[IC] Fox-Orange Aluminum TKL

runninghack

23 Jun 2017, 17:36

Let me introduce the first effort of FoxLab - Orange. I named it Orange because the inspiration comes from Oranges. I provide the thinner design and high quality material. They make the keyboard out of the ordinary. Wish you will like it.
IGEvuQW.png
IGEvuQW.png (479.56 KiB) Viewed 7239 times
Link to Geekhack Discussion

Specifications:
  • 6063 Anodized Aluminum / 7075 Microarc oxidation on Aluminum
  • Anodized aluminum or polished brass weight
  • SS and aluminum plate
  • Fully Programmable using Bootmapper Client and QMK
  • support standard ANSI layout - 6.25u spacebar with 1.25u modifiers - both WKL &WK
  • Current available microarc oxidation colors: White
  • Current available anodized colors: Red, Silver, Orange, other colors click here

The pricing :
  • Full kit aluminum weight: $280
  • Full kit (case, plate, pcb) with brass weight: $290
  • Extra name plate with custom text: $5
  • Shipping is not included
Expected timeline:
  • Group Buy opens: Jun 30, 2017
  • Group Buy closes: Jul 15, 2017
  • Deadline for payments: Jul 25, 2017
  • Keyboards will be shipped out: Sept , 2017
Photos of prototypes:
1.jpg
1.jpg (1.43 MiB) Viewed 7239 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (1.61 MiB) Viewed 7239 times
3.png
3.png (1009.93 KiB) Viewed 7239 times
4.jpg
4.jpg (2.1 MiB) Viewed 7239 times
5.jpg
5.jpg (1.79 MiB) Viewed 7239 times
Please feel free to leave a comment here and help use to improve this keyboard!

Prelim

23 Jun 2017, 17:45

no case feets or angle?! autch @@

runninghack

24 Jun 2017, 00:01

Prelim wrote: no case feets or angle?! autch @@
It comes with rubber feet

Mr.Nobody

24 Jun 2017, 00:07

Nice job~

clickityClackity

26 Jun 2017, 02:06

Any chance of a spacer for side lighting options in the future? Its a beautiful design and I'll probably (definitely) join but that would complete it for me.

Sent from my Lenovo PB2-670N using Tapatalk

runninghack

26 Jun 2017, 03:13

clickityClackity wrote: Any chance of a spacer for side lighting options in the future? Its a beautiful design and I'll probably (definitely) join but that would complete it for me.

I know that feature is pretty cool and popular. However we're not gonna add the side lighting to Orange because Orange was designed to be thin and the side lighting will make it thicker.

We'll absolutely consider adding side lighting and other cool features to our future products.

clickityClackity

26 Jun 2017, 03:23

runninghack wrote:
clickityClackity wrote: Any chance of a spacer for side lighting options in the future? Its a beautiful design and I'll probably (definitely) join but that would complete it for me.

I know that feature is pretty cool and popular. However we're not gonna add the side lighting to Orange because Orange was designed to be thin and the side lighting will make it thicker.

We'll absolutely consider adding side lighting and other cool features to our future products.
Fair enough. Beautiful board nonetheless, thanks for responding!

clickityClackity

31 Aug 2017, 04:01

Woooow, way more beautiful than I could have imagined!!! Beautiful work! ImageImageImage

Menuhin

31 Aug 2017, 08:20

Learn something: microarc oxidation on Aluminium to achieve a white finish.

If the orange logo at the bottom is the weight / plate, then it is indeed quite fancy.

calza

31 Aug 2017, 08:24

I just saw this, wish I could have got in on it!

runninghack

31 Aug 2017, 17:52

clickityClackity wrote: Woooow, way more beautiful than I could have imagined!!! Beautiful work! ImageImageImage
Glad you like it.

Thanks for sharing the photos.

Findecanor

31 Aug 2017, 19:10

runninghack wrote: Let me introduce the first effort of FoxLab - Orange. I named it Orange because the inspiration comes from Oranges.
Not the apple variety "Cox Orange", then? :P

clickityClackity

01 Nov 2017, 02:07

Hello all! Without going into too much (embarrasing) detail, I'll get to the point. I may need a replacement PCB for this beautiful keyboard. If anyone has one they can part with, please let me know. I would be internally grateful!

//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

01 Nov 2017, 03:09

clickityClackity wrote: Hello all! Without going into too much (embarrasing) detail, I'll get to the point. I may need a replacement PCB for this beautiful keyboard. If anyone has one they can part with, please let me know. I would be internally grateful!
Fox-lab is about to put out their GB for their second TKL, it might be possible to buy a PCB from this upcoming group buy: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=91625.0

I don't want to make any assumptions, though! It would be best to PM senter/runningback and ask! =)

clickityClackity

01 Nov 2017, 05:02

//gainsborough wrote:Fox-lab is about to put out their GB for their second TKL, it might be possible to buy a PCB from this upcoming group buy: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=91625.0

I don't want to make any assumptions, though! It would be best to PM senter/runningback and ask! =)
I did reach out to Senter to see if it would have the same PCB, but haven't heard back yet. Thanks for the reminder though! I'll follow up with him.

Return to “Group buys”