Great/Interesting Finds

ohaimark
Kingpin

12 Feb 2018, 14:19

IT IS NOT SHILL BIDDING, at least not from the seller. That Videowriter is my auction, and everything you've seen is the result of trolls or bidders with very shitty tactics.

JP!

12 Feb 2018, 14:39

Sorry to see the trouble. Maybe a BIN could be better if you have a good idea of what it would go for and sometimes this can be better than an auction style due to the a buyers fear of missing out. You can always start high and and accept offers or lower the price after x number of days.

ohaimark
Kingpin

12 Feb 2018, 14:47

I haven't ever run into this before. Even my minty DC-3014 didn't draw trolls, though I guess things have changed over the past few years.

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

12 Feb 2018, 14:54

There's a reason I use Gixen to snipe on eBay. Set and forget, and if I lose then it went for more than I was willing to pay anyways (prevents me from starting a bid war as well).

depletedvespene

12 Feb 2018, 15:25

The IBM 5576 is down to 500 from 800 bucks.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-IBM-55 ... 2890713486

mike52787
Alps Aficionado

12 Feb 2018, 17:22

depletedvespene wrote: The IBM 5576 is down to 500 from 800 bucks.

Still far too much money.

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

12 Feb 2018, 17:52

mike52787 wrote:

Yeah I'm bidding on one elsewhere and it's currently going for $52.

Dingster

12 Feb 2018, 18:30

Blaise170 wrote:
mike52787 wrote:

Yeah I'm bidding on one elsewhere and it's currently going for $52.
Mind PMing the link, or pictures? Not going to bid :)

ohaimark
Kingpin

12 Feb 2018, 18:39

Kbdfr's slanderous, toxic accusation that I'm shill bidding on my Videowriter auction is really getting under my skin. It might be meaningless to most people on the forum, but having my integrity questioned after the things I've done here (and how I've worked to be a fair seller on eBay) hurts.
I cannot apologize, because I am convinced that you in fact are shill-bidding.
What I can do is acknowledge that you denied it in PMs and that otherwise I never had any reason to doubt your integrity.
I am not shilling in my auction. I appreciate Kbdfr's efforts to clean up eBay, but this time his vigilante mindset targeted an innocent person and (possibly) harmed his eBay account. Not sure if he reported me yet.

Kbdfr believes that unsubstantiated claims about my motives and actions are enough to condemn me. Basically, he thinks that shill bidding on my part is the only explanation for the activity in my auction. That stance is totally plausible, to be fair. It's also wrong and entirely based on speculation.

Please remember that the burden of truth falls on the accuser, not the accused. Even so, I can't provide any hard evidence to disprove his accusations. Everything I say or do is suspect, even if no one can prove their case. He basically tossed me into the court of public opinion, though that probably wasn't his intention. Doesn't make me resent it less.

So if you think I'm shitty enough to do something like that... Kiss my skinny white ass.

I'm going to take a break from the forum for a while to try and simmer down. Honestly, though, I'm nearing the point where going to a mostly-friendly circlejerk like Reddit is more appealing than dealing with some of the trolls and curmudgeonly jerks here.

You'll still be able to reach me via PM if you need to get in touch.

Dingster

12 Feb 2018, 18:46

ohaimark wrote: Kbdfr's slanderous, toxic accusation that I'm shill bidding on my Videowriter auction is really getting under my skin. It might be meaningless to most people on the forum, but having my integrity questioned after the things I've done here (and how I've worked to be a fair seller on eBay) hurts.
I cannot apologize, because I am convinced that you in fact are shill-bidding.
What I can do is acknowledge that you denied it in PMs and that otherwise I never had any reason to doubt your integrity.
I am not shilling in my auction. I appreciate Kbdfr's efforts to clean up eBay, but this time his vigilante mindset targeted an innocent person and (possibly) harmed his eBay account. Not sure if he reported me yet.

Kbdfr believes that unsubstantiated claims about my motives and actions are enough to condemn me. Basically, he thinks that shill bidding on my part is the only explanation for the activity in my auction. That stance is totally plausible, to be fair. It's also wrong and entirely based on speculation.

Please remember that the burden of truth falls on the accuser, not the accused. Even so, I can't provide any hard evidence to disprove his accusations. Everything I say or do is suspect, even if no one can prove their case. He basically tossed me into the court of public opinion, though that probably wasn't his intention. Doesn't make me resent it less.

So if you think I'm shitty enough to do something like that... Kiss my skinny white ass.

I'm going to take a break from the forum for a while to try and simmer down. Honestly, though, I'm nearing the point where going to a mostly-friendly circlejerk like Reddit is more appealing than dealing with some of the trolls and curmudgeonly jerks here.

You'll still be able to reach me via PM if you need to get in touch.
I really am not the most important or well known member of DT, but I belive you. Dont hesitate to take a break from the forum if you need to.
Being falesly accused of something really is the worst...But dont let things like that get to you :) Least I can say is good luck with the auction

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

12 Feb 2018, 19:07

ohaimark wrote: I'm going to take a break from the forum for a while to try and simmer down.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Take a break mate, don't let one person keep you from the best forum around.

nsmechkb

12 Feb 2018, 19:31

I also have zero doubt that the accusations are false. As ohaimark said, Kbdfr's efforts to clean up ebay are valuable, it's just that in this case, there's been a mistake.

purdobol

12 Feb 2018, 19:52

Don't care one way or another. But I know one thing.
That's not a proper way to handle the situation.

