Durgod Taurus K320

ghostdawg187

17 Jan 2018, 09:38

I am asking kindly if someone can provide me with some experiences on this keyboard I have found on aliexpress:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/produc ... 09908.html

It seems to be a really good offer for this price. What about the seller "KPrepublic" on aliexpress, any further infos on him?

Many thanks in advance.

fluke00700

19 Jan 2018, 19:32

I ordered one and it is currently on delivery, will update you the moment it arrives. :D

ghostdawg187

19 Jan 2018, 20:21

Lol, there you go. Seems a little bit like I have influenced you ;)

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

19 Jan 2018, 20:32

fluke00700 wrote: I ordered one and it is currently on delivery, will update you the moment it arrives. :D
Cool because the overall quality of this would interest me vs. a Ducky / Filco / Leopold and the likes.

Dingster

20 Jan 2018, 17:50

Man the white one looks really good.

consolation

21 Jan 2018, 05:04

It's amazing what you get sub 100$ nowadays.

fluke00700

21 Jan 2018, 11:52

and yes, I ordered the white case with Cherry Blues. I got mine for 68 bucks having a 4 bucks discount coupon from Aliexpress(not the store) so overall it's pretty nice considering you get a full set of PBT keycaps and Cherry mx switches.
Before the purchase, I checked on Taobao and it's priced at 62 Bucks without International Shipping so buying from Aliexpress isn't a bad choice either. :D

fluke00700

26 Jan 2018, 10:25

Here are some pictures of how it looks like : https://imgur.com/a/DXPfU
the packaging is nice sturdy box with good wrapping. The keycaps are indeed PBT and thicker than what you get from Razer's or Crosair's ABS which are pretty fun to type on. You have 3 level of height adjustments which is appreciated.
And yes inside the box they give you 2 cables. The shorter one is usb-c to usb-c and the longer one is of course usb-c to usb-a.

sokhibon

05 Mar 2018, 05:01

I found this https://www.aliexpress.com/store/produc ... 3612hoDaxz. Seems they added LED to it.

How does it feel? I am considering if I should purchase one.

Thank you.

ghostdawg187

01 Jun 2018, 11:18

So finally I can tell you something about my Durgod Taurus K320. To be honest, there is a little story behind it ;)

I have contacted Durgod by E-Mail in January this year and was asking for an option of a K320 with Cherry MX Clear switches. In the first instance there was no response. I have tried to contact them once more and I was in direct contact with a very friendly sales manager. To make a long story short: Durgod was so cool to built a custom model of a K320 for me with Cherry MX Clear switches and a tactile grey switch on the spacebar. And this was not enough; I have got a K310 with nearly all Cherry switches in one board. This one is a like huge switch tester ;) and is really fun to type on.

Now some thoughts on the K320; it is absolutely worth its price and even more! For nearly 80 Euros (plus customs) you can get a very solid and good looking mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX switches. It is my daily driver for about 3 months right now and did not swap it against my Topre Realforce 87U (55 g) or KB Paradise V80 with Matias Quiet click switches. The K320 is pretty heavy and the body got a very pleasant texture. This also holds for the keycaps but the edges show some minor potential for improvement in the cutting process.

I have paid over 150 Euros for my V80 and it definitely shows some key chatter and the keycaps are ABS although the texture is ok. In comparison to the MX Clear switches, Matias Quiet click switches feel extremely mushy and the key wobble is horrible. The plastics KB Paradise has used on the V80 look really cheap in direct comparison to the K320. I used to have some Filcos and I can say that the K320 can stand up to them in terms of build quality. But I am not quite sure why I should pay nearly 100 Euros more just to purchase a Filco.

And what about Topre? Well I have bought my 87U in Tokyo, so I was able to save some money. But after purchasing such an expensive keyboard I would never do this again, since I can see what a brand like Durgod is able to do for under 100 Euros.

I am really satisfied with my K320, although I have thought I would never type on Cherry switches again, but Durgod made it happen ;)

You can't do anything wrong on purchasing such a keyboard from Durgod. There is some extra stuff attached I am not really into (USB-C) or software for remapping keys under Windows, which I cannot use since I am under Ubuntu. Maybe for some gamers this can be useful. So in my opinion: if Durgod will show some improvement on the keycaps, it is in the same league like Varmilo, Filco or Leopold plays, just for far less money.

Some pictures:

moonlght

20 Aug 2018, 18:38

Hi,
i would like to buy a Durgod Taurus k310 with cherry mx clear. Could you give me the mail address to request the proper informations?

Many Thanks,
Luigi.

Return to “Keyboards”