MrBishop wrote:
Wodan wrote: WTF the link is still dead. Get your shit together GH
you said it not me but yeah :?
Not even a courtesy/approval bump ...
It's finally up on GH

sent from my chess board

Chyros

15 Aug 2016, 18:16

The approval system on GH is piss annoying. Doesn't even make sense because GH doesn't take responsibility for the deals Oo .

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

15 Aug 2016, 18:17

Chyros wrote: The approval system on GH is piss annoying. Doesn't even make sense because GH doesn't take responsibility for the deals Oo .
Another reason why I do not use GH.

chuckdee

15 Aug 2016, 19:00

Chyros wrote: Doesn't even make sense because GH doesn't take responsibility for the deals Oo .
This, more than anything else.

chuckdee

15 Aug 2016, 19:02

kbdfr wrote:
chuckdee wrote: Can't you program the layout to something that would help you? […]
That would imply that there are more than just 26 alpha keys like in this design.
Accented letters and/or other diacritics are not just accasional in most languages, but full-fledged characters. As an example, in French the frequency of é is higher than even g and even à is more frequent than k, so that it would seem rational for a French keyboard with only 26 alpha keys to have é rather than g and à rather than k - but of course you will still need (but have no place for) g and k.

Trying to reduce the number of keys of a keyboard (at least to that point) is a merely aesthetical exercise which has clear negative impact on its usability.
You use layers for that. Not as convenient, for sure. But you have to make some sort of trade-off to get a smaller size. And this smaller size might not necessarily be for aesthetic purposes, but for some need.

MrBishop

15 Aug 2016, 19:38

I was apologized to for the tardiness. Shit happens. I'm not really that upset about it or anything.

sent from my chess board

kbdfr
The Tiproman

15 Aug 2016, 19:43

chuckdee wrote:
kbdfr wrote: [Long explanation about diacritics use in most languages]

Trying to reduce the number of keys of a keyboard (at least to that point) is a merely aesthetical exercise which has clear negative impact on its usability.
You use layers for that. Not as convenient, for sure. But you have to make some sort of trade-off to get a smaller size. And this smaller size might not necessarily be for aesthetic purposes, but for some need.
Apparently English users cannot even grasp that it is not just a matter of convenience :D
Imagine you would have even less keys and hence all vowels on a second layer. Would it be just "not convenient"?

I would be curious which "need" can justify sacrificing full-fledged letters (which is what diacritics are) to have a keyboard that small.

chuckdee

15 Aug 2016, 20:08

kbdfr wrote:
chuckdee wrote:
kbdfr wrote: [Long explanation about diacritics use in most languages]

Apparently English users cannot even grasp that it is not just a matter of convenience :D
Imagine you would have even less keys and hence all vowels on a second layer. Would it be just "not convenient"?

I would be curious which "need" can justify sacrificing full-fledged letters (which is what diacritics are) to have a keyboard that small.
I totally grasp that. I just don't think that you grasp that allowances need to be made for less keys.

/me shrugs

I have a keyboard on my phone that only has 12 keys. It is a sacrifice to be able to press the keys instead of having to deal with the fat-finger syndrome. Is it inconvenient? Yes. But does it get around the problem? Yes.

It really depends on what you're doing. And so I don't allow my needs and willingness to sacrifice to spill over into thinking that all think the same way I do, which I think is a better approach to take.

ideus

16 Aug 2016, 00:12

Yet, it is still a great looking keyboard, if someone must pay the price for beauty, it is entirely beyond the logic of a keyboard, a mechanical one in particular, whose main function is to free the PC user from the jail imposed by rubber domes, or soft keyboards; thus, this is exactly in the opposite side of the equation, it is a mechanical keyboard trying to be something closer to a phone keyboard, it is against its own nature. I am glad that I have to write in Spanish besides English, that gives me the chance to experience the diacritics and characters beyond ASCII set, that gives me sensibility that otherwise I might have lost since years ago.

MrBishop

01 Sep 2016, 16:41

for all of you who have joined this GB i want to say thank you. I will be starting the invoicing process later today/tonight

Return to “Group buys”