Price Check: How much is my _____ worth?

Daniel Beardsmore

29 Sep 2017, 23:36

2ter wrote: You can recognize it as a cherry mx white switch by the little stub on the slider. it feels similar to mx blue switches, only that some click and some don't. as far as i know this happens because of the grease that is applied to the slider by the factory.
Those aren't modern white, they're vintage white/click clear. Not common, and poorly understood. I've considered that MX Blue may be a version where it was allowed to click. (And Dark Blue may be a derivation, as my Dark Blue switches have grease stains and don't click.)

That's definitely an important one to document in detail.

Dinglichao

01 Oct 2017, 07:19

I have a special version of the apple extended keyboard (the first one, not aek II) model number m0115C, couldnt find documentation on the wiki for it... anyone know what its worth?

Daniel Beardsmore

01 Oct 2017, 13:15

In what way is it special? And more importantly, what condition are the switches in?

Dinglichao

02 Oct 2017, 05:06

Idk if its special haha, it' just there no mention of the model on the internet... the switches are orange alps, works great, no sticky keys and I just cleaned it up. Never been retr0bright.

purdobol

06 Oct 2017, 12:14

What's the estimated worth of Monterey K-108 with complicated white alps. Very good condition, only case slighltly yellowed and there's one leg missing.

Negotiating trade right now so it'll be useful to know :)
Thanks in advance.

orihalcon

09 Oct 2017, 20:42

Dinglichao wrote: I have a special version of the apple extended keyboard (the first one, not aek II) model number m0115C, couldnt find documentation on the wiki for it... anyone know what its worth?
The M0115C is the Canadian Version :)

Not too surprising that you found one given that you are in Canada per your profile info!

I have a couple of them, otherwise they are the same as the M0115 with the same physical layout.

Daniel Beardsmore

11 Oct 2017, 23:11

Why would one country need its own model?

Elrick

15 Oct 2017, 03:54

Daniel Beardsmore wrote: Why would one country need its own model?

Suspect it's either French or British designation here, hence it's uniqueness of still holding onto the OLD world instead of embracing their current standing :lol: .

We here in Convict Land still worship the British but have to put that aside for our new found admiration of North America. We operate like Italians, always side with the greater force and ALL of their ideology, just so you could remain relevant within the 21st Century.

Far better to be like a toothless chihuahua on a chain, pulled along by it's US master :D .

19 Oct 2017, 19:24

Hello, can anyone help me with these two:

1. Cherry G80-1134 HAX /01 (Cherry MX Black / Vintage Cherry MX Black) - USED - UK layout- few keys are not working.
2. Cherry MultiBoard V2 G80-8000 LUVDE-0 /00 (Cherry MX Black) - NEW - German layout - literally unboxed it today and took the plastic off the cable. Comes with the original box, manual and CD.
Last edited by 1337. on 07 Nov 2017, 22:32, edited 1 time in total.

orihalcon

20 Oct 2017, 05:53

How much would a pre-Xwhatsit-converted, new capsense PCB installed 66-Key 3277 Beamspring with solenoid/solenoid driver be worth? Was trying to see if anyone would trade me a different beamspring that I don't have for it since I have an extra, but so far, no dice. Haven't bumped that thread in a while, so maybe I'll do that first.

Half tempted to put it on ebay and see what happens since there really isn't a precedent for what that would go for at auction as far as I know. If I did a buy it now instead of auction, what buy it now price would you make it?

I could then apply the funds to some other beamspring purchase in the future I'm thinking, so sort of like the original trade idea, but in a roundabout way :)

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

20 Oct 2017, 07:20

orihalcon wrote: How much would a pre-Xwhatsit-converted, new capsense PCB installed 66-Key 3277 Beamspring with solenoid/solenoid driver be worth? Was trying to see if anyone would trade me a different beamspring that I don't have for it since I have an extra, but so far, no dice. Haven't bumped that thread in a while, so maybe I'll do that first.

Half tempted to put it on ebay and see what happens since there really isn't a precedent for what that would go for at auction as far as I know. If I did a buy it now instead of auction, what buy it now price would you make it?

I could then apply the funds to some other beamspring purchase in the future I'm thinking, so sort of like the original trade idea, but in a roundabout way :)
Like I just posted in your sales/trade post it would be really good to know what shape your 3277 is in? Even with damage it will still be worth a lot.

TheNacho
delicious.

20 Oct 2017, 14:26

Let me try again. Could I please get a price check on these?

stock Novatouch, no caps
Novatouch 55gr, Hypersphere'd, no caps
SSK with Pexon Cable

Merci!

