[Photos] Apple Lisa Mouse A9M0050

snuci
Vintage computer guy

16 Nov 2015, 02:09

This is Apple's first mouse. It originally came with the Apple Lisa (the first version) and was later replaced with the M0100 that was used with the Lisa 2 and The Apple Macintosh. Being early this is a little less common. The Apple Lisa keyboard matches up quite nicely.

Here are some pics of the mouse:
Apple Lisa Mouse - Side
Apple Lisa Mouse - Side
Apple Lisa Mouse - side.jpg (132.21 KiB) Viewed 5404 times
Apple Lisa Mouse - profile with special connector for the Lisa 1
Apple Lisa Mouse - profile with special connector for the Lisa 1
Apple Lisa Mouse - profile.jpg (141.6 KiB) Viewed 5404 times
Apple Lisa Mouse - top end
Apple Lisa Mouse - top end
Apple Lisa Mouse - top end.jpg (125.27 KiB) Viewed 5404 times
Apple Lisa Mouse - bottom end
Apple Lisa Mouse - bottom end
Apple Lisa Mouse - bottom end.jpg (132.33 KiB) Viewed 5404 times
Apple Lisa Mouse - bottom with rubber ball and early serial number
Apple Lisa Mouse - bottom with rubber ball and early serial number
Apple Lisa Mouse - bottom.jpg (267.4 KiB) Viewed 5404 times

Muirium
µ

16 Nov 2015, 03:00

Nice. Now pics with the matching Lisa keyboard please!

Hak Foo

16 Nov 2015, 08:05

Apple sure loved to change connectors back then. I recall the IIc had all these weird connectors unlike any previous Apple II, and it seemed like there was the whole migration from "original toaster Mac" stuff to ADB almost immediately after.

snuci
Vintage computer guy

17 Nov 2015, 00:02

Muirium wrote: Nice. Now pics with the matching Lisa keyboard please!
Will do this weekend.

samuelcable

28 Feb 2018, 17:38

This mouse looks absolutely fantastic, even the bottom which you never see!

snuci
Vintage computer guy

28 Feb 2018, 18:08

Muirium wrote: Nice. Now pics with the matching Lisa keyboard please!
I just realized that I never put a link in. My Apple Lisa keyboard post has a picture with the keyboard and mouse together here: photos-f62/apple-lisa-keyboard-t12064.html

Daniel Beardsmore

28 Feb 2018, 19:35

Is that mouse as unergonomic as it looks?

Menuhin

28 Feb 2018, 19:53

I became curious about Apple's Lisa, and then I asked Google and found the followings:

Lisa Brennan-Jobs:
... about the real Lisa Brennan-Jobs: Born May 17, 1978, Lisa Nicole Brennan is the Apple co-founder Steve Jobs' daughter from his high school love, Chrisann Brennan. Jobs wasn't present for Lisa's birth, but he came to visit a few days after she was born.

The name Lisa was then given to a new computer Jobs was working on, but he created the acronym "Local Integrated Software Architecture" to explain the name to customers. In a very strange act of parenting, he told Lisa he did not name the computer after her. According to Isaacson's book, Steve Jobs, years later Jobs said, "Obviously, it was named for my daughter."

Strangely, though, perhaps terrified by the prospect of being a father, Jobs publicly denied being Lisa's dad, and a legal case followed. Even after a DNA paternity test established Jobs as Lisa's father, he made up a ridiculous argument that because the DNA test said he was 94.1 percent likely to be Lisa's father, 28 percent of the male population could also be Lisa's father. Years later, Jobs apologized for the cruel remarks.

Once paternity was legally declared, Jobs was forced to give Lisa's mom $385 per month in child support. He increased the amount to a mere $500 a month once he became a millionaire. As Lisa Brennan got older, she and her father reconciled, and she even lived with him during high school. She legally changed her name to Lisa Brennan-Jobs. Wanting to be a writer, Lisa attended Harvard University and graduated in 2000...
To Chrisann Brennan, it sounds like Steve Jobs was a Steve Jerk, but there could have been more complications in the insider stories.

snuci
Vintage computer guy

28 Feb 2018, 20:18

Daniel Beardsmore wrote: Is that mouse as unergonomic as it looks?
It is as unergonomic as the keyboard so at least there is consistency :)

Return to “Mice & other input devices”