[Photos] Chicony KB-5161 MX Blues

Not much interesting about this board. I'm not sure on the printing method on the F keys. Other than that, just boring old MX blues that lost their click in exchange for a (very) faint rattle ...

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

11.JPG

12.JPG

13.JPG

14.JPG
Slom

Unread post04 Nov 2017, 10:12

X
Slom

Club member: -

On my to-do list is to find one or two other manufacturers to talk to, in order to see if there's anything resembling an industry standard term that covers both pad printing and silkscreen printing. Chicony offer both but those would be pad printing, while Tai-Hao use screen printing. At the moment I'm using "surface ink printing", to indicate that ink is deposited only onto the surface of the keycap, as opposed to dye sublimation where the ink soaks in.

It's funny how they were using PCB-mount switches, in a plate, with jumpers that are either bent out of the way, go nowhere, or are just soldered meaninglessly. There are even pads for the fixing pins. How stoned was the dude who designed this PCB?
Daniel Beardsmore

Unread post04 Nov 2017, 11:56

X
Daniel Beardsmore

Main keyboard: Filco Majestouch 1 (home)/Poker II backlit (work)
Main mouse: MS IMO 1.1
Favorite switch: Probably not whatever I wrote here
Club member: -

Good pics Slom! I've had the same experience with old MX blues, they age way worse than MX blacks.
seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

Unread post04 Nov 2017, 17:45

X
seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

Main keyboard: Rotation
Main mouse: Steelseries Sensei
Favorite switch: IBM capacitive buckling spring
Club member: 0061