Buckling spring Deskthority DT keycaps

the_ambyguous

08 Jun 2017, 21:46

XMIT wrote: There is a guy in Houston who came to our last keyboard meetup who was experimenting with dye sub. Let me get in touch with him...
wait.. you live in Houston?! damn, I really missed out on that meetup

the_ambyguous

08 Jun 2017, 21:47

also put me down for one pebble and one pearl =)

codemonkeymike

08 Jun 2017, 22:46

the_ambyguous wrote:
XMIT wrote: There is a guy in Houston who came to our last keyboard meetup who was experimenting with dye sub. Let me get in touch with him...
wait.. you live in Houston?! damn, I really missed out on that meetup
I think the meetup was in Austin, if I'm not mistaken.

krutmob

09 Jun 2017, 17:57

In for a pebble.

Also that meetup was technically in Round Rock.

Phenix
-p

09 Jun 2017, 18:57

I will take 1 peeple 1 red. will likely have to update tough

Khers

10 Jun 2017, 00:16

Seeing how Mu is not very active these days, I'd like to buy one or two (pebble, I guess) for him as well, in addition to the ones I get for myself.

pr0ximity

10 Jun 2017, 12:23

In for 1 pebble :)

codemonkeymike

12 Jun 2017, 14:21

Khers wrote: Seeing how Mu is not very active these days, I'd like to buy one or two (pebble, I guess) for him as well, in addition to the ones I get for myself.
I'll be holding some stock for less active DT members.

webwit
Wild Duck

12 Jun 2017, 14:48

I'd buy a couple, don't know yet which colors.

wobbled

12 Jun 2017, 14:54

webwit wrote: I'd buy a couple, don't know yet which colors.
Get a couple of each, then you can't go wrong

Scarpia

12 Jun 2017, 21:09

I figure these will make for great little drop-in gifts in future surprise boxes etc.

codemonkeymike

03 Jul 2017, 16:31

Hey there, I will be putting the order in tonight by shipping the blank keycaps to the Dye Sub supplier. Here is a picture of the print on a DSA keycap that the supplier did ( https://imgur.com/a/roerE ) He noted that "the black is much darker and crisper than it appears in this potato pic". Also sphericals have more distortion (DSA), the cylindricals of buckling springs should show no distortion in the vertical plane. Pre-order is not an obligation to buy but I would implore you to cancel your order if you don't want to buy. Also I will be purchasing about 5 extra of the 3 most popular colors (ea) for those who are less active. The price is about $6 before shipping, I will price out the shipping to various places in Europe today.

Scottex

03 Jul 2017, 18:25

Nice to see that this is still alive

webwit
Wild Duck

03 Jul 2017, 19:55

One of each color that makes it, please.

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

03 Jul 2017, 20:12

I'll take four red ones please.

I live near Austin. The last meet up was in Houston. There is another Austin meetup coming in August. Details on Reddit, I'll cross post it here in a bit.

codemonkeymike

03 Jul 2017, 20:16

XMIT wrote: I'll take four red ones please.

I live near Austin. The last meet up was in Houston. There is another Austin meetup coming in August. Details on Reddit, I'll cross post it here in a bit.
Ah forgot to note, thanks to XMIT for communicating with the seller and making this happen! Are you going to have the supplier bring yours to the meetup?

alh84001
v.001

03 Jul 2017, 20:22

Damn, I almost missed this! Mark me down tentatively for:
- Pearl
- Pebble
- White
- Red

codemonkeymike

03 Jul 2017, 20:30

Here we go this will likely be the numbers ordered. No yellow or green due to lack of interest and to keep things simple. There will be some extras of each color, hopefully not too many (It's at about 10 extras right now). People who said they wanted "a colored keycap" can choose from red or light blue or white. Colored keycaps will be $0.70 more because of Unicomp pricing.

10 light blue
5 pearl
30 pebble
15 red
5 white

pansku
Member of the Beam Spring cult

03 Jul 2017, 20:53

I'll go with red for my coloured one.

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

03 Jul 2017, 21:18

codemonkeymike wrote:
XMIT wrote: I'll take four red ones please.

Ah forgot to note, thanks to XMIT for communicating with the seller and making this happen! Are you going to have the supplier bring yours to the meetup?
May as well, I'm in no hurry at all.

//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

03 Jul 2017, 22:20

I want to change my order to one white, one red, and one light blue - if you haven't put in the order yet!

martink

03 Jul 2017, 22:25

If it's not too late, I'd like to order 2 pearl, 1 pebble, 2 light blue.

duynguyenle

04 Jul 2017, 02:00

Wow this is the first time I've seen this. Is it not to late to get one or two?

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

06 Aug 2017, 04:33

Any update here?

depletedvespene

06 Aug 2017, 05:08

duynguyenle wrote: Wow this is the first time I've seen this. Is it not to late to get one or two?
Can I get to ask the same thing, one month later?

wokechill

28 Aug 2017, 21:26

hey everyone! i'm the formerly silent dye-sublimater from Houston! my first attempt to make this project happen ended strangely once i realize that these caps actually have a much lower melting point that all other PBT caps I've used in previous projects and the short time frame i had to do this in (an afternoon). the image transfer onto the caps was quite good in those caps that did not melt, but due to these other limitations and rushing it to XMIT for the Austin Meetup it didn't come together in time.

since then i've been designing and making my website, but now that that's off the ground, i'm revisiting this project! can everyone who still wants a cap post or PM me to confirm with their quantity and color of unicomp cap? (http://www.pckeyboard.com/page/product/KEY) i now have a thermistor-based feedback system to control my hot-plate's temperature, so i expect much better, more consistent results!

wobbled

28 Aug 2017, 22:10

wokechill wrote: hey everyone! i'm the formerly silent dye-sublimater from Houston! my first attempt to make this project happen ended strangely once i realize that these caps actually have a much lower melting point that all other PBT caps I've used in previous projects and the short time frame i had to do this in (an afternoon). the image transfer onto the caps was quite good in those caps that did not melt, but due to these other limitations and rushing it to XMIT for the Austin Meetup it didn't come together in time.

since then i've been designing and making my website, but now that that's off the ground, i'm revisiting this project! can everyone who still wants a cap post or PM me to confirm with their quantity and color of unicomp cap? (http://www.pckeyboard.com/page/product/KEY) i now have a thermistor-based feedback system to control my hot-plate's temperature, so i expect much better, more consistent results!
Glad you're focusing on this again, I am definitely still interested in mine

(1 red 1 blue 1 pebble)

pixelheresy

28 Aug 2017, 22:46

Will proudly join this group buy. Put me down for one pearl and one pebble.

Khers

28 Aug 2017, 22:49

Khers wrote: I'd buy two pebble and a red one, if available.
Interest confirmed!

Scarpia

28 Aug 2017, 22:52

Two pebble and a light blue for me, thanks

Return to “Group buys”