Karabiner profiles LOST! Please help...

ShivaYash

14 Aug 2018, 02:32

Hello chaps,

I'm having issues with my aging iMac 2011. Its not feeling well. I rebooted the machine this evening and now my very nicely set up Karabiner profiles are lost.

Any idea where they might live? I've tried a Time Machine restore for the obvious folders, no change sadly. Karabiner simply presents me with 'default profile'.

Thanks,

Muirium
µ

14 Aug 2018, 11:19

I never got into Karabiner. (I program my keyboards instead.) So I don’t know the specifics. But I’d look for files and folders in the likely places: Application Support and Preferences, inside both your /Library and ~/Library folders. (Root library and user library.) Assuming your profiles were stored as files, their names should be in there somewhere.

If not local files, they could be cloud based. Does Karabiner sync with iCloud or Dropbox these days? If so, the files will live elsewhere from the usual suspects.

andrewjoy

14 Aug 2018, 13:10

They will be in ~/library somewhere not sure where tho. Or if TIme machine backs up the library

OSX updates often screw with settings held in the library folder, it sucks but its a bit much to ask for such a small company to test its software.

Return to “Off-topic”