You don't like them ? :(

7bit

20 Sep 2016, 12:30

The more kits the more work.
:? :cry: :mad:

Wodan
ISO Advocate

20 Sep 2016, 13:33

7bit wrote: The more kits the more work.
:? :cry: :mad:
Do you think the red/green/blue on creme modifiers will sell much?

Maybe only offer the modifier kits in creme-on-color variants to save some kits ?

What I really liked in Round 6 was the Cadet TKL kit. That was a proper, versatile, full kit.

It's just ... while planning my Round7 order I have to make a concept for the color schemes I want and then get every color scheme with the same options to make sure I can put it on almost any keyboard I like. You will crush some of my nicely laid out plans for sure but I still need that approach to make sure I don't miss anything. If anyone is interested, I can share my "universal kit selection" template and people can comment on it :)

I should know pretty well which layouts I want to be prepared for.

7bit

20 Sep 2016, 14:37

Yes, please.
:-)

Wodan
ISO Advocate

20 Sep 2016, 15:35

7bit wrote: Yes, please.
:-)
Okay ... Just saying, up to you to decide whether that's actually missing ...

None of the fluff keys are available in R4U100 but that would be perfect for split right shift FN replacements.
Part of my universal layout coverage and a fluff key would be my #1 choice for split shift FN keys.

Griffy

20 Sep 2016, 21:33

You are a rockstar.

uflatg

22 Sep 2016, 00:27

I ordered some keycaps by message.
But I don't received any reply.
Please check my message.

nowai

22 Sep 2016, 01:04

no worries, the bot has to kick 7bit to make him send out the mails, so there's a delay sometimes.

or was it the other way around? I don't remember... :?

uflatg

22 Sep 2016, 01:50

nowai wrote: no worries, the bot has to kick 7bit to make him send out the mails, so there's a delay sometimes.

or was it the other way around? I don't remember... :?
OK, thanks :)

mecano

22 Sep 2016, 11:59

7bit wrote:
romevi wrote:
Wodan wrote:Kill me
Same.
pkill romevi Wodan
[1]- Terminated romevi
[2]+ Terminated Wodan

done!
:evilgeek:
They keep coming back!

pkill -9 romevi Wodan

Wodan
ISO Advocate

22 Sep 2016, 12:14

If you really want to get rid of me, try

Code: Select all

init 1

7bit

22 Sep 2016, 12:20

Nah!

Better do this:
punkill -9 romevi Wodan

So they are revived and can order more key caps ...
:evilgeek:

Wodan
ISO Advocate

22 Sep 2016, 14:50

Okay well here is my "Universal Essentials" kit selection. The example kits are for a Grey-on-Creme ASCII keycap set with Creme-on-Grey text modifiers.

Supported layouts:
  • Fullsize
  • TKL
  • 60%
  • 1.25u bottom row
  • 1.5u bottom row
  • HHKB-like MX layout (1u-1.5u-7u-1.5u-1u)
  • 1800 layout (No 6u space bar!)
  • Infinity 60% ("HHKB 3")
  • Whitefox (R4 PGDN missing as usual. What were you thinking matt3o ...)
Grey-on-Creme ASCII / TEXT
Alphas ALGOL/ASCIIBASE/CREAM
Int ALGOL/INTER/CREAM Missing ASCII/Cadet legend option!
TKL ALGOL/TKLBASE/GREY
ISO ALGOL/ISO/GREY
6.25u ALGOL/SPACE625/CREAM
1.5Mod ALGOL/MOD150/GREY
7u ALGOL/SPACE700/CREAM
1Mod ALGOL/MOD100/GREY
Numpad ALGOL/NUMPAD/CREAM
OS1u ALGOL/WIN100/GREY Missing MENU key (1800 win layout)
OS1.25u ALGOL/WIN125/GREY
Shift1.75 ALGOL/SHIFT175/GREY
Ctrl1.75 ALGOL/CONTROL175/GREY
Backsp1.5 ALGOL/BSP150/GREY
FN_R4 MISSING
1800_CBAS ALGOL/CURSYMXTRA/GREY Only available as SYM/Icon mods and not with TEXT mods
A proper R4U100 key for split-right shift configurations is missing completely.

PS: F**K these BBCode tables are so F**KED UP! Took me 15 minutes to make it look that shitty.

mecano

22 Sep 2016, 15:43

Looks great and readable from here, there is a big void before the table though because of the valign=middle maybe.

7bit

22 Sep 2016, 15:51

You could have made your job a lot easier by using [ code ] and [ / code ] and do a 7bit-style table:

Code: Select all

|Grey-on-Creme ASCII / TEXT
Alphas   |ALGOL/ASCIIBASE/CREAM
Int      |ALGOL/INTER/CREAM Missing ASCII/Cadet legend option!
TKL      |ALGOL/TKLBASE/GREY
ISO      |ALGOL/ISO/GREY
6.25u    |ALGOL/SPACE625/CREAM
1.5Mod   |ALGOL/MOD150/GREY
7u       |ALGOL/SPACE700/CREAM
1Mod     |ALGOL/MOD100/GREY
Numpad   |ALGOL/NUMPAD/CREAM
OS1u     |ALGOL/WIN100/GREY Missing MENU key (1800 win layout)
OS1.25u  |ALGOL/WIN125/GREY
Shift1.75|ALGOL/SHIFT175/GREY
Ctrl1.75 |ALGOL/CONTROL175/GREY
Backsp1.5|ALGOL/BSP150/GREY
FN_R4    |MISSING
1800_CBAS|ALGOL/CURSYMXTRA/GREY Only available as SYM/Icon mods and not with TEXT mods
:shock:
Spoiler:
done in less than 10 seconds!
:P
Do you suggest there should be some kind of WODAN kit containing all those keys in your funny table?
:?

