebart
User avatar
Offtopicthority Instigator

Unread post17 Apr 2018, 18:24

User avatar
X
seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator
 
Posts: 11406
Joined: 22 Nov 2013, 20:20
Location: Germany
Main keyboard: Rotation
Main mouse: Steelseries Sensei
Favorite switch: IBM capacitive buckling spring
DT Pro Member: 0061
 
 
seebart wrote:No it's not really rare in the world of vintage keyboards but who cares, you found it for free after all.

It wasn't me. It was sean1978. But yeah, cool find! :) Much better than the crappy integrated dome ones! The Trash-80 is awesome.
green-squid
User avatar

Unread post17 Apr 2018, 18:27

User avatar
X
green-squid
 
Posts: 842
Joined: 07 Oct 2017, 11:19
Location: Hungary
Main keyboard: Lexmark Dell Model M
Main mouse: Intellimouse 1.3A PS/2
Favorite switch: Alps SKCL Green
DT Pro Member: -
 
green-squid wrote:
seebart wrote:No it's not really rare in the world of vintage keyboards but who cares, you found it for free after all.

It wasn't me. It was sean1978. But yeah, cool find! :) Much better than the crappy integrated dome ones! The Trash-80 is awesome.

^
Oh OK sorry.
seebart
User avatar
Offtopicthority Instigator

Unread post17 Apr 2018, 18:30

User avatar
X
seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator
 
Posts: 11406
Joined: 22 Nov 2013, 20:20
Location: Germany
Main keyboard: Rotation
Main mouse: Steelseries Sensei
Favorite switch: IBM capacitive buckling spring
DT Pro Member: 0061
 
green-squid wrote:Hello hello! Forgot to double check Myoth's google-fu, and the OP notified me about this:

I’m not sure why they are being so smart about it. They posted links to a model 1, my TRS-80 is a model 3 with an integrated keyboard. It’s not the same as the model I and it’s not in the pictures they posted.

so ... it's not the same BUT it has the same layout, the same switches, the caps, and they came from the same line of computer ? how far from each other can they be ??? that'd be like saying the 0414 from my terminal is not the same as Hansichen's because his is in a case :lol:, sure it's not the same but it's close enough ...


anyway, I'm not sure what you wanted to get info in, you knew where it came from, the switches and pretty much everything about it, what did you want to know more about it ?
Myoth
User avatar

Unread post17 Apr 2018, 18:37

User avatar
X
Myoth
 
Posts: 648
Joined: 21 Feb 2017, 09:19
Location: France
Main keyboard: IBM F107
Main mouse: EC1-A
Favorite switch: Cap BS
DT Pro Member: -
 
green-squid wrote:Any info on this? (not my find)

The wiki pages for SKCC Cream and Alps integrated dome both mention it with references.

The SKCC version was mentioned here in 2014 (per the reference on the SKCC Cream page):

keyboards-f2/keyboard-mystery-alps-12kc018a-for-trs-80-model-iii-t9492.html
Daniel Beardsmore
User avatar

Unread post17 Apr 2018, 18:39

User avatar
X
Daniel Beardsmore
 
Posts: 5797
Joined: 17 Aug 2011, 18:23
Location: Hertfordshire, England
Main keyboard: Filco Majestouch 1 (home)/Poker II backlit (work)
Main mouse: MS IMO 1.1
Favorite switch: Probably not whatever I wrote here
DT Pro Member: -
 
Myoth wrote:
green-squid wrote:Hello hello! Forgot to double check Myoth's google-fu, and the OP notified me about this:

I’m not sure why they are being so smart about it. They posted links to a model 1, my TRS-80 is a model 3 with an integrated keyboard. It’s not the same as the model I and it’s not in the pictures they posted.

so ... it's not the same BUT it has the same layout, the same switches, the caps, and they came from the same line of computer ? how far from each other can they be ??? that'd be like saying the 0414 from my terminal is not the same as Hansichen's because his is in a case :lol:, sure it's not the same but it's close enough ...


anyway, I'm not sure what you wanted to get info in, you knew where it came from, the switches and pretty much everything about it, what did you want to know more about it ?

