Khers' collection

MrDuul

29 May 2017, 16:57

Khers wrote: Haha, if the quality of your HHKB review is anything to go by, I'd rather not waste my time. :maverick:
That was a troll review...

Ahhhhh man, I better just make a new account now.

snoopy

29 May 2017, 16:59

MrDuul wrote:
Khers wrote: Haha, if the quality of your HHKB review is anything to go by, I'd rather not waste my time. :maverick:
That was a troll review...

Ahhhhh man, I better just make a new account now.
that won't help. we will recognise you within the first couple of posts... ;)

MrDuul

29 May 2017, 17:01

How do I redeem my credibility snoopy?

Khers

29 May 2017, 17:08

Provide some quality content, text, pictures, videos of your keyboards instead of fucking around. And stop spamming.

MrDuul

29 May 2017, 17:09

Khers wrote: Provide some quality content, text, pictures, videos of your keyboards instead of fucking around. And stop spamming.
ok :oops: :(

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

29 May 2017, 17:19

Khers wrote: Provide some quality content, text, pictures, videos of your keyboards instead of fucking around. And stop spamming.
Word.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

29 May 2017, 17:29

Reading DT can be reinvigorating at times :lol:

taylorswiftttttt

29 May 2017, 22:45

removed
Last edited by taylorswiftttttt on 25 May 2022, 11:15, edited 1 time in total.

MrDuul

29 May 2017, 23:49

Alright calm down geeks, take a joke now!

I might submerge a Kishsaver in a pot of boiling hot oil and live stream it.

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

30 May 2017, 00:17

MrDuul wrote: Alright calm down geeks, take a joke now!

So far, you're not listening.

I like the idea of posting photos of your own collection. Do that.

MrDuul

30 May 2017, 00:39

XMIT wrote:
MrDuul wrote: Alright calm down geeks, take a joke now!

So far, you're not listening.

I like the idea of posting photos of your own collection. Do that.

How is Austin, TX? Thinking about moving there! Yes yes photos are coming soon.

Khers

19 Jul 2017, 11:00

Updated with two new keyboards:
Khers wrote: [...]
Blue is the new Blue (TMK Alps64 PCB with SKCM Blue Alps)
I figured I didn't use the Blue Alps Party enough, mostly due to me liking the HHKB layout too much. So I built another one. Got a plate (thanks for the design, emdude!) cut and media blasted with Lasergist, PCB once again from master hasu and the case had to be the blue Hammer clone from the Blue Alps Party above, while that one is in search of a new one. SKCM Blues, because I happen to like them. They don't sound particularly nice in this implementation, however. Almost as bad as the supposedly SKCM Blues in Chyros' intros. Keycaps are from an AEK and an ASK. Spacebar's got jaundice.

[...]

Noxary X60, 60g Nixdorf Black
Founders Edition 20/30. It's not often that I'm as hyped as I was for this keyboard when the GB launched. A bumpy ride and endless delays later, most of the hype was gone when this puppy was delivered. I was in for a surprise, it's a beautiful little board. CNC'd custom 60 that takes any and every Poker-compatible PCB. Mine uses a GON NerD 60 Mekanisk edition in mint green, soon to be running TMK by virtue of DanielT's excellent guide. Switches are Nixdorf Blacks with 60g gold plated SpriT springs, polycarbonate switch films from Kin25 and Krytox lube. Most of the keycaps are sourced from the Cherry MY3100 seen below, with the E-profile \| and C-profile Control coming from HADditionals and the B-profile, 1.75u Shift originating from a Cherry 1800 HAU-set. Stabilizers are vintage Cherry screw ins (that did not require clipping) with gold plated wires from SpriT. Lubed with a combination of Superlube dry teflon lube, Superlube teflon grease and Krytox oil and band-aid modded. All in all, this is one smooth board.
[...]

Luna
Alt255

21 Mar 2018, 05:30

I discovered your thread yesterday and it was an enjoyable read.
Very informative as well and I found me some nice tips on switches I have to try out. Thanks!

Khers

21 Mar 2018, 14:16

You're welcome! Good luck hunting for nixies ;)

(though in all seriousness, vintage blacks is the same thing)

Luna
Alt255

21 Mar 2018, 14:32

Thanks for letting me know. I'll be hunting down 4 single switches for my tester first though and as they're quite hard to get check first if I like them enough to go through the trouble and spend the $$$ to chase them.
The switches are: Panda, Holy Panda, Nixie, and Hirose Cherry MX Orange. Smooth and lightly tactile medium to heavy weight seems to be my preference but I have been intersted in linear for some time as well and Kaihl Box Heavy Dark Yellow and Tealio only increased that interest.
I used to be a clicky user before I knew what I was doing (and knew linears existed) with mechanical keyboards but these days seem to be over. I did acquire the switches to make me a Zealiostotle and Zilentstotle though just out of curiosity.
While I'm at it I'll get me some Matias Clicky, Quiet Clicky, Quiet Linear as well to try out.

Khers

12 Dec 2018, 17:26

Updated this with some new keyboards. The acquisition rate has dropped significantly over the years. Only two three additions since last time (TX60, LZ CLS s x h and MX5k). Unless I forgot something.

Return to “Gallery”