Moogle kit for OG olivetti?

Orpheo

27 Oct 2016, 08:46

Does it exist? I am looking for a Moogle kit for blue on white double shots Olivetti keycaps.

For use with modern bottom row and center stem caps lock

kbdfr
The Tiproman

27 Oct 2016, 09:04

You really want to dissect such a rare collector's item just for the keycaps? :o

derzemel

27 Oct 2016, 09:55

there was a GB organized by Photekq about 2 years ago for GMK Olivetti sets. But I do not thing someone would ever want to sell you only the bottom row of those sets.

Orpheo

27 Oct 2016, 10:35

Sorry to be a profane, I didn't know they were so rare?
I love the blue fonts, the doubleshots, and the Cherry profile! Using them on another board is not blasphemy imho ^^

Wodan
ISO Advocate

27 Oct 2016, 10:57

Just build a WKL custom keyboard with off-center caps-lock switch. 1000x easier than trying to reach 150MOQ together with the other 12 happy olivetti owners ;)

Orpheo

27 Oct 2016, 11:18

The WKL board is a nice idea for sure, but when I gather all the bits I would need especially the case, the price was very very high. The korean boards is a bit too much for my blood. I would prefer a TKL form factor because 60% is a bit restrictive and forbid to show lots of the keycaps.
Last edited by Orpheo on 27 Oct 2016, 11:26, edited 1 time in total.

Orpheo

27 Oct 2016, 11:18

Does the Tai Hao olivette bottom row would fit both color and profile wise?

Khers

27 Oct 2016, 11:21

No and no

Orpheo

27 Oct 2016, 11:27

That is sad! I see I have to get used to use beige moogle kit then!

I should have asked you guys before buying a CM masterkeys S, maybe I should have use that money to find a nice vintage G80 3000 PCB with blacks and replace the MY switches board in that 2812...

Topre Enthusiast

27 Oct 2016, 11:31

Buy a cheap G80-3k and turn it into a TKL 8-)

Wodan
ISO Advocate

27 Oct 2016, 11:36

LOL Tai-Hao Lucky-Shots are considered to be an insult for those Olivetti Cherry caps.

That's like getting a nice '89 Porsche 911 Turbo and then paint it with a spray can from the hardware store.

Orpheo

27 Oct 2016, 12:04

The G80 cut into a TKL is so cool my God!

Ok I will forget those tai hao! hehe

Orpheo

27 Oct 2016, 12:10

Maybe there is cyan yellow pink GMK moogle kits out there? I would still have to use a mismatch caps lock...

kbdfr
The Tiproman

27 Oct 2016, 12:14

Orpheo wrote: […] I would prefer a TKL form factor because 60% is a bit restrictive and forbid to show lots of the keycaps.
Being myself a user of the AZERTY layout (where numbers on the number row are uppercase),
I wonder how you can cope without a numpad.

If you are looking for a smaller form factor, have you ever considered a G80-1800?
It has all keys of a standard keyboard, but a smaller footprint:

Not sure how difficult sourcing the few keys which differ from those in the standard layout would prove, though.

Orpheo

27 Oct 2016, 12:22

Thanks for the idea but I already considered this and the profil of the upper right keys, the 1u modifiers that would still be impossible to get for OG Olivetti fonts and the short right shift led me to go more for a G80 3000 style case.

I actually love the full size keyboard form factor. It is just that TKL boards are very appealing to me.

I will try a fun OG Olivetti disco RGB TKL withe the masterkeys pro S, windowed functions keys (I scored a Wey tec board earlier this month)
I will paint that coolermaster ugly rubber finish with some color, yet to define. A color that both enhanced the blue Olivetti font and that is cool in some way.

Orpheo

27 Oct 2016, 12:38

kbdfr wrote:
Orpheo wrote: […] I would prefer a TKL form factor because 60% is a bit restrictive and forbid to show lots of the keycaps.
Being myself a user of the AZERTY layout (where numbers on the number row are uppercase),

To cope with that I actually am a big Caps lock user!

