The reverse keyboard

elecplus

22 Aug 2016, 19:21

I know I am dyslexic, but this would absolutely confound my typing brain!
ReverseQWERTY.jpg
ReverseQWERTY.jpg (18.09 KiB) Viewed 3172 times

Chyros

22 Aug 2016, 21:40

Fockstha?! Oo

elecplus

22 Aug 2016, 21:53

Yeah, my thoughts too! What would be your typing speed on this thing, Chyros?

davkol

22 Aug 2016, 22:37

Where is this from? I've seen a study, that tried to evaluate people's typing proficiency on QWERTY turned upside down, because… dunno, they wanted to make some point, but it didn't make any sense even back when I knew, what the point was supposed to be.

elecplus

22 Aug 2016, 22:52

czarek

23 Aug 2016, 10:05

I believe for people who don't touch type it shouldn't be a big deal.
I do however and QWERTY layout is so engraved into my brain and muscle memory I don''t think I could even switch to Dvorak or Colemak. Not that I see any point in that as after analyzing my typing (Polish/English/Programming Python, Perl, JS, C, Obj-C, Swift) QWERTY is the possibly the most efficient layout for me anyways.
Also for those who don't touch type, do yourself a favour and learn it, especially if you type a lot. It really improves ergonomics, speed and accuracy by a lot!

eekee

25 Aug 2016, 20:04

What a nightmare! I don't touch-type, my hands have the wrong proportions for it, but I still don't look at every key. There's a huge range of typing styles between touch-typing at one extreme and "hunting and pecking" at the other, which all get ignored in these discussions. (There's also a wide range of variation in the proportions of human hands which get ignored by Dvorak fanatics, which makes me rather angry.)

davkol

25 Aug 2016, 20:09

It seems people forget (if they knew it to begin with) that prof. Dvorak was an educational psychologist and half of the point of the Simplified Keyboard is that it should be much easier to learn to type properly on it.

chuckdee

25 Aug 2016, 22:08

Or maybe as a behavioral experiment. You know... do people get murderous after being given this layout. I know I would.

citrojohn

25 Aug 2016, 23:29

Ah, the trouble with that layout is the numrow's the wrong way round... and shouldn't the space bar be above the Z-row? :?

eekee

25 Aug 2016, 23:57

davkol wrote: It seems people forget (if they knew it to begin with) that prof. Dvorak was an educational psychologist and half of the point of the Simplified Keyboard is that it should be much easier to learn to type properly on it.
Just because he was an educational psychologist doesn't mean he wasn't crazy. Plenty of doctors have gone crazy.

Chyros

26 Aug 2016, 00:59

elecplus wrote: Yeah, my thoughts too! What would be your typing speed on this thing, Chyros?
I... I can't even... I don't... No. Just no.

Return to “Keyboards”