Cherry DS ANSI keys (first Round3 sets available)

off

03 May 2012, 12:30

fruktstund wrote:I wonder what this could be..? ;)
C'mon, moneyshot!

demik

06 May 2012, 00:46

got mine today, thanks ascaii!

got to california a lot sooner than i expected.

nntnam

07 May 2012, 10:24

Any more invoices?

gothic860

07 May 2012, 17:52

Any N or LU ISO set available?

dirge

07 May 2012, 18:40

Ascaii did offer a DE ISO set, which country are you looking for?

postlapsaetia

07 May 2012, 19:33

nntnam wrote:Any more invoices?
I'm wondering this also.

Ascaii
The Beard

07 May 2012, 20:12

I understand you are impatient, but I am living on very limited time at the moment. Work, university, and my four year old take precedence. Sorry.

off

08 May 2012, 01:02

Ascaii wrote:Work, university, and my four year old take precedence. Sorry.
Seriously, don't be; priorities seem to be straight. ;)

Missed gothic's q for iso sets though..
v-- yes that small thread I posted in thrice. Herp.
Last edited by off on 08 May 2012, 02:22, edited 1 time in total.

gimpster

08 May 2012, 01:32

off wrote:
Ascaii wrote:Work, university, and my four year old take precedence. Sorry.
Seriously, don't be; priorities seem to be straight. ;)

Missed gothic's q for iso sets though..
There was a different thread about that entirely. I think they're getting it sorted offline.

dfxdx

09 May 2012, 23:48

Many thanks Ascaii, got my sets today. Will also be trying out the cleaning tabs. Thanks again.

off

10 May 2012, 03:52

gimpster wrote:
off wrote:Missed gothic's q for iso sets though..
There was a different thread about that entirely. I think they're getting it sorted offline.
That thread I'd actually posted in before that post... seem to have missed the part where the op there and gothic here were actually the same guy. :?
dfxdx wrote:Many thanks Ascaii, got my sets today. Will also be trying out the cleaning tabs. Thanks again.
Got my sets as well as the M2; no cleaning tabs to be found though :shock:
My sincere appreciation nonetheless; M2 cleaned (have a stack of dental tabs), recapped and somewhat working!

Feeling buckling springs for the first time again feels reeeeeeeeally weird, absolutely not what I imagined from what I read/heard/saw; do definitely recall that feeling where you press a key and repress without a full release and it doesn't register but just feels funky..
Somewhat since it came with three bent springs, and while pulling caps I actually managed to bend two more..
And because I put it back together in a way that has one membrane pin not connecting nicely without external pressure it's now outfitted with a huge clamp on the side, so for the time being it's a lap-board.

Thanks again Ascaii.

*noteworthy perhaps, I've changed the capacitors for two I had laying around and evidently it works, so far.
originally 22uF/50V & 47uF/16V now 22uF/35V & 47uF/35V.

rknize

10 May 2012, 06:32

Got my keys, straight from Ikea! Thanks Ascaii!
Attachments
keyboard-cherry-white-1.jpg
keyboard-cherry-white-1.jpg (260.91 KiB) Viewed 5669 times

