[IC] Bleach60 - Aruz and SMK compatible 60%

Dra

18 Apr 2017, 23:06

Hey,

MeltyBurrito (aka Dr. Nu) made a 60% PCB for Aruz and SMK. I'm helping him with the IC and distribution.

The Bleach60 is an Aruz and SMK compatible 60% PCB, compatible with the most standard layouts and programmable via QMK. These PCBs will fit in all standard 60% cases. Along with this there's also plates available if there's enough interest.

Shipping will be handled by both of us, with MeltyBurrito shipping from Australia and me shipping from Germany.

Price for the PCB including parts is approximately 40$ (25$ for the PCB, 15$ for the parts), keep in mind that this is only an approximation and is subject to change. As of now we don't have quotes for the plates.

Feel free to leave questions here and we'll try to answer them.

EDIT 20.4.:
There won't be any ISO support for this run. Sorry ISO folks!
Updated the form to be more specific regarding the stabilizers

EDIT 20.5.:
ISO support has been added and prototypes are in the work right now

EDIT 30.9:
Apologies for the inactivities, I had to focus on different things in life for a while, putting keyboards and this IC in the background.
Current progress is me holding the PCB prototype in hand, there's one that's already built with SMK switches, which you can find on reddit using this link:
https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyb ... build_log/

What's happening right now:
We're having some issues with cases that have a tighter USB cutout, since the PCB covers the USB port they sometimes don't fit, Dr. Nu is working on fixing this issue.
I'm currently waiting on Lasergist to cut the Aruz plate, which would be the last step in finishing the prototype process (for Aruz that is).

EDIT 28.10.:
Putting this on pause for at least a month due to work stress

Pictures of the actual PCB (current Prototype):
https://imgur.com/a/ArDRP

IC Form:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1eG_KL3 ... Vt4Nr5Gu4/

Renders of the PCB (Final PCB will be black):
http://imgur.com/a/b27kB
Last edited by Dra on 28 Oct 2017, 15:50, edited 5 times in total.

Exentio

20 Apr 2017, 09:37

Are you sure about the design? Instead of holes for the plastic pin on the bottom you put a cross on the silkscreen. I'm pretty sure you can't even mount the switches, even if there are holes for PCB-mounting the switches, and the electrical pins probably aren't long enough to reach the pads on the PCB and be soldered, without that central hole

pomk

20 Apr 2017, 09:44

Maybe this is an alps only board? Though I don't see the point of the 'pcb-mount' -pin holes if that is the case.

Daniel Beardsmore

20 Apr 2017, 09:48

Which central pin? Neither Aruz nor SMK switches have one.

The PCB mount holes are needed for most 2nd generation SMK switches though.

Exentio

20 Apr 2017, 10:03

I thought they needed the central pin like Cherries, in that case it's fine

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

20 Apr 2017, 10:52

I would definitely buy one ;) . Is there already a start date for the GB?

duynguyenle

20 Apr 2017, 19:21

From the renders I assume no ISO support? That sucks :(

neon_tom

20 Apr 2017, 19:27

This is interesting. If I had a line on some switches, I'd definitely pick one up. Heck, I'd probably get one regardless.

Dra

20 Apr 2017, 19:54

We don't have a fixed starting date for the GB, but expect it to go live in about 2 weeks, we'll notify everyone who left their username in the IC form once it does.

And yes, no ISO support for this run. Sorry!

Daniel Beardsmore

24 Apr 2017, 20:20

A quick check on AliExpress for SMK keyboard switches only turns up the white type above and the extortionately-priced illuminated SMK mount type. No orange linear ones showing.

MX mount, clicky type that you get in Laser keyboards:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-gen ... 02294.html

codemonkeymike

24 Apr 2017, 23:28

Will the plate and pcb work with Monterey blues?

Daniel Beardsmore

25 Apr 2017, 00:37

I don't like how the nudge feature rewrites history by altering my post date. Horrible ludicrous garbage that screws up valid data.

