Round 5 and Round 6 kits for sale!

deniedscout

10 Feb 2018, 19:19

Still, you'd think he'd pop in the thread more often than once every five years

Griffy

10 Feb 2018, 19:59

Did anyone get anything yet?. Im wondering if mine got caught in the customs....that will be very expensive :|

mecano

10 Feb 2018, 20:27

zslane wrote: Sorting and packing my order alone probably took him two days
…so that was you…

tar, anyone?

mecano

10 Feb 2018, 20:30

GriffDeLaGriff wrote: Did anyone get anything yet?. Im wondering if mine got caught in the customs....that will be very expensive :|
Doesn't EFTA counts here?

zslane

10 Feb 2018, 20:36

GriffDeLaGriff wrote: Did anyone get anything yet?. Im wondering if mine got caught in the customs....that will be very expensive :|
I have half of my phase 2 order (the red and black kits). I am still waiting for the other half (the white and grey kits), which are in-transit according to the DHL tracking number I have.

stevepet

11 Feb 2018, 00:45

These received yesterday:

Exactly as ordered, thank you 7bit.

velusip

11 Feb 2018, 04:42

Annual check-in... This is my punishment for placing a complex order. ;)

Ywg

11 Feb 2018, 11:43

stevepet wrote: These received yesterday:

Exactly as ordered, thank you 7bit.
You mean... this is finally... the.. the CAPPENING!

We need pictures!

infodroid

11 Feb 2018, 12:59

Ywg wrote: You mean... this is finally... the.. the CAPPENING!

We need pictures!
These are not the first Phase II caps to be delivered. For example, phinix already received the caps last month: post396118.html#p396118

datarama

11 Feb 2018, 16:27

Does anyone have one of these glorious caps to spare? I'd offer my soul or my hypothetical firstborn son for one!

Menuhin

11 Feb 2018, 17:07

datarama wrote: ...my hypothetical firstborn son...
hypothetically each time a man comes, if handled in a scientifically (fictionally) precise way, can result in around 40 million sons / daughters, given also 40 million fertilizable eggs, and adequate number of incubation environments.

I didn't imply it sounds to me like "I'd offer ... my come for one!" :lol:

taek

11 Feb 2018, 17:10

@datarama

I can give you one for free except shipping fee. But shipping fee from Korea to where you are is quite high, I guess.
Pm me if you are interested.
Last edited by taek on 11 Feb 2018, 17:16, edited 1 time in total.

profanu429

11 Feb 2018, 17:11

If anyone has a spare 1.75 grey shift I’d also sell my firstborn for it ;) Alternately I’ll have a decent amount of unused caps when mine arrive so maybe we can work out a trade :)

Menuhin

11 Feb 2018, 17:18

@datarama

Just found out https://www.europeanspermbank.com/en/ - they are from Denmark, and they may give you more than the whole set of Round 6 worth. So, come back to the joke, if you really want to spend that on a few Control caps, you can instead visit your neighbouring centre, and it will give you much more.

mecano

11 Feb 2018, 21:53

datarama wrote: Does anyone have one of these glorious caps to spare?
I have one but it's grey

datarama

11 Feb 2018, 23:57

I love this community.

@Menuhin: I actually live in Denmark, so it's a tempting offer - but they don't offer payment in keycaps. :(

@taek: PM'd, and thank you very much.

82d28a

12 Feb 2018, 16:29

Any word on any additional shipping?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eggplant

13 Feb 2018, 02:59

profanu429 wrote: If anyone has a spare 1.75 grey shift I’d also sell my firstborn for it ;) Alternately I’ll have a decent amount of unused caps when mine arrive so maybe we can work out a trade :)
Very similarly to this, except looking for a 1.75 row 4 shift in blue, but will also take a row 3.

Very much fishing here.

