Another IBM LPFK

Parak

23 Jul 2017, 08:09

You may or may not have seen these via the great finds thread, so here they are:

Time has not been kind to the keycaps. Lots of cracks on most of them, especially the LED window.

I already have a Cherry (M8) LPFK, so why not an Alps one? :?

Big and beefy mains power switch, SPST push on/push off. With a very satisfactory type of feeling to it.

Mains power, apply directly to the keyboard. MAINS POWER, APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE KEYBOARD!

Unfortunately, I couldn't get access to the internals easily. Screws are some sort of abnormal hex type that I have no key for, despite having pretty much every metric and SAE size.

Obligatory blinkenlights vidjeo:

subcat

23 Jul 2017, 08:44

Very interesting that the LED windows are of a completely different design to the SGI variant of this that comes with SKCL Grey (and rarely Cream). Super cool!

E3E

23 Jul 2017, 13:15

Alps was such a chameleon company when it came to keyboards, goodness. Nice to see more documentation on stuff like this.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

23 Jul 2017, 13:41

Cool stuff, thanks for uploading the video also so we can see the LED's in action.

Ir0n

23 Jul 2017, 13:59

Neat! Was it for a terminal or something?

nsmechkb

23 Jul 2017, 15:59

This thing is really neat. Thanks for sharing!

Mr.Nobody

25 Aug 2017, 01:17

Ir0n wrote: Neat! Was it for a terminal or something?

It's used to be used with Auto CAD as a shortcut key panel.

daedalus
Buckler Of Springs

15 Nov 2017, 14:47

Interesting to note that the label reads "Made for IBM Japan" - it looks like this was probably a Japanese-specific IBM LPFK, and thus made locally, like most of the IBM Japan stuff.

flowerlandfilms

16 Nov 2017, 19:11

I want dem caps.

nivloM droL

17 Nov 2017, 07:20

Amazing gem.

Return to “Gallery”