Wodan
ISO Advocate

22 Sep 2016, 16:53

I tried it with the CODE tag but it didn't handle the tabs right and I couldn't highlight things inside the code (see red and yellow text) to indicate matching issues.

Well if there was a Wodan kit, it would be this:
With a few modifications:
- The Rub-Out key should be Caps Lock
- There should be a Control key alternative for above mentioned Caps Lock key, formerly known as Rub Out
- Additional 1.75u right shift replacement
- Additional 1u R4 "FN" key for split-right-shift configurations
- Consistent modifier color scheme of course. The black/white legends are due to the Cadet color scheme

That's all :)

mecano

22 Sep 2016, 17:08

Maybe you should add a layout compatible column to your table, things will be even more clear.
@7bit it is more a guide and a way to spot missing keys I guess.

Turbodruk

22 Sep 2016, 23:03

Any chance on a 3U spacebar?

7bit

23 Sep 2016, 09:32

Which color?
:?

Wodan
ISO Advocate

23 Sep 2016, 10:42

Will we get some additional kits that I was nagging for?
Would be great if you let me know when there has been an update since I have to update the kit list in my repository as well ;)

Regarding colors ... just speaking for myself but I see the main colors of this round as the grey/creme and blue/creme combinations. Would be awesome if the important kits (international!) were available in these color schemes. Not asking for EVERY color but give me blue please please.

Anyone looking for more Violett stuff can still fish in the R6 leftovers and anyone looking for the red+green stuff should lobby here for himself.

mecano

24 Sep 2016, 11:26

Wow if there will be 3U space bars I'll take my chance: any luck for some 1U space bars? I will take at least 8 of these myself.

Blue on cream is really great indeed! I'm waiting october to drink some beer make my Algol order and would like to see fun and sym kits updated/stabilized but looks like 7bit will be quiet busy…

7bit

25 Sep 2016, 10:31

It seems I should cancel Round 7 altogether, because only a few orders came in and nobody paid.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

caligo

25 Sep 2016, 10:48

7bit wrote: It seems I should cancel Round 7 altogether, because only a few orders came in and nobody paid.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
:shock: :shock: :shock:

But I'm still deciding what to get (and trying to justify buying more keys)! I haven't even gotten my Whitefox the way I want it yet, since I'm still waiting for the white R6 keys. And I don't have my black keys, so my Novatouch is still populated with stock keycaps. :( If you make SP produce them faster, I might be able to start thinking about what project comes next so I can decide what keys I need. ;)

On a more serious note, I do think some people might have been put off by the Round 5 and 6 delays. I find the part where you'll get your keycaps before christmas (but we never said which christmas) quite charming, but I can see how people could consider the long wait times and uncertainty a deal breaker – especially now that Massdrop have gotten into the keyset business big time, and group buys of keycaps are suddenly more or less the same as just buying something from a regular online store. But Massdrop will probably never match the number of sets and prices of these crazy, bot-led groupbuys. Plus they're based in the US, which sucks for us poor Europeans.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

25 Sep 2016, 13:28

7bit wrote: It seems I should cancel Round 7 altogether, because only a few orders came in and nobody paid.
It's been years since the last big "Round x" delivery and many of your potential customers are still waiting for their first full 7bit set (including me :lol: )

The Round5/6 thread is still a lot busier than the round7 thread because that's what keeps people busy.

You don't order desert if you haven't even gotten your main course yet ;)

eddible

25 Sep 2016, 14:29

I've put my order in, but intended to pay a little each pay day. This hobby is too expensive to drop the cash all at once!
Last edited by eddible on 25 Sep 2016, 20:03, edited 1 time in total.

mecano

25 Sep 2016, 16:41

Note that I already cashed my forthcoming Algol order by 10 euros (ok I did a mistake and paid the dollar amount in euros but nevertheless), so you can't cancel it by now :mrgreen:

mecano

25 Sep 2016, 16:47

1-Advertise the 25% in the thread title.
2-Finalize the sets (taking in account the remarks that seem smart)
or just wait for it to take off, september is not the better season for this, people have to justify a lot of expenses…

Parjánya

25 Sep 2016, 21:28

How am I to choose what to buy if there is a possibility of what I choose been cancelled?

Besides, if we hadn't half a GB still to be sent and the other half still to be manufactured, and SP wasn't so busy as it seems to be right now, it would be much easier to commit right now.

Still... I'm very tempted :shock: .

eddible

25 Sep 2016, 22:15

Parjánya wrote:How am I to choose what to buy if there is a possibility of what I choose been cancelled?

Besides, if we hadn't half a GB still to be sent and the other half still to be manufactured, and SP wasn't so busy as it seems to be right now, it would be much easier to commit right now.

Still... I'm very tempted :shock: .
That's kind of the point at the moment. It's so early that you just need to assume that what you want will be produced. Then it a few months time it can be reviewed based on what people want. Don't forget you can always change your order or get a refund if sets you require do not get produced.

Return to “Group buys”