You clearly are having a bad day... take a break.

fohat
Elder Messenger

13 Feb 2018, 01:02

I have dealt with ohaimark and he was entirely straightforward and honest in that transaction.

//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

13 Feb 2018, 01:47

purdobol wrote: Don't care one way or another. But I know one thing.
That's not a proper way to handle the situation.

You clearly are having a bad day... take a break.
What is the proper way, then? To me it appears that ohaimark was publicly accused of something he didn't do, so he defended himself publicly. Seems like a proper response to me - especially since the whole accusation was based on nothing more than speculation.
fohat wrote: I have dealt with ohaimark and he was entirely straightforward and honest in that transaction.
Same experience with me.

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

13 Feb 2018, 01:56

I've dealt with him too, he is fine. I have no trouble with him defending himself. But, I think he took it a bit too far..

JP!

13 Feb 2018, 04:03

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Parall ... SwIBxaf0XI

Edit: Looks neat, just watch out for the shipping shenanigans. I doubt this takes $87 to ship :roll:
Last edited by JP! on 13 Feb 2018, 04:24, edited 1 time in total.

//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

13 Feb 2018, 04:08

Blaise170 wrote: But, I think he took it a bit too far..
I can understand that.
This thing looks neat!

Slom

13 Feb 2018, 05:16

kbdfr wrote: I can predict someone (probably h***_, but perhaps another account so as not to raise suspicion) will bid somewhere between $200 and probably $250 shortly before the auction ends and manage to lose, letting u***u be the highest bidder for his maximum bid.
Whatever the reason may be ... User h***_ certainly has a very strange bidding behavior.

u***u(23) $187.50 7 Feb 2018 at 6:34:06AM PST
u***u(23) $187.50 6 Feb 2018 at 4:42:01PM PST
h***_(2) $185.00 12 Feb 2018 at 4:11:40PM PST
h***_(2) $159.00 12 Feb 2018 at 3:52:49PM PST
h***_(2) $151.00 12 Feb 2018 at 3:47:38PM PST
h***_(2) $145.00 12 Feb 2018 at 3:37:00PM PST
h***_(2) $130.00 12 Feb 2018 at 3:36:13PM PST

h***_(2)
Retracted:$251.00
Bid:11 Feb 2018 at 7:45:21PM PST
Retracted:11 Feb 2018 at 10:32:02PM PST

h***_(2)
Retracted:$280.00
Bid:7 Feb 2018 at 1:27:23PM PST
Retracted:8 Feb 2018 at 11:13:23AM PST

Chyros

13 Feb 2018, 13:11

3 NIB Harris terminal keyboards with what I THINK are low-profile ITW magnetic valve. Plug even looks like it's AT/XT.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Harris-F190-22 ... 9KDpqPe0fg

$90 BIN - could be a pretty shweet deal!

Quartz64

13 Feb 2018, 13:21

Model F XT for $83 on Ebay, US. Spotted it yesterday, but have found a better deal.

Gnohio

13 Feb 2018, 13:30

Quartz64 wrote: Model F XT for $83 on Ebay, US. Spotted it yesterday, but have found a better deal.
Thats a pretty decent deal based purely on how it looks, as I got both of mine for $75 and $90 that are in relatively similar condition.

Keybug

13 Feb 2018, 20:47

Did anyone here from Sweden get these?

"Retro PC tangentbord, IBM mfl på Tradera.com - Övriga datorer

On the off chance someone did and they are willing to sell it, I'd be interested in that Victor board...

FXT
XT

13 Feb 2018, 21:10

orihalcon

14 Feb 2018, 04:52

Are the bigfoot XT's easy to convert? I seem to remember coming to the conclusion that I would probably just put a normal XT's guts inside the larger case, though I can't remember if that was based on much research. Never tried converting a bigfoot myself. I think the main advantage of the bigfoot is that you sort of get a built in palm rest, though not sure if it is quite long enough to be comfortable.

FXT
XT

14 Feb 2018, 05:38

I mainly want some of the keys from the bigfoot for my XT.

OleVoip

14 Feb 2018, 12:27

Pristine military RAFI (NOS, ca. 1990), bit-paired ISO, RS 76 (C?)
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/-/282740094200

digital_matthew

15 Feb 2018, 02:37

It's ol' Ahab reportin' another White Whale off the starboard bow...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/IBM-Display-Wr ... Sw6qpahN8F

ekeppel

15 Feb 2018, 02:44

digital_matthew wrote: It's ol' Ahab reportin' another White Whale off the starboard bow...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/IBM-Display-Wr ... Sw6qpahN8F
Yeah, that's another one of mine. Some here on DT didn't like the Selectric colorway I had on the last one I sold on eBay, so I thought I would list one with the original color scheme. :lol:

As to the format, I don't usually do auctions, but apparently someone here thought I was 'kicking myself' for not putting up the last one as an auction, lol. To be honest, I was perfectly happy to get my asking price on the last one as a buy-it-now, but hey let's try an auction for the fun of it.

;)

Return to “Other external”