Does anyone here own an actual Wyse WY85 terminal?

developstopfix

30 Apr 2017, 17:05

The keyboard has come up a few times in the past, but does anyone have the actual terminal it works with? I know this isn't really the forum for this but I was hoping someone with the terminal could measure some voltages on the main PCB for me. Or just point me to a copy of the maintenance manual, which seems impossible to find.

elecplus

30 Apr 2017, 22:24

Depending on where you are located, I might be able to get you into a shop where they have a terminal you can take apart and play with.

developstopfix

30 Apr 2017, 23:57

elecplus wrote: Depending on where you are located, I might be able to get you into a shop where they have a terminal you can take apart and play with.
That'd be great. I'm in NYC but have a car so can travel to the surrounding area if it isn't too far. I don't even need to completely dismantle the thing, the PCB slides out the back after removing 2 small screws and the points I need to measure from are like 2 inches from the rear edge. In case it matters, basically I'm trying to determine if the PCB from a WY85 will work with the housing/CRT from a WY50 which uses the same form factor and 12-pin connected for power in and video out (but can emulate a DEC VT220, which the WY50 cannot)

elecplus

02 May 2017, 18:37

My NYC guy does not have one for you to play with :-( I will keep an eye out for you though. You can buy a screen burned working one for $75 plus shipping, if you want that.

Return to “Keyboards”