[MechSupply] Royal Glam Wrist Rests

twelvebore

14 Jul 2016, 09:28

I'm waiting for two, but I'm off on hols today. It's all cool though, hopefully I'll have a nice package waiting for me when I get back :)

UKKeycaps

14 Jul 2016, 10:52

Pushed back another day by FedEx, although they say they have risen the issue to a higher level.

This is the last time I will use their service

EDIT: I have been re-assured again the package will arrive tomorrow. I will check at 8:30am tomorrow to ensure they have it marked for delivery.

chuckdee

14 Jul 2016, 18:07

Not a big deal (at least on my end). Thanks for keeping the thread updated!

UKKeycaps

15 Jul 2016, 12:23

Delivered! First batch of rests will be shipped tomorrow midday

Fester

20 Jul 2016, 00:00

Got mine in the post today, and I love it! :D

remlap

20 Jul 2016, 12:15

My one arrived this morning, they're fantastic.

Thanks!

scottc

21 Jul 2016, 16:45

Mine arrived today but there's a crack in the side of it... sigh...

UKKeycaps

21 Jul 2016, 21:18

scottc wrote: Mine arrived today but there's a crack in the side of it... sigh...

Wow, considering how these were packed, your postal service must really have put in a good effort to crack it.

I'll reply to the email you send me ASAP!

scottc

21 Jul 2016, 22:34

I don't think it was the postal service at all. Like you said, it was well-packed. It looks like some sort of factory defect to me since the rest of the rest (ha!) isn't displaced at all, it's not like it was banged and has come apart. I can't be sure, though.

I sent you the mail at 4:19 UK time today. Obviously there's no rush right now since it's late.

Laser
emacs -nw

21 Jul 2016, 22:49

Wood is finicky - maybe it went through moisture (humid air), heat (hot air) and a long, bumpy travel and, in these conditions, slowly decided to crack.

scottc

21 Jul 2016, 22:57

Yeah, you are probably right. I haven't got a clue about this stuff so I will defer to your judgement!

Laser
emacs -nw

21 Jul 2016, 23:22

I'm not an expert by any means.

"Fun" stuff to read about wood: http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1999 ... e-moisture

scottc

22 Jul 2016, 01:33

Ouch, I had no idea. I couldn't read the whole article (it was just too riveting), but thanks for linking it -- I had no idea it could be such an issue. I'm going to try to repair this little guy with a healthy dose of wood glue.

chuckdee

03 Aug 2016, 17:20

Is there any tracking on these? I know that I'm overseas in the US, but I've heard nothing on my shipment at all, and I'm getting a bit concerned.

UKKeycaps

05 Aug 2016, 01:40

Email me via the contact page and I'll get back to you ASAP!

chuckdee

05 Aug 2016, 03:50

Already done. Thanks!

face

05 Aug 2016, 15:57

Mine was well packed too, but is damaged anyway... it is scratched and it's kinda annoying, since it is where my wrist lays and it is also eye-catching.

I guess someone with experience in wood could just take a oily cloth and make it "vanish" (altough it is noticeably deep, so you would feel it), but I don't now why this should be my job as a customer. Also chances are it get's darker where it shouldn't when I start messing around with it.
Attachments
IMG_4041.jpg
IMG_4041.jpg (2.27 MiB) Viewed 3023 times
IMG_4040.jpg
IMG_4040.jpg (1.79 MiB) Viewed 3023 times

Return to “Group buys”