Myoth

21 Oct 2017, 15:31

the stock novatouch can go for like $180, the HS'd 55g one I don't know .. and the SSK maybe $210 ?

zooksman

22 Oct 2017, 03:35

Just found a Datatech SPK-100 with blue alps! I can't find much information on this specific model, though I saw one go for almost $350 on eBay... anyone have any realistic price estimates?

consolation

22 Oct 2017, 03:36

IIRC, a while ago, a 55g NT with HS went for 250$ on r/mechmarket, including box and all the trimmings; not sure how representative that is, r/mm can be a crap shoot.
zooksman wrote: Just found a Datatech SPK-100 with blue alps! I can't find much information on this specific model, though I saw one go for almost $350 on eBay... anyone have any realistic price estimates?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/DATATECH-SPK-1 ... 1460530421 seems a more realistic number, this is before Chyrosran single handedly ;) created a vintage alps bubble, so maybe add 50-100%. Assuming it's in NIB condition, Alps value is incredibly condition dependant and they are really vulnerable to dust and dirt.

PS. Based on my "what's the most I'd conceivably pay for it" thumb twiddling - take with a spoon of salt.

zooksman

22 Oct 2017, 04:06

consolation wrote: IIRC, a while ago, a 55g NT with HS went for 250$ on r/mechmarket, including box and all the trimmings; not sure how representative that is, r/mm can be a crap shoot.
zooksman wrote: Just found a Datatech SPK-100 with blue alps! I can't find much information on this specific model, though I saw one go for almost $350 on eBay... anyone have any realistic price estimates?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/DATATECH-SPK-1 ... 1460530421 seems a more realistic number, this is before Chyrosran single handedly ;) created a vintage alps bubble, so maybe add 50-100%. Assuming it's in NIB condition, Alps value is incredibly condition dependant and they are really vulnerable to dust and dirt.

PS. Based on my "what's the most I'd conceivably pay for it" thumb twiddling - take with a spoon of salt.
Thanks. If I'm totally honest, I really had no idea about blue Alps until I saw his videos, but trying them out in person, they feel absolutely fantastic. The board was a bit dirty, but it cleaned up pretty nicely and the switches don't feel scratchy. That said some are more tactile than others it seems. I also haven't yet dusted the switches out.

Khronokrator

22 Oct 2017, 06:18

Same. I wasn't really part of the community until early 2015-ish, which was right around the time that chyros was publishing his first videos. Of those, the one which had *by far* the most views was his review of his ridiculously pristine mint KB-101A. :P

After that, I and everyone else on the internet decided they simply had to have blue Alps and the prices skyrocketed. I remember when all the old-timers here and on GH were noting that the spike in prices was absurd; when mechanical keyboards were still a niche fad a nice blue Alps board could be had in the sub-$100 range. Now they go for 3-4 times that amount.

I remember some particularly famous auctions from late 2015/early 2016 where Blue Alps boards went for in excess of $500 on eBay, primarily to wealthy Korean collectors.

I came slightly too late to have known anything but hyper-inflated Blue Alps prices, but I saw the Chyros Effect firsthand on the Model F market late in 2015 after he released the review of his F-122 battleship. I grabbed one right after watching that video for the (in retrospect) fair price of $94, which we will probably not see again in our lifetimes. It used to be that F-122s were pretty common on eBay and went for around $100; now even grime and junk infested boards won't go for less than $200 and they've become quite rare.

It's crazy how market demand seems to always be driven by his videos. :lol:

TheNacho
delicious.

22 Oct 2017, 16:47

Thanks Myoth and consolation. Yeah, I checked r/mm, and there are people taking 180-250EUR for a stock NT, which is insane IMHO.

zooksman

22 Oct 2017, 16:53

Khronokrator wrote: Same. I wasn't really part of the community until early 2015-ish, which was right around the time that chyros was publishing his first videos. Of those, the one which had *by far* the most views was his review of his ridiculously pristine mint KB-101A. :P

After that, I and everyone else on the internet decided they simply had to have blue Alps and the prices skyrocketed. I remember when all the old-timers here and on GH were noting that the spike in prices was absurd; when mechanical keyboards were still a niche fad a nice blue Alps board could be had in the sub-$100 range. Now they go for 3-4 times that amount.

I remember some particularly famous auctions from late 2015/early 2016 where Blue Alps boards went for in excess of $500 on eBay, primarily to wealthy Korean collectors.

I came slightly too late to have known anything but hyper-inflated Blue Alps prices, but I saw the Chyros Effect firsthand on the Model F market late in 2015 after he released the review of his F-122 battleship. I grabbed one right after watching that video for the (in retrospect) fair price of $94, which we will probably not see again in our lifetimes. It used to be that F-122s were pretty common on eBay and went for around $100; now even grime and junk infested boards won't go for less than $200 and they've become quite rare.

