Electronics Plus Mini EU Group Buy. CLOSED

andrewjoy

17 Mar 2017, 13:17

Will be paying customs this weekend I will then work out what each person has to pay and combine it with your shipping.

I will prob absorb some of the admin fees as it don't think its fair that people not form the UK get fucked by the UK

Applet

17 Mar 2017, 14:37

fantastic! :)

kekstee

17 Mar 2017, 15:37

Sounds good.

I'm surprised there are admin fees for customs processing. Kind of absurd. Has someone privatized customs offices by chance?

andrewjoy

17 Mar 2017, 18:43

They charge you for the privilege of them processing the customs. They argue that them doing this for you is a "service"

In short they charge you for the privilege of charging you.

Fun fact , if your under the amount to pay customs and the processing fee pushes it over the threshold , they charge you customs on the whole thing.

Once i had something shipped and they did not charge me before the delivered it and then sent an invoice. I filed that invoice in the shredder , that was about 8 years ago now and they have still not chaced it up :P

kawasaki161

23 Mar 2017, 23:31

So, any updates yet?
I don't want to be pushy, but this order is the last thing of the puzzle I'm waiting on.

andrewjoy

24 Mar 2017, 10:55

The packages have arrived .

In work at the moment will look at them tomorrow

Regards

duynguyenle

25 Mar 2017, 01:27

Thank you for the update :D

kekstee

26 Mar 2017, 17:59

So, how soon should I get my hopes up?

andrewjoy

27 Mar 2017, 11:03

Soon

I forgot that it was mothers day in the UK this weekend so that took time away from it

Will have to clear some space in my office tonight and try to start going through them

andrewjoy

28 Mar 2017, 11:58

I mangled to clear some space in my office last night so will start unboxing tonight

snoopy

28 Mar 2017, 12:34

yeah! hype!

andrewjoy

28 Mar 2017, 21:34

All open , everything appears it got here intact. Sorry but i could not resist opening a 104 and taking a look :P.

I have unwrapped the AEK1s to make sure that i get one with orange alps ( sorry but GB leader privilege :P) . Just opening it now and ewwwwweee gross.

Nothing that the ultrasonic and some Sticky Stuff remover cannot solve.

Plate is tip top , but its full of human slime and what i can only describe as private hair !!!! I double gloved for this one.

elecplus

28 Mar 2017, 21:56

Those AEK I came from a school secretary desk. They are all supposed to be working. You never know what you will find inside a keyboard. Found a whole stash of expensive gamer boards that people stuffed dimes into the tiny little slot in the case to short them out. Keyboards full of dimes make a funny rattle!

andrewjoy

28 Mar 2017, 23:03

Oh it totally works fine 100% the orange alps feel like new.

It was just totally gross.

Its fine now as you can tell as i am typing this post on it
IMG_20170328_220028.jpg
IMG_20170328_220028.jpg (1008.92 KiB) Viewed 5164 times
IMG_20170328_220053.jpg
IMG_20170328_220053.jpg (1.25 MiB) Viewed 5164 times
Its not that yellow it just looks it as its quite dark in here and the LED bulb is a cheap one and has a terrible CRI

EDIT

also fuck apple and there homing bumps on d and k , fuck them! Its so bloody annoying.

andrewjoy

29 Mar 2017, 10:54

Current progress.

Looking for boxes that are A) cheap and B) will fit the boards.
Calculating import Duty

Anyone who knows where i can get decent boxes that will fit a full sized keyboard with room for bubble wrap let me know ASAP

Also , if anyone wants to take advantage of the ultrasonic cleaner let me know and i will run your caps through it, i just need some keycap pullers as i broke 2 of the things stripping my AEK for cleaning ( the stupid F row caps will not come off easy !!!)

This is a limited offer , first come first served i don't want to have to ultrasonic all the boards :P

AEK 1 people i have already given your keyboards a wipe, nothing major they still need cleaning but the surface grime is gone.

Applet

29 Mar 2017, 11:10

Fantastic! :mrgreen: No need for ultrasonic cleaning for me, I'll sort it out myself (but I'd love the oranges ;) )

Yes, the homing bumps are a pain. I just switch D and F, and K and J to have the correct homing.

kekstee

29 Mar 2017, 11:22

Yep, no cleaning for me either. I'll sort that out myself.
Also Cindy already scrubbed my SSK.

kawasaki161

29 Mar 2017, 15:20

I also don't need any cleaning.

andrewjoy

29 Mar 2017, 16:14

I still need to find boxes .

Any idea UK people ?

Zombimuncha

29 Mar 2017, 21:52

Supermarkets have lots of boxes. Probly too big, but you could always throw in extra bubblewrap, or scrunched up newspaper.

Nuum

29 Mar 2017, 22:42

Rajapack.de has these nice boxes that webwit uses for his keyboards: http://www.rajapack.de/kartons-schachte ... 00572.html
The last one, BOR50, fit's keyboards quite well.
There is http://www.rajapack.co.uk/ as well, but I can't find the exact same format there.

webwit
Wild Duck

29 Mar 2017, 22:49

I just got some new ones.
rajapack.jpg
rajapack.jpg (501.56 KiB) Viewed 5040 times

andrewjoy

29 Mar 2017, 22:55

keyboard boxes !!!!
CPL52UK is the slightly larger version in the uk store

thank you so much !!!

andrewjoy

30 Mar 2017, 10:55

Update

Boxes are on order

pansku
Member of the Beam Spring cult

30 Mar 2017, 18:09

If the shipping weight of my Wyse crosses a certain threshold (often 2kg) where the shipping costs skyrocket, is it possible that you send the "filet" only? I think it was wodan who used that term for the PCB + switches (+plate).

Shinryuu

30 Mar 2017, 23:06

pansku wrote: If the shipping weight of my Wyse crosses a certain threshold (often 2kg) where the shipping costs skyrocket, is it possible that you send the "filet" only? I think it was wodan who used that term for the PCB + switches (+plate).
Ah, right. We're both from the same country and that's pretty true. Guess this applies to me as well; I ordered a IBM M SSK. Let's see what happens.

EDIT1. Also.. I don't think I need any cleaning.

andrewjoy

31 Mar 2017, 00:57

pansku wrote: If the shipping weight of my Wyse crosses a certain threshold (often 2kg) where the shipping costs skyrocket, is it possible that you send the "filet" only? I think it was wodan who used that term for the PCB + switches (+plate).

i will look into it when i start packing

andrewjoy

02 Apr 2017, 14:36

Update

Still waiting for boxes to be delivered

kekstee

02 Apr 2017, 23:16

Say, no package delivery on Sundays.

Please let us know once you get a quote on customs and shipping though.

andrewjoy

03 Apr 2017, 12:09

to clarify , the keybaords have arrived i am waiting for new boxes to ship them out in

Return to “Group buys”