Focus FK-9000 "Project F" review (Alps Type T1 clones)

Chyros

02 Jun 2018, 15:16

This video has been in the making for two and a half years, and I'm proud to finally be able to show it to you. Hope you enjoy the video! :D HUGE thanks to Engicoder for making this project a reality!

02 Jun 2018, 16:16

That replacement calculator is really extraordinary, what a great prescence to have on your desk

Sangdrax

04 Jun 2018, 04:11

I just love those kind of functional restorations.

Elrick

04 Jun 2018, 05:44

BEAUTIFUL Looking Keyboard ;) .

The OLED screen just places it into the Stratosphere of Excellence.

Wish I could get an OLED screen for my old 5001 model (yes I collect old Focus keyboards).

They were simply the working man's keyboard, without all the fanfare of Northgate and their exorbitant pricing.

Always loved the Focus line because they did try to produce decent quality keyboards at a much lower price point (obtuse capitalist misnomer).

Releasing another decent review of the Focus line, OHMS we thank you :maverick: .

Chyros

04 Jun 2018, 07:21

Elrick wrote: BEAUTIFUL Looking Keyboard ;) .

The OLED screen just places it into the Stratosphere of Excellence.

Wish I could get an OLED screen for my old 5001 model (yes I collect old Focus keyboards).

They were simply the working man's keyboard, without all the fanfare of Northgate and their exorbitant pricing.

Always loved the Focus line because they did try to produce decent quality keyboards at a much lower price point (obtuse capitalist misnomer).

Releasing another decent review of the Focus line, OHMS we thank you :maverick: .
If you're interested in a calculator, ask Engicoder, it works with the 5001 as well :) .

mcmaxmcmc

04 Jun 2018, 10:43

I'm guessing the F in Project F stands for Focus?

Chyros

04 Jun 2018, 11:36

mcmaxmcmc wrote: I'm guessing the F in Project F stands for Focus?
Correctus.

Norman_

05 Jun 2018, 04:36

God, this video really inspired me to try and get my FK 9000 working again. The calculator works flawlessly, but the board itself doesn't

Elrick

05 Jun 2018, 05:38

Norman_ wrote: God, this video really inspired me to try and get my FK 9000 working again. The calculator works flawlessly, but the board itself doesn't
I've got the opposite of you, the keyboard works brilliantly BUT the Calc, is completely dead.

With all things connected to the Focus line of keyboards, you always enjoy the Good (which is rare) and you tolerate the bad (non-working).

ClicksOnLinks

10 Jun 2018, 21:23

Currently trying to pick one up myself

Return to “Reviews”