They seem to be compatible. I don't have Alps mount blue to hand, only white, and the plate dimensions are 0.1 mm shorter in one axis. Should be fine. The terminals are in the same position. What I do notice is that the Alps mount version brings the PCB and plate a little bit closer.

Dra

20 May 2017, 16:56

Little bump since ISO support has been added which should be a big deal for some people

Tuntematon

15 Jun 2017, 04:58

Are the layout options absolutely finalized? I'd love to see a split space option.

ipreferpie

25 Jun 2017, 07:10

Any updates on this? Also, I'm just wondering do MX plates work on these? I heard SMK Monterey blues work generally with MX plates and costar stabilizers. Very interested in getting 2 PCBs myself

keebcat

25 Jun 2017, 14:41

ipreferpie wrote: Any updates on this? Also, I'm just wondering do MX plates work on these? I heard SMK Monterey blues work generally with MX plates and costar stabilizers. Very interested in getting 2 PCBs myself
Hey, SMK switches will work in a Cherry plate so you'd be good to go. Not 100 percent sure about the costar stabs (Dr. Nu says you might have to bend the wires)

Also, the Bleach60 prototypes come in tomorrow.

ipreferpie

25 Jun 2017, 15:15

good to know! I'm planning on using it with Xondat's upcoming X60. Couple of more questions:
1) So the SMK switches in both Monterey and MX Orange/White should work on MX plates?
2) If costar stabs don't work, I'm happy to use Cherry stabs, which I like even more as long as the PCB has mounts for it
3) any word on holtite compatibility?
4) Would the firmware use QMK?
Thanks for all that! Really excited for this

keebcat

26 Jun 2017, 04:57

ipreferpie wrote: good to know! I'm planning on using it with Xondat's upcoming X60. Couple of more questions:
1) So the SMK switches in both Monterey and MX Orange/White should work on MX plates?
2) If costar stabs don't work, I'm happy to use Cherry stabs, which I like even more as long as the PCB has mounts for it
3) any word on holtite compatibility?
4) Would the firmware use QMK?
Thanks for all that! Really excited for this
1)Yes, just keep in mind that if the holes are too wide they won't clip in
2) You can use costar stabs if you bend your own wires, but PCB mount cherry will work also
3) IDK (aruz have wide pins and smks have one thin pin and one that's just a wire, the ones you order for Cherry probably wont work.)
4) Default firmware will probably be TMK, but QMK will be supported too

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

26 Jun 2017, 09:46

Ok, now with Iso support it's perfect.

ipreferpie

27 Jun 2017, 04:18

Very excited to join the GB once it is up!

asdfghjkl123456789

05 Jul 2017, 11:49

i see no post lately :shock:
i must reply

hi
i am intrested
when can i buy a pcb
and where can i get SMK switches for cheap :?:
:D

ipreferpie

20 Jul 2017, 05:42

hey there, how's the project progressing? now that I receive my X60 board, I'd love to have this PCB in and join the GB

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

02 Aug 2017, 22:43

Also interested in a update.

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

01 Sep 2017, 18:46

Update?

Tuntematon

01 Sep 2017, 21:27

hypkx wrote: Update?
There was some recent discussion here:

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

01 Sep 2017, 21:32

Tuntematon wrote:
hypkx wrote: Update?
There was some recent discussion here:

So there is hope, I already thought the IC died or something.

Dra

30 Sep 2017, 17:07

Little revival here, it's (sort of) back in action, check the posts for updates.

The current firmware is running through QMK and the SMK switches fit in cherry plates without a problem as long as they don't have the side cutouts for top removal.

ipreferpie

30 Sep 2017, 17:08

Awesome! Any chance we can start placing orders for a GB?

Dra

30 Sep 2017, 17:18

We're not taking orders as of now since we want to make sure everything is working correctly once the actual groupbuy starts, we're currently waiting on the aruz plate, after that we should be good to go

Nuum

30 Sep 2017, 17:30

Which layouts, specifically bottom row configurations, are supported by the PCB?

Return to “Group buys”