JustSystems x Realforce 108UG-HiPro-JS

Taeha Types

16 Apr 2018, 20:05

green-squid

16 Apr 2018, 20:27

Cool! I'm bidding on a cheap topre keyboard somewhere right now (won't tell you where, please don't look for it!). I really really really really really really really really really really hope nobody else bids on it for 2 days. :? I really want it!!!!

samuelcable

16 Apr 2018, 20:30

The sound of topre will never get old to me. what a beautiful board!

Dingster

16 Apr 2018, 20:31

Woah that a fantastic looking board, but it sounds even better :o
One day ill try topre hehe.

Taeha Types

16 Apr 2018, 20:38

green-squid wrote: Cool! I'm bidding on a cheap topre keyboard somewhere right now (won't tell you where, please don't look for it!). I really really really really really really really really really really hope nobody else bids on it for 2 days. :? I really want it!!!!
TIME TO LOOK
jk best of luck!

Taeha Types

16 Apr 2018, 20:39

samuelcable wrote: The sound of topre will never get old to me. what a beautiful board!
same here as well. thanks!

Taeha Types

16 Apr 2018, 20:39

Dingster wrote: Woah that a fantastic looking board, but it sounds even better :o
One day ill try topre hehe.
thanks!
yes you should!

idlethock

16 Apr 2018, 20:48

Do the hi-profile caps add or detract anything from the typing experience or sound? I've been interested but never could find myself justifying the cost of another topre board, especially when the HHKB is already so nice. :)

Taeha Types

16 Apr 2018, 22:13

idlethock wrote: Do the hi-profile caps add or detract anything from the typing experience or sound? I've been interested but never could find myself justifying the cost of another topre board, especially when the HHKB is already so nice. :)
I don't think they add or detract to the experience/sound as far as im concerned, just a matter of preference. but topre hipro >>>> SA profile. here's an amazing hipro sound video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKkGy6ox-8o

cookie

17 Apr 2018, 16:23

Un-dampened Topre switches is something I start to dislike more and more :(

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

17 Apr 2018, 18:28

Hmm...seems really loud for Topre. :roll: :?

I'd love to try these though but I'm quite happy with my FC980C.

Elrick

18 Apr 2018, 02:01

seebart wrote: Hmm...seems really loud for Topre. :roll: :?

For real?

I have the same keyboard "FC980C" and I'm far happier with anything that has an Alps switch.

Hence the Thorpie phenomenon has passed me by and left me wanting something far noisier and louder. Although I still appreciate it's existence and even owning them BUT I'm a loud person that wants LOUD switches.

Thorpies are only for the secret and sinister..... we laughingly refer them as the SS Keyboards ;) .

cookie

18 Apr 2018, 10:48

seebart wrote: Hmm...seems really loud for Topre. :roll: :?

Did you put some dampening rings inside? I'd love to know how you like them if they are silenced.
Elrick wrote: ...Thorpies...
Calling them that is massively cringy.

seebart

18 Apr 2018, 11:56

Elrick wrote: For real?
Yes.
Elrick wrote: I have the same keyboard "FC980C" and I'm far happier with anything that has an Alps switch.
Absolutely, a brilliant keyboard I love it.
Elrick wrote: Hence the Thorpie phenomenon has passed me by and left me wanting something far noisier and louder. Although I still appreciate it's existence and even owning them BUT I'm a loud person that wants LOUD switches.
I know, go for Model F, should be loud enough for you old aussie ! :mrgreen:
cookie wrote: Did you put some dampening rings inside? I'd love to know how you like them if they are silenced.
Nope ,100% stock.

Grüße. ;)

wobbled

18 Apr 2018, 12:03

Unsilenced BKE extremes in a norbauer case is loud enough

seebart

18 Apr 2018, 12:11

wobbled wrote: Unsilenced BKE extremes in a norbauer case is loud enough
OK, never heard one myself.

chip chop

18 Apr 2018, 14:18

wobbled wrote: Unsilenced BKE extremes in a norbauer case is loud enough
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGxlbI56UaE

seebart

18 Apr 2018, 14:53

Actually in a grand scheme that's not very loud. Mid-loud I'd say.

Iggy

18 Apr 2018, 18:55

I have a Hi-Pro, it's one of the three RealForces I got. The key-caps add a plastic ring to the typing sound that doesn't do the keyboard much good (you can heard it too in the video). My first RealForce beats it quite a bit.

enrique.aliaga

19 Apr 2018, 00:09

Nice board!!!

Are there any tenkeyless HiPro models in existence? I would love to have one, but can’t stand a full size layout. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wobbled

19 Apr 2018, 00:13

enrique.aliaga wrote: Nice board!!!

Are there any tenkeyless HiPro models in existence? I would love to have one, but can’t stand a full size layout. :(

Nope, only way to get one is to swap the caps from a full size realforce hipro to a standard realforce tkl

E3E

19 Apr 2018, 02:57

wobbled wrote:

Nope, only way to get one is to swap the caps from a full size realforce hipro to a standard realforce tkl
You mean this isn't OEM? :shock:

Edit: don't want to hog up the thread of that awesome fullsize 108 with all my little custom jobbies. I'll post a thread for em. :)

subcat

19 Apr 2018, 03:18

wobbled wrote:

It's also worth noting that for anyone looking to do this to an 87U that the left ctrl slider/housing will need some modification as it's rotated to allow for the led. I initially planned to do a swap before I realised that.

cookie

19 Apr 2018, 10:05

I wan't this hipros so bad, on a HHKB though.
I've ordered the Tokyo60 just to put matteos HiPro caps on it but missed the drop of the caps... can you believe this?

seebart

19 Apr 2018, 10:20

cookie wrote: I wan't this hipros so bad, on a HHKB though.
I've ordered the Tokyo60 just to put matteos HiPro caps on it but missed the drop of the caps... can you believe this?
http://www.keyboardco.com/keyboard/usa- ... yboard.asp

Only £216.00 !?!? :x :roll:

wobbled

19 Apr 2018, 11:14

cookie wrote: I wan't this hipros so bad, on a HHKB though.
Keep an eye on ebay, i just bought my set from there and stuck them on my plum 75 which has genuine 45g topre domes installed. Its nearly as good as my HiPro HHKB now
20180418_212827.jpg
20180418_212827.jpg (1.53 MiB) Viewed 6550 times

seebart

19 Apr 2018, 11:16

Oh very nice looking.

cookie

19 Apr 2018, 17:28

@Seebart I can't justify salvaging a HiPro just for the caps, I couldn't do it to the Novatouch like many others just for the sliders.

I wish the Tokyo60 would have a 6U spacebar, but since It's programmable I'll find another way for my ümläütß :)

seebart

19 Apr 2018, 19:11

cookie wrote: @Seebart I can't justify salvaging a HiPro just for the caps, I couldn't do it to the Novatouch like many others just for the sliders.
Me neither, it's just too expensive. I'd love to try it out though.

Return to “Keyboards”