It's crazy how market demand seems to always be driven by his videos. :lol:
I would complain about how the videos drove the prices, but I would never have gotten into the scene were it not for those videos. Always fantastic and well-made, and persuasive to boot.

fohat
Elder Messenger

22 Oct 2017, 17:25

Model Fs not compatible with modern motherboards (ie all of them except for the AT) could hardly be given away, that is, barely sold at $10-$20, maybe $30 if a seller was extremely lucky, until Soarer published his converter technique in what? about 2011-2012? Before, there was the Hagstrom for $50 (not nearly so nice as today's Hagstroms) that worked for the XT only, and that was it.

Post-Soarer, XT prices stayed in the $30 range and 122-key terminals went to $50-$60 for a couple of years, and then started inexorably climbing. XTs are quite common, and clumsy and awkward in configuration, so I consider them to be silly overpriced today. (Bigfoots and Blue Switches even more so.) Obviously, I love 122s, but it takes a lot of time and effort and money to actually make them comfortable, so the price of a raw one is just a starting point.

Perhaps I can take some responsibility for the increase in 122 prices, which had topped $100 for knowledgeable sellers by about 2013-2014 but there were still many listed in the $40-$80 range by sellers who did not really know what to do with them. After a "run on the market" that has been going on for at least a couple of years now, the supply is probably drying up and the price is not likely to come down.

Khronokrator

23 Oct 2017, 01:06

zooksman wrote: I would complain about how the videos drove the prices, but I would never have gotten into the scene were it not for those videos. Always fantastic and well-made, and persuasive to boot.
Absolutely, I mean no disrespect of chyros. Without his videos randomly popping up in my feed back in early 2015 I'd probably still be using godawful Cherry MX Blues and ignorant to the wider scale of the hobby. :lol:

I just wish I'd been around even a year earlier than I was, back when coveted items were (more) affordable and relatively easy to find.

As fohat said, though, the price inflation is also simply a factor of ever-increasing scarcity. Aside from the Kishaver project and Unicomp, absolutely no one is manufacturing these older mechanical keyboards or the switches that went into them anymore. There's a finite supply of these keyboards left that's only going to keep dwindling over time as more and more people get into the hobby of collecting vintage computer hardware - of which, what, 95% of everything that was ever made was probably junked long ago?

We're seeing a sort of renaissance in mechanical keyboards, it's true, but the majority of that market now is being driven by Cherry (and its derivatives/clones), and to a lesser extent enthusiast brands like Topre. It's great if you happen to like Cherry switches, not so much if you prefer a greater variety.

88Teo88

27 Oct 2017, 14:28

How much is a g81-3000 SAI worth?

Myoth

27 Oct 2017, 14:36

88Teo88 wrote: How much is a g81-3000 SAI worth?
as always, we need pictures...

davkol

27 Oct 2017, 15:55

Myoth wrote: as always, we need pictures...
No, not really.

Pricing will be obviously different based on condition, and pictures help assess that, but they're not all encompassing.

BTW isn't 88Teo88 that kinda controversial guy?

Nuum

27 Oct 2017, 15:58

davkol wrote: [...]

BTW isn't 88Teo88 that kinda controversial guy?
Kinda, AFAIK he tried to sell an obviously yellowed TA board as NIB and there was some shill-bidding stuff going on.

https://www.ebay.it/itm/322827845109 Coincidence?

88Teo88

27 Oct 2017, 16:37

ohh no:) Nuum

i sold, just a few people wanted to cheat from me this keyboard cheaper, and this attempt was unsuccessful, so... came the negative campaign :)

but... here are the bids: Image

and u know what is the biggest problem? the negative things remains :)

and yes, it is coincidence:)

Nuum

27 Oct 2017, 16:44

I don't think the names of the bidders should be made public...

kbdfr
The Tiproman

27 Oct 2017, 16:50

Nuum wrote: I don't think the names of the bidders should be made public...
Oh, he has shown before he doesn’t care much about eBay’s rules, same obviously applies to other rules as well :lol:

88Teo88

27 Oct 2017, 16:55

ohhh can u see? :D here is the kbdfr.. who did the negative campaign...
and now? no more ace in his hand... so the rules come:)

and U Nuum? here is the answer...
u know this is the biggest problem , i was always honest, and now the honesty is also a problem :)

kbdfr
The Tiproman

27 Oct 2017, 16:58

88Teo88 wrote: […] i was always honest, and now the honesty is also a problem :)

Return to “Marketplace Help”