Top 5 LINEAR switches of all time (according to my man Chyros)

green-squid

24 Feb 2018, 10:49

Slom

24 Feb 2018, 11:27

Take note of the 2nd place! 8-)

Sangdrax

24 Feb 2018, 11:53

After seeing all the praise for the Fujitsu contact leaf, I really wish Thomas was closer to my area so he could try the Digitran Z-leaf. Exact same principle but contactless and capacitive. Been my daily driver for almost a year now while even my beamspring sits on a shelf.

I've also been fooling around with my new keytronic and I think with the proper adjustable voltage sensitivity controller, might be able to covert those to absurdly nice linear by putting the mylar pad level with the slider or even slightly recessed instead of sticking out. No more mushy bottoming out, just the nice solid whack of plastic on PCB.

green-squid

24 Feb 2018, 12:05

Slom wrote: Take note of the 2nd place! 8-)
Uh oh. I'm about to sell mine to someone on reddit (to put Matias ones in my Zenith)

FXT
XT

24 Feb 2018, 12:27

I don't know much about Alps, but how does the SKCC green in the Pingmaster compare to SKCL green?

Chyros

24 Feb 2018, 14:08

FXT wrote: I don't know much about Alps, but how does the SKCC green in the Pingmaster compare to SKCL green?
They feel comparable yet somehow different. I can't really explain it. Also nice switches though. Sorry I can't be more concrete than that, I do actually have NOS keyboards of both though xD .

Chyros

24 Feb 2018, 14:09

Sangdrax wrote: After seeing all the praise for the Fujitsu contact leaf, I really wish Thomas was closer to my area so he could try the Digitran Z-leaf. Exact same principle but contactless and capacitive. Been my daily driver for almost a year now while even my beamspring sits on a shelf.

I've also been fooling around with my new keytronic and I think with the proper adjustable voltage sensitivity controller, might be able to covert those to absurdly nice linear by putting the mylar pad level with the slider or even slightly recessed instead of sticking out. No more mushy bottoming out, just the nice solid whack of plastic on PCB.
I've been looking for a Digitran board for a while, definitely interested in trying one out.

Sangdrax

24 Feb 2018, 15:43

Hopefully you'll get lucky. I've been hunting a nice vintage hall effect like your blue Courier for awhile and haven't had too much luck. Probably spent all mine when I got my IBM 3278 for $25 last year :lol:

Chyros

24 Feb 2018, 15:46

Sangdrax wrote: Hopefully you'll get lucky. I've been hunting a nice vintage hall effect like your blue Courier for awhile and haven't had too much luck. Probably spent all mine when I got my IBM 3278 for $25 last year :lol:
I traded the ITT Courier board with XMIT for two keyboards. If he has no further plans for it, you might be able to trade it off of him.

zslane

24 Feb 2018, 18:15

To answer the question, "Why would anyone want to put different keycaps on these Fujitsu switches?" the main reason, for me anyway, would be that I would want to put Round 6 Space Cadet keycaps[*] on any switch I like enough to use on a daily basis.

[*]... or Round 6 Honeywell keycaps, or Dasher keycaps, or...[/size]

Return to “Reviews”