Some people and WODAN get interviewed on Top Clack

green-squid

14 Apr 2018, 17:31

So apparently, these people and Wodan are making a keycap set. That is very interesting. I don't keep up with all these keycap sets and customs and all that because I am not rich.
Observations:

Blond man from Brazil talks about inspecting the prototypes and issues about shipping to Brazil
Spanish man is sometimes funny, one of the more talkative ones in this team
Asian man is quiet but sometimes talks. Squashed between Spanish man and Wodan.
Wodan is Wodan and he sips beer at the beginning ;)
Man in Pink pullover is quiet for a bit, then he goes in the front row to talk about stuff, then he is quiet again.
Long hair man in dark grey shirt is quiet, but he talks sometimes
Last guy is quiet

Pretty good stream overall. :D

JP!

14 Apr 2018, 18:53

Not nearly as exciting as Top Gear but it's neat to see so many personalities interviewed, especially when some of them are apart of this community. It was a bit long so I only watched part of it though. I wonder what beer Wodan is drinking?

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

14 Apr 2018, 19:32

Seems Wodan is giving more and more interviewes.... :maverick:

green-squid

14 Apr 2018, 20:05

JP! wrote: Not nearly as exciting as Top Gear but it's neat to see so many personalities interviewed, especially when some of them are apart of this community. It was a bit long so I only watched part of it though. I wonder what beer Wodan is drinking?
Yes, I have heard of Top Gear, but most cars are not very exciting (besides the obvious cool cars), most of the ones on the road are very boring. The Kia Ceed that my dad bought recently as the new family car (we have had a Seat Cordoba for a long long time, but I remember we used to have a red Suzuki from the 1990s for a few years when I was a toddler) and it has some cool features like a camera for parking in the back, and it's more comfortable than the previous car (since I'm the tallest person in the family, it's good to have more space), but it looks like every other car I see advertised. And then it will be considered 'junk' in 10 years anyway, and everything's going to break on it by then. What's the point! :(

Yeah, I'm not a car person at all.

pr0ximity

15 Apr 2018, 01:49

Cool to see that crowd all together! Whatever they're making sounds quite interesting... I wouldn't have pegged Wodan as a big supporter of new-age keysets. Figured he'd be all about the OG Cherry :P

Good discussion on plate mounting as well, gasket mount has been an interest of mine for a while now. I haven't heard the talk of material degradation on 356mini's, if anyone has a like I'd like to know more. I've been hoping to find a replacement at some point and experimenting with the durometer for the gasket.

EDIT: Oh I forgot, I totally started wearing gloves when I solder and it's excellent, especially with untreated brass plates and PCB-mount switches with tight legs.

And custom Topre is coming. I expect multiple buys by the end of the year.

TuxKey
LLAP

01 May 2018, 15:30

like Wodan's channel. liked his covering of the TS100.. look forward to watching him use it for a build..
i got my TS100 last week..

Return to “News”