looking for a mouse with ALL proper switches, not just the main two

geekabit

30 Jul 2018, 20:21

Hi,

I'm looking for a mouse with all proper swiches. So far I've found out that most mice only use Omron or equivalent switches for the two main buttons, but not for the middle button and side buttons. I typically use the middle button a lot and the poor quality switches wear out fast. Unfortunately the used switches are generally not widely advertised.

Could anyone please point me in the direction of a simple 5 button mouse (scroll wheel, two side buttons) with all proper switches? Most pro gamer mice are expensive, look ridiculous and are still no guarantee that proper switches are used. All I'm looking for is a simple mouse that doesn't wear out within a years time.

Cheers,
Maarten

Darkshado

31 Jul 2018, 05:32

Ducky Secret could be an option: https://www.duckychannel.com.tw/page-en/ducky-secret/ might be a tad expensive, but it looks fairly understated compared to other "gamer" mice and pushes all-Omron switches as a selling point.

geekabit

31 Jul 2018, 10:53

Thanks Darkshado for the tip, I just ordered one and can't wait to try it.

andrewjoy

31 Jul 2018, 10:59

The secret is lovely . The back one of the 2 side buttons is a little stiff but its a sweet mouse.

geekabit

02 Aug 2018, 11:34

The Ducky Secret is great! I now click with confidence like I never did before. Finally the scroll wheel is a proper button too. The encoder is also a lot better than on my previous mouse.

As it turned out, I ordered a Ducky Secret and received a Ducky Secret M, which is fine by me.

Thanks for the gentle nudge in this direction.

Cheers,
Maarten
Attachments
dsc02172.jpg
dsc02172.jpg (4.59 MiB) Viewed 2389 times

Return to “Mice & other input devices”