Thanks!

segacontroller

13 Feb 2018, 14:38

What is the best way to stay up to date on leftovers? I am looking for a R4/R3 225 shift and black and R4/R3 175 shift in black. Preferably all 4 keys.

zslane

13 Feb 2018, 18:48

There is no best way, only one way, and that's to watch the leftovers wiki like a hawk. It is not always accurate though because it depends on 7bit manually updating his inventory whenever he gets around to it. For instance, I recently tried to order some kits that were listed as leftovers, only to find that they did not make it onto my invoice and had subsequently been removed from the wiki (after the fact).

I also recommend watching this thread like a hawk because 7bit will occasionally post messages with specific leftover kits shown that he wants people to buy (maybe because of the excess quantities he's stuck with).

zslane

13 Feb 2018, 18:50

It's times like this I'm glad I use a normal keyboard with normal Shift keys...

82d28a

13 Feb 2018, 19:39

Yeah there should be a GB just for the most common alternative size shift keys for all the major key sets. It would help everyone.

nowai

13 Feb 2018, 22:23

82d28a wrote: Yeah there should be a GB just for the most common alternative size shift keys for all the major key sets. It would help everyone.

Jeez, is it too much to ask to plan your dream keyboard 3 years in advance?

zslane

14 Feb 2018, 00:51

Or just use a normal keyboard. You're just asking for frustration when you go with non-standard layouts.

Eggplant

14 Feb 2018, 07:24

zslane wrote: Or just use a normal keyboard. You're just asking for frustration when you go with non-standard layouts.
I never knew that I was going to fall in love with the 1800 layout.

The heart wants what the heart wants!

:cry:

Oblotzky

14 Feb 2018, 15:53

This is why I quite happily settled with TKL as my primary layout, makes buying SA sets cheaper.

chuckdee

14 Feb 2018, 19:23

Some layouts still work for most things... 65%/60%, split backspace. But they're not guaranteed, and you have to just be careful and take your lumps when it doesn't work and not complain when someone doesn't want to support it- even more for more customized layouts rather than make everyone else pay for your choices.

profanu429

14 Feb 2018, 19:28

HONEYB/SHIFT175/GREY |SHIFT (row 4, 1.75u) | 5.00| 1| 1| 5.00

Woohoo! White and grey (with some red accents like Return and Escape) HHKB layout finally complete.

jedmund

15 Feb 2018, 05:16

zslane wrote:
saboy wrote: I know that GB is "long term project" but the most time consuming task of GB is the production of keycaps. Sorting and shipping should be faster than that.
If this was anything but a 7bit group buy, I might agree with you there. The reality is that SP can manufacture all the keycaps in less than 90 days, but then poor Andreas has to do everything else--all by himself--in his spare time. Sorting and packing my order alone probably took him two days, and I wasn't even in the top 20 in terms of order size.

I strongly suggest trying to run a GB as massive as Round 6 all by yourself before proclaiming how long order fulfillment ought to take. I hate how long this process takes too, but my biggest beef with 7bit as we reached the end of this was not the speed of sorting, packing, and shipping, but the lack of communication as to what was going on in January when he went completely radio silent.

Luckily for us all, he seems to be sending out shipments weekly now. Eventually all the orders will go out. But it will take a good long while; there's only so much one lone busy dude in Berlin can do in a day/week/month.
This is well said. Mine probably took similar amounts of time since I think I ordered Red, White, Blue and Black. While I want them now, I realize that 7bit is one guy, so if it takes him a few weeks more, or a couple months more, thats ultimately okay. I've waited almost 3 years for these caps, so a little more won't hurt anyone.

saboy

15 Feb 2018, 09:38

jedmund wrote: This is well said. Mine probably took similar amounts of time since I think I ordered Red, White, Blue and Black. While I want them now, I realize that 7bit is one guy, so if it takes him a few weeks more, or a couple months more, thats ultimately okay. I've waited almost 3 years for these caps, so a little more won't hurt anyone.
The waiting is not a problem... The lack of info is problem.
Maybe 7bit is working and sorting hard, every day, but 10+ days without update (in case that he said "more on Monday") is disappointing.

Return to “Group buys”