welcome to our new moderators

matt3o
-[°_°]-

22 Nov 2017, 12:22

Actually the first two moderators Deskthority ever had.

Following the complains regarding a slow response to moderation requests, please welcome: Compgeke & andrewjoy.

They are based on opposite sides of the world and that should help covering our moderation needs 24/7. They are in a trial period so let me know if they abuse their power or if they don't use it at all :)

Now all wish good luck to our new slaves... I mean minions... I mean moderators.

depletedvespene

22 Nov 2017, 12:28

Welcome! Being a moderator is a thankless job, so be sure to know that, at least, I will thank you for your efforts.

wobbled

22 Nov 2017, 12:31

Welcome to both! Hopefully this helps with the complete lack of moderation recently

Wodan
ISO Advocate

22 Nov 2017, 12:32

Thanks for volunteering guys :)

Topre Enthusiast

22 Nov 2017, 14:08

Good choices, I think. Welcome :)

gkubed

22 Nov 2017, 14:21

May you be innocent as doves and wise as serpents :)

ohaimark
Kingpin

22 Nov 2017, 14:26

The forum needed mods, as its signal to noise ratio was degrading significantly. Nice to see this move.

Topre Enthusiast

22 Nov 2017, 14:40

I dunno...it hasn't been that bad has it? Just the odd vocal troll who is surprisingly successful in baiting people.

wobbled

22 Nov 2017, 14:44

002 wrote: I dunno...it hasn't been that bad has it? Just the odd vocal troll who is surprisingly successful in baiting people.
The forum was spammed pretty badly by just 1 guy and nothing was done about it. Thats why we need more mods.

Topre Enthusiast

22 Nov 2017, 14:50

Spammed pretty badly? When I look at the Spy right now, I see peaceful discussion. I saw that guy who made a string of nonsensical posts and I saw that he was reported so had my eye on it, as I'm sure the other guys in the team did. I guess we have quite different ideas of what spam is...we've dealt with some rough spam here in the past but what's happened recently was nothing really.

wobbled

22 Nov 2017, 14:53

002 wrote: Spammed pretty badly? When I look at the Spy right now, I see peaceful discussion. I saw that guy who made a string of nonsensical posts and I saw that he was reported so had my eye on it, as I'm sure the other guys in the team did. I guess we have quite different ideas of what spam is...we've dealt with some rough spam here in the past but what's happened recently was nothing really.
The quantity of spam wasn't a massive problem, but within it was hate speech directed towards me once again

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

22 Nov 2017, 14:54

Well well...respect Matteo. I won't comment on the choice but both are capable. I stand corrected; something did happen.

Topre Enthusiast

22 Nov 2017, 14:55

I hope you guys aren't expecting Ban-fest 2017 because I think you will be disappointed.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

22 Nov 2017, 14:58

002 wrote: I hope you guys aren't expecting Ban-fest 2017 because I think you will be disappointed.
No, all I expect is for both of them to do their work and I'm sure they will.

Techno Trousers
100,000,000 actuations

22 Nov 2017, 15:04

Mods rule! Thanks for helping to keep this fine forum neat and tidy, guys.

wobbled

22 Nov 2017, 15:07

Yep im the same as seebart. Bans would've been ideal in the past but they dont always have a great effect due to people making new accounts. As long as offensive hateful content is removed then I am happy!

Gl to the mods.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

22 Nov 2017, 17:04

Welcome to the new mods, may they… oh, let's quote how I would deal with pure hate posts myself:
kbdfr wrote: […]
I wouldn't simply delete the incriminated post, but just erase its content (perhaps replacing it with a notice).
And sure I would ban the offender for at least a certain period of time.
If after that he just continues, permanent ban.
If he reappears with a new account, OK if he now behaves, but new offense = same procedure again. And again if necessary. […]
And I do feel relieved others will have to do the job :lol:

Return to “Deskthority talk”