Litontech Icebee LTKS-15002: Very tactile Alps clones

abrahamstechnology

17 Oct 2018, 23:55

I just ordered these clones off of AliExpress. I've heard rumors of them being very tactile and stiff, but no one seems to know for sure, so I decided to go ahead and buy some to see if they are any good. I found a webpage that states they were made by Litontech. Does anyone know what these are, and has had any experience with them?
clones.PNG
clones.PNG (520.16 KiB) Viewed 2403 times
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/produc ... 42800.html

http://telcontar.net/KBK/SwitchCollecti ... .php?id=85

I just noticed that the site lists that a few were shipped to Chyrosran22 back in 2016, do you still have them?
Last edited by abrahamstechnology on 27 Oct 2018, 23:16, edited 1 time in total.

Chyros

18 Oct 2018, 03:24

Hiya mate, yes, I still have them. They are very stiff, above all.

abrahamstechnology

18 Oct 2018, 23:37

Chyros wrote: Hiya mate, yes, I still have them. They are very stiff, above all.
How are the click/tactile leaves? If they are any good I might do a spring swap.

Chyros

18 Oct 2018, 23:45

abrahamstechnology wrote:
Chyros wrote: Hiya mate, yes, I still have them. They are very stiff, above all.
How are the click/tactile leaves? If they are any good I might do a spring swap.
Fished them out of the box to have a go at them again - they are definitely very tactile. Note that they use a steel mantis-foot style clicker.

Also, mine have three legs rather than two Oo .

abrahamstechnology

19 Oct 2018, 00:01

Chyros wrote:
abrahamstechnology wrote:
Fished them out of the box to have a go at them again - they are definitely very tactile. Note that they use a steel mantis-foot style clicker.

Also, mine have three legs rather than two Oo .
Interesting, I wonder if the two leg version has the same spring weight installed. It seems like the 3-leg version would be for special applications rather than keyboards. (Like the Guitar Hero controller switches)

abrahamstechnology

27 Oct 2018, 00:20

They just arrived and have such a crazy looking tactile leaf! Tai-Hao's looks pathetic in comparison. They feel great to me stock IMO but you can drop in the Alps spring of your choice you get an amazing switch!

abrahamstechnology

27 Oct 2018, 04:02

I'm putting Black Alps springs in mine. They feel somewhere in between Box Navy and Jade, but a much more tactile bump.
If these are electrically OK and free of any chatter (Don't have board to test them in yet) I highly recommend these for modding.

watchman

27 Oct 2018, 04:35

Very bad quality,I will not commander any of it.

abrahamstechnology

27 Oct 2018, 05:23

watchman wrote: Very bad quality,I will not commander any of it.
It seems about average to me. Not Alps SKCM quality of course but the tactility is the thing that stands out here.

And if the electrical contacts are complete crap I can just put the clicker leaf and stem in a Tai-Hao housing.

abrahamstechnology

27 Oct 2018, 23:13

While the contacts aren't gold plated (they look tin-plated), it looks like there are TWO contact points, presumably for redundancy.
I can see this switch as the Aristotle of Alps.

abrahamstechnology

02 Nov 2018, 18:41

Update: Unfortunately the switch housings don't fit in Alps plates. However,the click leaf and slider can go into a Black Alps housing just fine.

Return to “Keyboards”