Leopold ISO UK models on their way.

NecromanX

23 Dec 2016, 08:30

As informed before, Leopold is working on ISO versions of their keyboards. They have two models coming in ISO UK Qwerty. The FC660M ISO UK in black and the FC980M ISO UK in black. If there is interest I will be setting up pre-orders for them and get them stocked in January to test the market :-).
ISO DE is coming right after this and we are still working on getting a deal with them to support much more layouts.
leopold-fc660m-uk-iso.png
leopold-fc660m-uk-iso.png (115.42 KiB) Viewed 9368 times
leopold-fc660m-uk-iso.png
leopold-fc660m-uk-iso.png (115.42 KiB) Viewed 9368 times
Attachments
leopold-fc980m-uk-iso.png
leopold-fc980m-uk-iso.png (159.49 KiB) Viewed 9368 times
Last edited by NecromanX on 23 Dec 2016, 09:14, edited 1 time in total.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

23 Dec 2016, 08:42

That is an amazing job. I am VERY thankful for your efforts, more ISO-DE Topre is a dream come true. Will ISO-DE be available in "grey/grey" as well?

I am kinda desperate for ANY grey ISO-DE Topre mount board so I can transplant the keycaps to a HHKB.

Muirium
µ

23 Dec 2016, 08:47

Topre? Sure it's not just MX?

matt3o
-[°_°]-

23 Dec 2016, 09:13

the "M" at the end of the product number stands for MX, indeed (it's C for Topre "Capacitive").

NecromanX

23 Dec 2016, 09:15

matt3o wrote: the "M" at the end of the product number stands for MX, indeed (it's C for Topre "Capacitive").
Yes indeed. These are MX models. Topre is not going to happen anytime soon due to a too large of MOQ.

Findecanor

23 Dec 2016, 23:37

BTW, I would love it if Leopold would make ISO versions of their PBT keycap sets. Those are the nicest, crispest sets I have seen.
I use a blank navy set on a Ducky TKL keyboard, in ISO - with only the Return/Enter key of a different make dyed blue.

frokost1

24 Dec 2016, 04:54

Have been lurking here a while but just made an account to tell you that I'm super interested. This is exactly what I've been wanting!

h3ll0

24 Dec 2016, 10:17

I'm VERY interested in ISO DE!

Nuum

24 Dec 2016, 13:46

Yay! Waiting exitedly for ISO-DE, would love to get both formats but I'm afraid there will only be money for the FC660M.

derzemel

24 Dec 2016, 21:36

no FC660C ISO? good.. My wallet is safe :D

phinix

03 Jan 2017, 14:57

I would prefer FC660C ISO, but MX is fine for now, I'll have one too:)

Would it be aluminium case or plastic?

Also noticed that Windows key is 1u, not 1.25u... :(
Also, I remember there were some issues with stabilisers in last row and that right shift, is that correct?

TCMercury

04 Jan 2017, 00:45

I literally made an account just to follow this. Any news on pre-orders?

phinix

04 Jan 2017, 10:33

TCMercury wrote: I literally made an account just to follow this. Any news on pre-orders?

I didn't see any news on this, but keep looking:)

This one and Varmilo 68 ISO is my priority this year:)

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

04 Jan 2017, 10:36

I'm still thinking about the FC980C White ANSI Topre 45g, but this guy has a nicer color scheme;

phinix

23 Jan 2017, 10:26

NecromanX wrote: As informed before, Leopold is working on ISO versions of their keyboards. They have two models coming in ISO UK Qwerty. The FC660M ISO UK in black and the FC980M ISO UK in black. If there is interest I will be setting up pre-orders for them and get them stocked in January to test the market :-).
ISO DE is coming right after this and we are still working on getting a deal with them to support much more layouts.
Hi, are they showing up?

Mizen

02 Feb 2017, 22:07

Any news on this?

qbadger

05 Feb 2017, 13:06

Entropia

05 Feb 2017, 20:21

I'm waiting for a ANSI FC980M with browns in stock. However, I'm also considering the FC980C, despite its price, because I'd really like to try Topres. The only thing that prevents me from placing my order is the ABS spacebar. Do you know if the black PBT spacebar that is sold by http://www.keyboardco.com matches the original color?

http://www.keyboardco.com/product/topre ... -black.asp

qbadger

06 Feb 2017, 00:52

Are you sure that black spacebar is PBT?

Topre Enthusiast

06 Feb 2017, 06:08

Yeah I reckon it's the ABS one. It appears to have the same 'NSP' stamping that is visible on the Topre ABS spacebar that is sold by Elitekeyboards too.

Entropia

06 Feb 2017, 10:23

I think you are right. Aren't black PBT spacebars available anywhere? A black keyboard with an orange or blue spacebar simply looks ridiculous.

qbadger

06 Feb 2017, 14:09

I got mine from taobao. Will post link to it later when I get home (on mobile at the moment)

qbadger

06 Feb 2017, 20:57

need

06 Feb 2017, 21:18

qbadger wrote: I got mine from taobao. Will post link to it later when I get home (on mobile at the moment)
which proxy service are you using?

qbadger

06 Feb 2017, 21:29

Didn't need to use one for that particular seller in the link. Item was shipped directly to the UK, I just had to get in touch with him first to get the postage cost updated on the order before paying.

I did order something over the holidays using http://www.parcelchina.co.uk/Home/tchina, but it hasn't even been despatched yet by the seller so not possible to comment on the service at the moment.

edit:

Forgot to add that if I were you, I would try candykeys.com first and ask whether they are planning to restock the spacebars any time soon in your preferred colour. @€6 each + €4 shipping it's a pretty good deal.

maco

09 Mar 2017, 15:35

Hey, how is it going with stocking the ISO Leopolds? I couldn't find them anywhere on the web. I'd be interested in FC660M ISO UK w/ MX Blue. Thanks!

Entropia

09 Mar 2017, 17:31

maco wrote: Hey, how is it going with stocking the ISO Leopolds? I couldn't find them anywhere on the web. I'd be interested in FC660M ISO UK w/ MX Blue. Thanks!
Here you can read that they are still "in manufacturing", so I suppose you'll still have to wait for one or two months:

https://www.candykeys.com/order-tracking/

I've been expecting the ANSI Leopolds for 3 months now. They are "in transit". They were supposed to have arrived by the end of February. Same with www.mykeyboard.eu

Return to “Keyboards”