[IC] YURI R1 GMK (Cherry profile)

Tombery

07 Apr 2016, 00:45

csmith wrote: Hey Tombery, sorry for any ignorance on my part, and any implication that the USSR was Nazi-ish. I know most Russians, along with the Germans, are nice, decent people like everyone else, whether their country is at war or not. I'm from the UK, and we have plenty blood on our hands too.

I should have been a bit more delicate about the whole thing. My bad.
Hey its ok :) Every nation has blood on their hands. There are no whiteknights with good intentions. But enough with politics.
I hope someday i'll visit london and scotland. I love scottish landscapes.
Phenix wrote: Any estimation when gb will start and how much the ergodox - kit costs? Depending on price I am in for one
Cant tell much right now, but there something moving under the idle surface ;) Depending on MDs schedule it might drop in near or far future. Basically i have no date but MD has interesst on Yuri.

For ergodox: you might look at Carbon ergodox kit pricing, it would cost probably the same. However this is not set in stone, because SP said they recalculate the pricing for SA profile. AFAIK Carbon had the pricing of DSA profile which has less plastic. What i am trying to say is that the prices may rise little bit.

Lipton

20 Apr 2016, 21:41

Beautiful color set! :D

armatus

25 Aug 2016, 12:59

thread is dead?
i want to buy this one on massdrop

7bit

25 Aug 2016, 15:05

Customers who where interested in the Yuri Gagarin Group Buy, where also interested in these group buys:
Round 5 (in stock :cool:)
Round 6 (in production :roll:)

:evilgeek:

Wodan
ISO Advocate

25 Aug 2016, 15:08

Too lazy to read the whole thread but NORDE kit plskthx!

Tombery

25 Aug 2016, 18:07

armatus wrote: thread is dead?
i want to buy this one on massdrop
Its sleeping not dead :lol:
Anyway first run will be done in cherry profile. Say GMK. Three custom colors adn doubleshot cyrillics with latins. Almost complete alphas overhaul.
Some 2D mockups (note some legends are not correct since i was chased by monsters while i did those renders):
orange (probably to much of orange):
deep blue (thats better probably):
and my dream (though it requires trippleshot molding but i'll ask GMK if they can do that):
7bit wrote: Customers who where interested in the Yuri Gagarin Group Buy, where also interested in these group buys:
Round 5 (in stock :cool:)
Round 6 (in production :roll:)

:evilgeek:
Go away! :lol:
Wodan wrote: Too lazy to read the whole thread but NORDE kit plskthx!
Thats gonna be hard since it will get new alphas. I am actually thinking about to left out iso :(

Rimrul

25 Aug 2016, 21:32

Tombery wrote: Anyway first run will be done in cherry profile. Say GMK. Three custom colors adn doubleshot cyrillics with latins. Almost complete alphas overhaul.
[...]
and my dream (though it requires trippleshot molding but i'll ask GMK if they can do that):
Damn this won't be anywhere near cheap with its 50/51/99/100 new molds. (depending on how you count them)
Tombery wrote: I am actually thinking about to left out iso :(
At that point a minimal ISO support probably won't change the price by much, if at all. I'm thinking ISO enter (doubleshot, molds exist), ISO left shift (doubleshot, molds exist), a C profile 1u |\/ key (tripleshot) and a B profile 1u |\/ key (tripleshot). This would certainly help with reaching MOQ.

daybreak365

30 Aug 2016, 03:13

Oh man, that tripleshot version is absolutely stunning. Would be enough to convince me to actually get the GMK set, even though I am almost exclusively SA these days.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

30 Aug 2016, 07:07

Tombery wrote:
Thats gonna be hard since it will get new alphas. I am actually thinking about to left out iso :(
Errrr maaaah gerrrrrrd.
Did you get a quote for that yet? GMK will probably suggest printed secondard legends. They didn't even make molds or the much more "common/useful" US International layout of the TA Royal drop.
Anyway, this looks like it's got 2k potential again, would be a so sweet if we had some international support :)