Orpheo

27 Oct 2016, 12:45

002 wrote: Buy a cheap G80-3k and turn it into a TKL 8-)
I would love to see the final result of your incredible mod!

kbdfr
The Tiproman

27 Oct 2016, 12:52

Orpheo wrote:
kbdfr wrote:

To cope with that I actually am a big Caps lock user!
Must be fun to lock and unlock caps when writing a text like that:
On a dénombré entre 1989 et 2009 près de 800 personnes concernées, dont la majorité (61 %) avaient entre 35 et 45 ans et respectivement 18 % et 21 % étaient plus âgées (plus de 46 ans) ou plus jeunes (18 à 34 ans).
:lol: :lol:

Orpheo

27 Oct 2016, 14:34

Effectivement c'est plutôt la danse du "shift" droite ou gauche alors!

Orpheo

27 Oct 2016, 15:06

No Olivetti user have a solution to this problem?

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

27 Oct 2016, 15:09

Orpheo wrote: No Olivetti user have a solution to this problem?
You can use a colored mod pack like cymw mods to cover up the missing keys.

Orpheo

27 Oct 2016, 17:13

I will look into that thanks!

There is the enjoyPBT set that looks like olivetti. Anyone knows if it is an OK match?
80 bux for just the Moogle is pretty expensive though!

https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/Enjoypbt ... Title=true

maxmalkav
dye hard

28 Oct 2016, 11:12

Orpheo wrote: I will look into that thanks!

There is the enjoyPBT set that looks like olivetti. Anyone knows if it is an OK match?
80 bux for just the Moogle is pretty expensive though!

https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/Enjoypbt ... Title=true
I can tell you if you are a bit patient and wait until I visit my parents during Xmas :-)

I have a thing for those Cherry/Olivetti, I own an original PBT and another DS set, and I also jumped into the EnjoyPBT GB. I can take some pictures with the happy family together and you can judge if they properly matches or not (but that can only happen during Christmas when I'm travelling back to the place where my Olivetti stash is).

I got the EnjoyPBT to be sure I had something blue-ish and modern, I keep the original Olivetti sets for recreational use with the small GH60 you already saw :-)

Anyway, even if the match looks OK-ish, I would not mix PBT with ABS (but maybe it is just a personal thing)

Orpheo

31 Oct 2016, 08:18

Thanks it would be great to have group shots. I guess the grey would differ but a close match is OK for me.
I use Hadapter DS ABS with beige Cherry OG dyesub PBT and it's beautiful!
I can't wait to see the enjoypbt next to OG Olivetti !

Prelim

12 Nov 2016, 10:58

I also have a rare OG Olivetti dyesub board, although I prefer DS caps. Please take into account that the color tones between OG Olivetti DS and Dyesubs are very different... the best thing you can do is use the entire mods from the EnjoyPBT and only the alphas from the OG set.

Halvar

12 Nov 2016, 12:38

There was a GMK group buy recently for an adapter set called "bluegaloo". Maybe you can source one of these from classifieds.

photekq
Cherry Picker

12 Nov 2016, 12:54

I don't know if any of GMKs new colours would work, but I can say with certainty that with their previous swatch I couldn't find a matching colour to original Olivetti (both doubleshot and dyesub).

The Olivetti legend colour is noticeably darker than their old blue, and they didn't have a good match for the modifier colour either.

Orpheo

14 Nov 2016, 06:34

Thanks a lot! I still will be waiting for enjoyPBT to test but for now I decided that I will just use an old g80 3000 PCB Wodan is sending me thanks to him, inside the 2812 case. I have nice vintage clear switches to use, and maybe some spring swap for lighter feel. Will report back!

heymark

16 Dec 2016, 07:03

P61205-090819.jpg
P61205-090819.jpg (1.58 MiB) Viewed 5238 times
my olivetti also need mod :shock:

Orpheo

16 Dec 2016, 11:09

Nice!! Brazilian layout?
I am now using the Gmk cyan mod pack and this is such a beautiful combination, like a more acid Triumph Adler combo! The Olivetti alpha look so damn good with them!
I hope to find bluegaloo mods too.
The enjoypbt was never delivered so I cannot try this.

Regarding the OG Olivetti mods, I think they look wonderful with the OG Dolch alphas!

Return to “Keyboards”