I just wanted to get info for him. Don't shoot the messenger!
green-squid
User avatar

Unread post17 Apr 2018, 18:44

User avatar
X
green-squid
 
Posts: 842
Joined: 07 Oct 2017, 11:19
Location: Hungary
Main keyboard: Lexmark Dell Model M
Main mouse: Intellimouse 1.3A PS/2
Favorite switch: Alps SKCL Green
DT Pro Member: -
 
Haha, I love how small some corners of the internet are. I'm the "a guy on reddit" who spotted his other video and sent him a couple of spares I've got. Hilarious to see it loop back around here.
ScottPaladin
User avatar

Unread post17 Apr 2018, 18:59

User avatar
X
ScottPaladin
 
Posts: 55
Joined: 02 Mar 2018, 21:04
Location: Texas, United States
DT Pro Member: -
 
 
Image
Myoth wrote:
green-squid wrote:so ... it's not the same BUT it has the same layout, the same switches, the caps, and they came from the same line of computer ? how far from each other can they be ??? that'd be like saying the 0414 from my terminal is not the same as Hansichen's because his is in a case :lol:, sure it's not the same but it's close enough ...


One is a G80-0414 and the other one is a G80-0414H, so there is a difference :P :lol:
hansichen
User avatar

Unread post17 Apr 2018, 19:02

User avatar
X
hansichen
 
Posts: 410
Joined: 21 Dec 2016, 16:25
Location: Cherry-country
Main keyboard: G80-2100
Main mouse: Deathadder
Favorite switch: Vintage Black
DT Pro Member: -
 
ScottPaladin wrote:Haha, I love how small some corners of the internet are. I'm the "a guy on reddit" who spotted his other video and sent him a couple of spares I've got. Hilarious to see it loop back around here.

haha, that's very funny! :lol:
green-squid
User avatar

Unread post17 Apr 2018, 19:03

User avatar
X
green-squid
 
Posts: 842
Joined: 07 Oct 2017, 11:19
Location: Hungary
Main keyboard: Lexmark Dell Model M
Main mouse: Intellimouse 1.3A PS/2
Favorite switch: Alps SKCL Green
DT Pro Member: -
 
hansichen wrote:
Myoth wrote:
green-squid wrote:so ... it's not the same BUT it has the same layout, the same switches, the caps, and they came from the same line of computer ? how far from each other can they be ??? that'd be like saying the 0414 from my terminal is not the same as Hansichen's because his is in a case :lol:, sure it's not the same but it's close enough ...


One is a G80-0414 and the other one is a G80-0414H, so there is a difference :P :lol:

Valid point. :P
seebart
User avatar
Offtopicthority Instigator

Unread post17 Apr 2018, 19:17

User avatar
X
seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator
 
Posts: 11406
Joined: 22 Nov 2013, 20:20
Location: Germany
Main keyboard: Rotation
Main mouse: Steelseries Sensei
Favorite switch: IBM capacitive buckling spring
DT Pro Member: 0061
 
The moral of the story here is that before asking about general information on a keyboard, you should first check the wonderful wiki that this community (mostly Daniel) has created to see if it answers your questions.

=)
//gainsborough
User avatar
ALPSの日常

Unread post17 Apr 2018, 19:36

User avatar
X
//gainsborough
ALPSの日常
 
Posts: 690
Joined: 31 May 2016, 07:26
Location: Oregon
Main keyboard: some kind of alps keyboard
Favorite switch: clk: SKCM blue, lin: SKCL cream, tac: SKCM brown
DT Pro Member: 0188
 
hansichen wrote:
Myoth wrote:
green-squid wrote:so ... it's not the same BUT it has the same layout, the same switches, the caps, and they came from the same line of computer ? how far from each other can they be ??? that'd be like saying the 0414 from my terminal is not the same as Hansichen's because his is in a case :lol:, sure it's not the same but it's close enough ...


One is a G80-0414 and the other one is a G80-0414H, so there is a difference :P :lol:

:lol: :lol:

though ... I even said so myself ...
Myoth wrote:sure it's not the same but it's close enough ...
Myoth
User avatar

Unread post17 Apr 2018, 19:45

User avatar
X
Myoth
 
Posts: 648
Joined: 21 Feb 2017, 09:19
Location: France
Main keyboard: IBM F107
Main mouse: EC1-A
Favorite switch: Cap BS
DT Pro Member: -
 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BillyBuerger, ccl, digital_matthew, Keybug, pfoff, snufflecat, TheMilkmen and 53 guests