off

10 May 2012, 22:37

update on my previous post; TP keys still unopened, but seem clean (and quite shocking how the TP hole seems as if it's manually drilled in afterwards xD) so probably won't be needing any tabs for those anyhow.
And the M2.. Back in full effect.
Spoiler:
Took her apart again to fix the one pin that didn't make contact without external pressure and to see if I could do something with the three bent springs (came with two, bent another when my puller snapped under the key into the spring when the key popped up; was mistaken last time when I said 3+2, it's 2+1).
What I did, try and bend the springs a little more into a normal shape, quite unsuccesful, but turning them around and fitting them so they bow towards the front made them *all* work again; one is now clicking on the way up as well as down, one is functionally indistinguishable from a straight one, and the other is a bit strange in that it works perfectly when you tap the key from any side except the front. So basically I could use two replacements, but I'm not feeling opening that beast yet again. :D
I fixed the connection between the membrane and the pcb by putting a cut-off ty-rib underneath the spongey rubber to prop the connecting end of the membrane up a little more; works perfectly.
And I fixed the F11 key not working by redrawing the relevant portion of the membrane with my refillable pencil, it was visually quite clear that it was 'burnt' beyond functioning; while I was at it I redrew any other funky-looking areas as well.
Protip: don't use 'pause-break' as testkey in aquakeytest, it'll report strangely on any keyboard; that really got me on this one, thought it was because of my membrane reworking that it only flashed sometimes and never held- not the case, it appears that the key will always send down and up immediately after even if you are still holding it down.
Also glued two of the snapped stabilisers back in place using superglue, it did take a few tries before I managed to reinsert them without breaking again.
One thing that's annoying me is the main enter key, it's sounds and feels different from the rest (though right-shift and space are also candidates for most awkward sounding&feeling button on the board) because it uses the only metal stabiliser on the board.. Will probably drop some grease on there to calm it down a bit.
This was after replacing the caps obviously, see previous post for that.
Funky little detail, the board (at least after capswap) takes quite a bit longer than any other I've tried to initialize when plugging in.. made me freak out a few times since during that time nothing registers ofcourse. :?
Yes, everything works now. :D

Nice to see pbt-dyesubbed for the first time, very goodlooking; shame it's in german layout. ;)

So, anyone got any tips for the spacebar/right-shift/enter feel&sound? (will do a search later)
edit, dunked some grease on the enter stabilizer, works nicely- sadly that key is still quite sensitive to where exactly you tap it, noticeable friction when not hit right in the center.
Think I'll treat space and shift to the same.
No results from searching, so went ahead:
Grease improved all stabilisers massively.
Drowned em in that white goo the way only Dutchies do.

Last word of warning to anyone thinking of M2's; the keys are sculpted to their respective rows. It's a subtle difference, but very existent nonetheless.

vanatir

18 May 2012, 16:59

are there still some german keysets up for sale?

mkawa

20 May 2012, 21:57

ascaii: please cancel my order. getting out of cherry keyboards.

jcrouse

21 May 2012, 00:29

mkawa wrote:ascaii: please cancel my order. getting out of cherry keyboards.
I may be interested in his set depending what it is.

Thanks,
John

gimpster

21 May 2012, 00:43

jcrouse wrote:

Thanks,
John
You can go look in the OP...everyone's order is posted there.

jcrouse

21 May 2012, 01:01

gimpster wrote:
jcrouse wrote:

Thanks,
John
You can go look in the OP...everyone's order is posted there.
Thanks for the heads up ...

Not interested, it's a TP set.

John

off

23 May 2012, 00:07

Curious, what are you into now then?

pasph

25 May 2012, 12:27

I'm interested in mkawa set (only if NOT German set).
What should I do to buy it?

nntnam

25 May 2012, 19:01

I really don't want to stress you, but I'm about to leaving in next few months. Please let me know when will you start shipping this? Just asking.

Denonic

28 May 2012, 03:24

nntnam wrote:I really don't want to stress you, but I'm about to leaving in next few months. Please let me know when will you start shipping this? Just asking.
I'm in a similar position. I'm flying to a different continent in a couple of weeks for a month. Any chance these would be shipped out before then? Otherwise I might need to divert the shipping to the address I will be staying at.

Ascaii
The Beard

28 May 2012, 12:54

Sorry people, I am currently very busy. I will have a breather after the 7th, and am hoping to get the caps sorted out then.

nntnam

04 Jun 2012, 05:10

pm'd you for a little change in the order list. Thanks.

4en

05 Jun 2012, 06:01

i'd like to get in on this !

m_enanos

08 Jun 2012, 23:23

any idea when the last sets will be shipped?

British

11 Jun 2012, 11:53

dirge wrote:Ascaii did offer a DE ISO set, which country are you looking for?
FR would be quite nice, if there's a round 4 at some point :roll:

net2522

12 Jun 2012, 01:21

Invoice Please!!!

shawn o

22 Jun 2012, 03:58

I'm #14 on the used list. Please cancel my order. Its been months and no action....

gimpster

22 Jun 2012, 05:05

shawn o wrote:I'm #14 on the used list. Please cancel my order. Its been months and no action....
Oh ye of little faith. :lol:

Return to “Group buys”