Tombery

30 Aug 2016, 18:25

Wodan wrote:
Tombery wrote:
Errrr maaaah gerrrrrrd.
Did you get a quote for that yet? GMK will probably suggest printed secondard legends. They didn't even make molds or the much more "common/useful" US International layout of the TA Royal drop.
Anyway, this looks like it's got 2k potential again, would be a so sweet if we had some international support :)
Dont know if GMK will do trippleshot. I doubt it but i will check it anyway. I have no plans so far for ISO but i will look into it. This will become pricey :)

Phenix
-p

31 Aug 2016, 00:45

absolutely beautiful set!
What about mono-digit numbers? Those are imo better than if only a few legends match my own layout

looneyperson

31 Aug 2016, 01:55

Two things
1)I wish these were PBT instead of ABS
2) Isn't SA backed up for 5-6 months. Its been like that for the past 3-4 years I wonder why SP won't invest in more tooling

duynguyenle

31 Aug 2016, 16:40

looneyperson wrote: Two things
1)I wish these were PBT instead of ABS
2) Isn't SA backed up for 5-6 months. Its been like that for the past 3-4 years I wonder why SP won't invest in more tooling
2 things:
1. GMK only makes ABS caps
2. Since this is now made by GMK in Cherry profile, SP has nothing to do with this.

Omikron

13 Nov 2016, 11:58

Is this one dead? :(

t8c

13 Nov 2016, 12:34

Omikron wrote: Is this one dead? :(
He is gonna run it pretty soon I think! :D https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=76 ... msg2300371

Tombery

14 Nov 2016, 20:51

Hey hey,

just a small update for you guys. This set will drop first in cherry profile and will be manufactured by GMK. Since i cant predict the success of this set i'll limit it first to just one base set.
Base Set

armatus

15 Nov 2016, 14:10

i'm wait till cyrillic version available

Tombery

13 Dec 2016, 22:34

Xpost from GH.

So i guess everybody is ok with the current Base Set? Keep in mind Yuri will drop pretty soonish.... And with a new Year i'll start to work on a new Project.

phinix

14 Dec 2016, 13:22

I'll wait for SA with ISO...

George_C

14 Dec 2016, 22:01

Being sold on MD?

Tombery

14 Dec 2016, 22:18

George_C wrote: Being sold on MD?
Exactly.

By the way current Base set iteration:

Griffy

14 Dec 2016, 23:31

a plea for norde.

Tombery

17 Dec 2016, 20:44

Ok here is the next update. (XPOST from GH)

Base kit

International kit

Cyrillic kit

Icon mods kit

Ergodox/Planck kit

Novelties

Community kit

Spacebar kit

scottc

17 Dec 2016, 20:51

You know GMK already have an actual Deskthority logo mold made, right?

Tombery

17 Dec 2016, 21:19

scottc wrote: You know GMK already have an actual Deskthority logo mold made, right?
I've no permission to use it. The DT logo is owned by DT Club.

Griffy

18 Dec 2016, 18:29

Yay :mrgreen:

scottc

18 Dec 2016, 20:19

You could just ask to use it - I don't think the club would have any issues.

Muirium
µ

18 Dec 2016, 20:24

7bit gets to use it without even asking, after all…

Tombery

18 Dec 2016, 20:39

scottc wrote: You could just ask to use it - I don't think the club would have any issues.
I've asked already and afaik there was a discussion between DT club members. Some members were against using the DT logo in my sets. I respect this and would use that logo only with a full DT club permission. And trust i would love to use it.
Muirium wrote: 7bit gets to use it without even asking, after all…
Others designers use that logo also without permission. I was already once burnt by using some ones logo without permission (though i thought that logo was free for use), since then i ask always for permission or i make my own logo. Its just for safety.

Tombery

19 Dec 2016, 23:11

(XPOST from GH)
Ok here is the next update and i hope the last one. I will not introduce any new child deals/kits. I think this is way too much already but we'll see.

Base set
Added "00" key.
Numpad "5" is bar instead of nipple.

Icon Mods
Added missing Tab key

Cyrillics
Added "/\" key for iso. However there is no proper russian iso available and there is no proper key next to the iso short key, thus the key "><|" available in base kit makes more sense. Basically the russian iso is not defined and it does not exist officially.

Glorious keys
Sure we can discuss the chosen colors.

I think its more then enough for the first run. I will not add any new keys, atleast only if these are really necessary. Check the kits and if you find some errors, i would appreciate if you point these out in this IC.

Return to “Group buys”